Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 11th Aug 19, 7:38 AM
    • 14,365Posts
    • 38,282Thanks
    redfox
    Vauxhall book a test drive, get free gift (worth up to 100)
    • 11th Aug 19, 7:38 AM
    Vauxhall book a test drive, get free gift (worth up to 100) 11th Aug 19 at 7:38 AM
    Take a test drive, choose a gift. Whether you buy a car or not.

If you take a Vauxhall test drive on our range of cars and vans between 1 August and 9 September, you can choose one of five fantastic gifts as a thank-you.

You could get yourself either an Amazon Echo Dot, Amazon Fire 7 32GB Tablet or Amazon Echo Show 5. Or how about a family day out at one of the UKs top attractions? Or, if you prefer, well donate 50 to your favourite charity.

https://www.vauxhall.co.uk/test-drive.html?intcid=hp-banner-1-testdrive
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1
    • girfrommars
    • By girfrommars 11th Aug 19, 11:12 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 408 Thanks
    girfrommars
    • 11th Aug 19, 11:12 AM
    • 11th Aug 19, 11:12 AM
    Anyone done this?
    • couriervanman
    • By couriervanman 14th Aug 19, 5:20 PM
    • 627 Posts
    • 1,134 Thanks
    couriervanman
    • 14th Aug 19, 5:20 PM
    • 14th Aug 19, 5:20 PM
    T&Cs mention no purchase necessary.........might be tricky trying to get the two id codes needed
    • pphillips
    • By pphillips 14th Aug 19, 6:06 PM
    • 614 Posts
    • 418 Thanks
    pphillips
    • 14th Aug 19, 6:06 PM
    • 14th Aug 19, 6:06 PM
    Went through the website but got a call back from my local dealer to say they haven't been provided with any codes to give out.
    • olgadapolga
    • By olgadapolga 15th Aug 19, 2:25 PM
    • 997 Posts
    • 1,180 Thanks
    olgadapolga
    • 15th Aug 19, 2:25 PM
    • 15th Aug 19, 2:25 PM
    My local dealer had the codes but I didn't get an email confirmation from the online booking system with the first code required.

Email sent to Vauxhall . . .
    • MDE
    • By MDE 18th Aug 19, 5:04 PM
    • 152 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    MDE
    • 18th Aug 19, 5:04 PM
    • 18th Aug 19, 5:04 PM
    I booked last week, took the test drive Friday, got both codes (emailed one and one from the dealer following the drive) and I will submit the claim on Monday. The card with the code said this was needed for test drives taken Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

All very painless but I should point out that I am in the market for a car in the next few months and so was a genuine buyer. I don't feel it fair to waste the dealers time or have them incur the cost of a test drive unless you are potentially a genuine buyer.
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 18th Aug 19, 9:34 PM
    • 4,985 Posts
    • 39,902 Thanks
    Katiehound
    • 18th Aug 19, 9:34 PM
    • 18th Aug 19, 9:34 PM
    I don't feel it fair to waste the dealers time or have them incur the cost of a test drive unless you are potentially a genuine buyer.
    Originally posted by MDE
    The whole idea is that you might become a potential customer. You might like one of their vehicles so much that when you are about to purchase a new car you return to the Vauxhall dealer.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks

• DavyJones61
    • By DavyJones61 19th Aug 19, 1:05 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    DavyJones61
    • 19th Aug 19, 1:05 PM
    • 19th Aug 19, 1:05 PM
    I don't feel it fair to waste the dealers time or have them incur the cost of a test drive unless you are potentially a genuine buyer.
    That's their problem.

I did it.

Filled out the form a week last Sunday, took the test drive on Wednesday and my Amazon echo 5 arrived today.

Just setting it up now.

Downloading updates.
    • olgadapolga
    • By olgadapolga 19th Aug 19, 1:57 PM
    • 997 Posts
    • 1,180 Thanks
    olgadapolga
    • 19th Aug 19, 1:57 PM
    • 19th Aug 19, 1:57 PM
    I had to ring Vauxhall CS to get my code - they had a list of email addresses that hadn't received their codes.

Tried to claim my gift (took test drive last Thursday) but just get a message stating that one of the two codes is incorrect.

Will try again tomorrow (as it says to leave it 72 hours from time of test drive) - if it still fails then I'll ring Vauxhall. AGAIN.
    • DavyJones61
    • By DavyJones61 19th Aug 19, 2:17 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    DavyJones61
    I got my code after the test drive and used it and the code I was sent by email when I applied for the test drive the next day.
    I had no problems.
    • Helen28
    • By Helen28 25th Aug 19, 3:49 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Helen28
    I booked a test drive and got my Echo Show 5 yesterday
    • couriervanman
    • By couriervanman 3rd Sep 19, 6:11 PM
    • 627 Posts
    • 1,134 Thanks
    couriervanman
    Did my test drive today after getting test drive id........was told promotion has ended by Mr Smarmy and that his boss had chucked all the unused retailer id codes out
    It was only after i showed him my email plus t&c from site that he promised to post a card out.......he's got till Thursday or i'll be back on the phone.On the main site it says

"If you booked a test drive that was eligible for a free gift prior to 23.59 on the 2nd September you will still be able to choose and claim your gift when you complete a test drive at a participating Vauxhall Retailer."

I'm in the market for a new or probably 12 month old Astra so he better pull his finger out
    • couriervanman
    • By couriervanman 10th Sep 19, 9:52 AM
    • 627 Posts
    • 1,134 Thanks
    couriervanman
    Got my other code the following day and submitted claim for echo show 5......now see how long it takes to arrive
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

125Posts Today

1,218Users online

Martin's Twitter