Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Rockman
    • By Rockman 6th Aug 19, 9:38 AM
    • 600Posts
    • 144Thanks
    Rockman
    Road Traffic Penalty Points
    • 6th Aug 19, 9:38 AM
    Road Traffic Penalty Points 6th Aug 19 at 9:38 AM
    Can anyone advise if there is anywhere I can look online or anywhere I can phone to check the number of penalty points I have, and when they expire. I had a quick look on the DVLNI website but I could not see anything.

I had (have) 6 penalty points dating back a couple of years and I am not sure when they expire. I cannot lay my hands on my driving license letter at the moment so no way of checking there.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Val
Page 1
    • CEON44
    • By CEON44 6th Aug 19, 12:47 PM
    • 363 Posts
    • 144 Thanks
    CEON44
    • 6th Aug 19, 12:47 PM
    • 6th Aug 19, 12:47 PM
    From nidirect.gov.uk:

The paper counterpart of your driving licence will show driving offences and other relevant information.

If you’ve lost your driving licence and need to check your endorsement details you can contact DVA customer services, Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm on:

phone: 0300 200 7861
    I started out with nothing......And still have most of it left
    • Rockman
    • By Rockman 8th Aug 19, 10:46 AM
    • 600 Posts
    • 144 Thanks
    Rockman
    • 8th Aug 19, 10:46 AM
    • 8th Aug 19, 10:46 AM
    Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately their system does not recognize NI driving license numbers.

I had to ring them and go through numerous options to finally get speaking to someone. I got it sorted in the end but it took some doing. You need lots of patience.
    Val
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

209Posts Today

1,948Users online

Martin's Twitter