Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • waterman3
    • By waterman3 11th May 19, 7:06 PM
    • 469Posts
    • 18Thanks
    waterman3
    Auto Enrolment questions
    • 11th May 19, 7:06 PM
    Auto Enrolment questions 11th May 19 at 7:06 PM
    I'm in a temporary job at the moment and it's due to last around 4 months. My employer has told me I've been enrolled into an auto enrolment pension. I'll put in 3% of my monthly salary and my employer puts in 7.5%.

I think I've made a couple of contributions to AE, totalling only about 20, in a previous temp job.

I don't really understand it and was hoping for some help.

1. When my job ends a few months, where does the money I've built up go?

2. Is there a website (similar to Government Gateway) where I can see my auto enrolment balance?

3. At what age do I receive this pension and how is the pension I receive calculated?

4. I've made a few contributions at a previous employer. Do I need to inform my current employer of this?

I'm sure I've got more questions but these are the main ones off the top of my head.
Page 1
    • MovingForwards
    • By MovingForwards 11th May 19, 7:28 PM
    • 2,515 Posts
    • 2,979 Thanks
    MovingForwards
    • 11th May 19, 7:28 PM
    • 11th May 19, 7:28 PM
    1. With the pension provider (PP), your employer must give you their details and you receive a welcome pack /letter from the PP.
    2. You can log on to the PP site and it will show you.
    3. State pension age, unless you specified a different age.
    4. No.
    • Barney Rubble 0403
    • By Barney Rubble 0403 11th May 19, 7:32 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    Barney Rubble 0403
    • 11th May 19, 7:32 PM
    • 11th May 19, 7:32 PM
    The contributions are held by the AE provider against your name/N.I number and so in theory you could have many different employers but each of them are paying into the same pot.

The provider will have their own site - chances are the provider is NEST in which case you can register and view your pension. You should receive a pack from the provider and you should have had the opportunity to withdraw from any scheme.

There is a guide on MSE which explains AE - hopefully someone can post a link.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

67Posts Today

3,610Users online

Martin's Twitter