Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nex0
    • By Nex0 28th Jul 19, 5:18 PM
    • 827Posts
    • 345Thanks
    Nex0
    EDF Change tarrif issue / Simply Online 1 Year Fix Aug20v4
    • 28th Jul 19, 5:18 PM
    EDF Change tarrif issue / Simply Online 1 Year Fix Aug20v4 28th Jul 19 at 5:18 PM
    Im currently with EDF and my tarrif is to come to and end at the end of next month.

Im a member of the cheap energy club and I used that fine last year to switch from an old EDF tarrif to a new one.

This time I want to swap to there new tarrif Simply Online 1 Year Fix Aug20v4 but its telling me that I have to goto there site to do it and I have had the same result with using uswitch.

Problem is when you log in direct to the EDF site and click change tarrif that one is not avaliable.

I used the live chat and spoke to them and they say its only avaliable through 3rd party sites like uswitch.

They are looking into this and will email me back within 48hrs but I cant say im expecting a resolution.

Has anyone else had this issue or managed to change to this tarrif sucessfully?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Nex0; 28-07-2019 at 5:22 PM. Reason: Add the tarrif to the title
Page 1
    • Gerry1
    • By Gerry1 28th Jul 19, 6:15 PM
    • 653 Posts
    • 418 Thanks
    Gerry1
    • 28th Jul 19, 6:15 PM
    • 28th Jul 19, 6:15 PM
    Some offers are advertised only on third party sites to attract new customers. It's a bit like insurance companies not offering introductory rates to existing customers and hoping that you will accept their auto-renewal at eye watering rates.

What happens if you tell the price comparison site you're with British Gas? Might be worth a try !
    • Nex0
    • By Nex0 28th Jul 19, 6:26 PM
    • 827 Posts
    • 345 Thanks
    Nex0
    • 28th Jul 19, 6:26 PM
    • 28th Jul 19, 6:26 PM
    Some offers are advertised only on third party sites to attract new customers. It's a bit like insurance companies not offering introductory rates to existing customers and hoping that you will accept their auto-renewal at eye watering rates.

What happens if you tell the price comparison site you're with British Gas? Might be worth a try !
    Originally posted by Gerry1

Thats a good suggestion thank you and it now indeed lets me select it.

However if I do go through the process isnt there a strong possibility of the change over failing because im not actually with British Gas?

Ridiculous that we have to go to these lenghts in the first place.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 28th Jul 19, 6:48 PM
    • 13,427 Posts
    • 6,143 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 28th Jul 19, 6:48 PM
    • 28th Jul 19, 6:48 PM
    Are you sure its not for new customers only .
    • Nex0
    • By Nex0 28th Jul 19, 6:54 PM
    • 827 Posts
    • 345 Thanks
    Nex0
    • 28th Jul 19, 6:54 PM
    • 28th Jul 19, 6:54 PM
    Are you sure its not for new customers only .
    Originally posted by JJ Egan

I did wonder that myself but if that was the case why not just say that on the comparison sites rather then tell me I need to change directly with EDF.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 28th Jul 19, 6:56 PM
    • 13,427 Posts
    • 6,143 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 28th Jul 19, 6:56 PM
    • 28th Jul 19, 6:56 PM
    Yes just looked and it does not say new customers only .
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 28th Jul 19, 6:58 PM
    • 4,029 Posts
    • 1,174 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 28th Jul 19, 6:58 PM
    • 28th Jul 19, 6:58 PM
    You may need to be dual fuel. ?
    • Nex0
    • By Nex0 28th Jul 19, 7:19 PM
    • 827 Posts
    • 345 Thanks
    Nex0
    • 28th Jul 19, 7:19 PM
    • 28th Jul 19, 7:19 PM
    Yes just looked and it does not say new customers only .
    Originally posted by JJ Egan

I just used the live chat and they say I am eligible for the tariff but donít understand why I canít select it and will investigate and get back to me within 3 days.

I just tried through moneysupermarket as well with the same issue.

You may need to be dual fuel. ?
    Originally posted by AndyPK

Thanks for the suggestion but I am already with them on dual fuel.
    • Nex0
    • By Nex0 28th Jul 19, 7:21 PM
    • 827 Posts
    • 345 Thanks
    Nex0
    • 28th Jul 19, 7:21 PM
    • 28th Jul 19, 7:21 PM
    Thats a good suggestion thank you and it now indeed lets me select it.

However if I do go through the process isnt there a strong possibility of the change over failing because im not actually with British Gas?

Ridiculous that we have to go to these lenghts in the first place.
    Originally posted by Nex0

I spoke to EDF regarding this and they said not to do it as it will cause a problem.
    • Rich2808
    • By Rich2808 21st Oct 19, 6:07 PM
    • 883 Posts
    • 705 Thanks
    Rich2808
    I am having a similar issue with the EDF simply online 1 year fix Nov 20 v3 which is available via the Moneysavingexpert energy club.

My current EDF tariff expires on 31 October - was the OP successful in switching from their current EDF tariff to this energy club EDF tariff (which is not available direct from EDF)?

The Nov20 tariff via the club is nearly £220 a year cheaper for me than the best available tariff direct from EDF on my EDF online account - plus £25 cash back.
    • Gerry1
    • By Gerry1 21st Oct 19, 6:35 PM
    • 653 Posts
    • 418 Thanks
    Gerry1
    Log out, clear all your cookies, close and open your browser, allow all cookies and try starting again from MSE or another comparison site. Try using a different email address as well.

Read the full Ts &Cs carefully; a quick glance suggests that existing / past customers are eligible.

Note that you can't have gas only, you can't phone them and you must have a smart meter. Unlike E.On, they'll bump you on to a deemed contract if you refuse, it's not just a case of agreeing to be contacted.
    • LeeCox
    • By LeeCox 21st Oct 19, 6:46 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    LeeCox
    I am having a similar issue with the EDF simply online 1 year fix Nov 20 v3 which is available via the Moneysavingexpert energy club.

My current EDF tariff expires on 31 October - was the OP successful in switching from their current EDF tariff to this energy club EDF tariff (which is not available direct from EDF)?

The Nov20 tariff via the club is nearly £220 a year cheaper for me than the best available tariff direct from EDF on my EDF online account - plus £25 cash back.
    Originally posted by Rich2808
    Ensure the CEC has the correct data regarding your current supplier & tariff (and that your address is correct).

The CEC will then display the tariffs you are eligible to apply for
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 21st Oct 19, 6:53 PM
    • 4,029 Posts
    • 1,174 Thanks
    AndyPK
    I switched via uswitch. It didn't go thru. I lodged a complaint with EDF.
    2 months later the issue was sorted! They backdated the switch date.

Was painful though! You need access to a phone all day so EDF can call you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

635Posts Today

6,959Users online

Martin's Twitter