Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JackCork
    • By JackCork 23rd Feb 19, 4:54 PM
    • 182Posts
    • 113Thanks
    JackCork
    What's the worst thing your pet has done?
    • 23rd Feb 19, 4:54 PM
    What's the worst thing your pet has done? 23rd Feb 19 at 4:54 PM
    i would say the worst thing is that just before i was meant to be handing a book back to my school library , the dog ripped off the front cover , quite embarrassing , also the dog peed on my brothers bed when he got scared about heavy rain.

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Tine; 30-05-2019 at 9:54 AM.
Page 2
    • marrowgirl
    • By marrowgirl 19th Mar 19, 8:24 PM
    • 904 Posts
    • 1,904 Thanks
    marrowgirl
    My cat often brings in mice, frogs or worms and puts them on my pillow but the worst was when he put a slug on my mouth while I was asleep (I woke pretty sharpish!) I guess he was complaining about my snoring.
    "I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants." A. Whitney Brown
    • Jackson7148
    • By Jackson7148 20th Mar 19, 6:40 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Jackson7148
    My cat Roxy, likes to jump on top of the bedroom door and cry until we get a chair to get her down. She's recently realised she can jump onto the bed from the top of the door without hurting herself. It's actually quite funny when she bombs from 7 foot up onto my sleeping Mrs
    • boingsaidzebedee
    • By boingsaidzebedee 20th Mar 19, 8:11 PM
    • 164 Posts
    • 609 Thanks
    boingsaidzebedee
    My Benji was a real terror and very partial to a good chew.The first week should have run up the warning flags but probably like yourself I was tolerant of the new family addition.Two pairs of shoes,a sofa and the rabbit cage,the rabbit I think must have made a bolt for freedom over the back garden wall.
    But he was a lovable affectionate soul and sort of grew on me.
    However one day I found him in the garden with the fence between next door destroyed and the bloke was'nt too happy.It seemed his two pitbulls were nowhere to be found,I think they must have made a bolt for freedom over the back garden wall.
    Then came the evening of the burglary.I woke on hearing a commotion and on running downstairs found Benji in the kitchen amid an awful mess,a crowbar,a single trainer but no sign of any intruder.The Police arrived with a German Shepherd Police dog.

As I talked to the officer by the front door he sent the dog for a hunt around the house in case the burglar was hiding indoors.The dog started barking and the officer ran into the kitchen then out again at speed straight through the open front door.
    Never did find any trace of the burglar or for that matter the German Shepherd.I think they both made a bolt for freedom over the back garden wall.
    Anyway shortly after I was offered an overseas work contract and did'nt think it fair to leave Benji with a pet sitter.Especially as the last one had left without notice or even made contact to give an explanation,might as well have disappeared into thin air.
    So I found Benji a new home and he seems quite happy at Whipsnade zoo with the other crocodiles.
    • Legacoid
    • By Legacoid 23rd Mar 19, 1:34 AM
    • 48 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    Legacoid
    I have two Beagles so the list of candidates for "worst thing" is extensive, but the absolute worst thing? My little boy Beagle has a poop eating habit, and every now and then he vomits up the partially digested contents of his stomach - usually onto our bedroom carpet. The stench is beyond belief, and this is coming from someone whose nasal sensitivity has been dulled by years of exposure to Beagle farts and bad breath.
    • TripleH
    • By TripleH 23rd Mar 19, 9:08 PM
    • 304 Posts
    • 198 Thanks
    TripleH
    Just last night I got home from work to find our middle cat making her way across the cupboard in the lounge gently pushing all the cuddly toys on top, off onto the floor.

She then settled down to lie on a cushion. Then realising I was watching, flicked a koala toy off the shelf, whilst looking at me with a "and?!?" look on her face.

She looks like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth but is the naughtiest of our three cats by far.
    Wherever you go, whatever you do Richard Marx is right there waiting for you.

Sweet dreams!
    • jjhdee
    • By jjhdee 7th Apr 19, 12:45 AM
    • 57 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    jjhdee
    Our late pet cat once presented me with worms and I was terribly afraid of them. No one was around but me so I was in a hurry to bring the worms outside the house while trying my best not to look at them.
    • MsPisces
    • By MsPisces 17th Apr 19, 11:31 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    MsPisces
    My cat often brings in mice, frogs or worms and puts them on my pillow but the worst was when he put a slug on my mouth while I was asleep (I woke pretty sharpish!) I guess he was complaining about my snoring.
    Originally posted by marrowgirl
    I'm so sorry that happened to you but thank you and your cat for the laugh that brought me at your expense!
    • Kevin5566
    • By Kevin5566 19th Apr 19, 10:46 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Kevin5566
    My cat peed on my shoes. I didn't know about that and tried to wear them in the morning. You can imagine how "happy" I was...
    • sal1960
    • By sal1960 20th Apr 19, 6:18 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    sal1960
    Labrador mayhem!
    Our lab dug up a foxs cache of food and ran up and down a public footpath shaking a huge, bloody rabbit about much to the horror of lots a parents and children out for a nice Sunday bike ride! She refused to come back and a think my cries of It was already dead when she found it! fell on rather stunned deaf ears.
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 23rd Apr 19, 10:49 AM
    • 2,143 Posts
    • 5,288 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    Not my cat, she belonged to one of my housemates at the time, about 15 years ago.

I was in the kitchen chopping up chicken to make a curry, at the time the cat was nowhere to be seen. In the 10 seconds or so it took to me turn away, walk over to the hob, light it and put oil in the pan, the cat had appeared from nowhere, jumped up on to the worktop and was gulping down the raw chicken. When I shouted at her she ran off, but not before grabbing the biggest remaining chunk to take with her.
    • SallyGreen
    • By SallyGreen 24th Apr 19, 4:08 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    SallyGreen
    My cat had ate my passport before honeymoon and I didn't go anywhere.
    • Tea spiller
    • By Tea spiller 6th May 19, 5:28 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    Tea spiller
    My Mr Dexter is a mischevious minx, he has destroyed my phones (landline & mobile), shoes & slipper many victims, chewed my watch strap & back kicked my laptop off bed but thankfully it escaped damage.
    • Blinkyspears21
    • By Blinkyspears21 28th May 19, 7:40 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Blinkyspears21
    I don't know if she did it intentionally but there was one time when we were walking, she jumped (or fell) and swam in a sewage filled with black stuff who knows what's in there. She was so smelly and so filthy. Our beagle is tricolor but after that incident, she was just black. Pure black. It took us days to get rid of the smell.
    • Bearothebear
    • By Bearothebear 29th May 19, 12:21 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Bearothebear
    Ive had my cat nearly two years and hes gone missing about a dozen times. I had to get a collar with our phone number on. Now I worry that hes gone missing if he fails to come home when expected, and I sometimes worry that hes dead and Ill never see him again. We havent dared stay away overnight since we got him, because he always looks for us when he comes in, and I worry that if he thinks weve gone hell go and find a new home (hes already testing his options around the neighbourhood). So I live in a constant state of anxiety.
    Thats worse than the live mouse he dropped on my lap,or the dead mouse on the sofa!
    • Maggie Bob
    • By Maggie Bob 29th May 19, 5:22 PM
    • 274 Posts
    • 1,072 Thanks
    Maggie Bob
    One of my cats (the boy one, and the constant source of trouble) dragged a sewing needle out of the pin cushion and ate it (thankfully spotted) - a rush to the emergency vets for removal before it perforated him internally. But of course, he did this two days before we were due to go away on holiday - so cancelled flights and cat-sitter also factored in
    In a better financial position than ever before (thank you MSE!). Moved back to Scotland and now trying to keep debt-free!
    • OkaMan
    • By OkaMan 29th May 19, 6:01 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    OkaMan
    I hope your cat is all right now. My cat recently ate clay. My daughter and her friend were playing and dropped the clay on the floor. The cat felt was very bad, we did not immediately understand why until we found the cause. But it is good that we quickly turned him to veterinary and cleaned his stomach.
    • z1a
    • By z1a 29th May 19, 6:10 PM
    • 2,379 Posts
    • 2,441 Thanks
    z1a
    Died .
    • AnnaBanana21
    • By AnnaBanana21 30th May 19, 1:24 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    AnnaBanana21
    The worst thing my pet has done
    My first pet was a male tabby cat that ruled the roost back in the 80s. He was into everything, climbing ladders, catching all sorts, once he caught a creature that he dropped in the garage, it was screaming in terror, I nervously put my hand in to a dark corner and rescued.... a baby rabbit, which happily hopped up the road, unharmed. He was a fantastic pet but one of the worst things he did was stealing the neighbours cooked chicken and somehow getting it over a 6 foot fence. They were not pleased and we never found the chicken!
    • Skiddaw1
    • By Skiddaw1 1st Jun 19, 5:25 PM
    • 281 Posts
    • 412 Thanks
    Skiddaw1
    Love these stories especially the chicken over the fence!

Once caught one of our cats dragging a string of sausages in through the cat flap. To this day I know not which of our neighbours found their BBQ had been somewhat compromised .
    • Silvertabby
    • By Silvertabby 1st Jun 19, 5:39 PM
    • 4,745 Posts
    • 7,573 Thanks
    Silvertabby
    One of mum and dad's older moggies was a terror for pinching. She hoicked a lamb chop out of the frying pan while it was still cooking, and licked all of the cream out of a cream merangue. Still don't know how she managed to do that without disturbing the merangue shells.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

883Posts Today

7,678Users online

Martin's Twitter