Comments

• spoorthy3210
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this!
  • twinklie
    twinklie Posts: 5,052 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I ended up being off on Wednesday (fortunately it was my short week at work so my last day to work). I’ve been struggling with a fever and severe sinus pain. But hoping to be well enough to work come Monday - I’d like to get organised before the holidays.

DH ended up missing his exams because he was ill too. But as usual I seem to have got a much worse bout of it. Unfortunately the kids have had loads of stuff on, appointments, Christmas stuff etc, so I haven’t rested as much as I would have liked too. However, if I still feel this bad next week I’m going to have to go to the doctors to try and get something to help. I don’t want to feel like this over Christmas.

On a positive note, sales are up to £120 this month now of our unwanted items. So that’s been good. And we are getting some council tax back from the rental which should then pay the council tax for this house.

Still need to sort some of the bills but hey, we are getting there. I need to cut myself a break. I think I’m just burnt out. As I’m going to have the kids solo most of the Christmas holidays I really need to sort myself out as a priority rather than focus on any of the external stuff. That said I would still like to make some baby steps of progress...just to give my spirit a boost. It’s just deciding when/how/what.
    Reduction in daily mortgage interest since October 23 - £0.31 (started new mortgage)
    % of house owned/% of mortgage paid off. December 23 - 32.30%/24.54%
    MFiT-T6 #5
    MFW 2024 #6
    MF Date: Oct 37 May 37
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    It's all too easy to put oneself at the bottom of the priority pile isn't it? But you are right, you must cut yourself some slack otherwise you will head into the new year as exhausted as you are now.....
  • twinklie
    edited 3 January 2019 at 7:32PM
    Options
    So I ended up off work for a full week...and with antibiotics for my sinus infection. Went back for two days which was a mistake and then ended up ill over Christmas. I’m finally starting to feel more myself.

Fortunately being an autistic household we have a very low key Christmas because the boys get a bit overwhelmed by it all, well by December really. So at least I don’t really feel like I missed out on anything. And the kids had a good time and love their presents (mainly train related).

The house as a result though looks like a complete state which is going to be my current focus! I hate seeing my beautiful house as a mess.

Also need to do some serious spending:
    - new bed for DS1. Going for a midsleeper with a space we can turn into a sensory den underneath. Bought
    - new 4 slice toaster (ours died). Bought (with kettle)
    - new self propelled lawnmower (we don’t actually have one but now have quite a substantial garden). Bought

Managed to sell a couple more things bringing the monthly total to approx £170 and even more importantly clear some more clutter! Although we did miss bin day so will struggle with any rubbish for the next 2 weeks. Doh!
    Reduction in daily mortgage interest since October 23 - £0.31 (started new mortgage)
    MFiT-T6 #5
    MFW 2024 #6
  • the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better.
    CRx
  • Downshifterella
    Options
    Glad you feel better twinkle! Remember your diary from when I first came to MSE years ago !
    Sounds like a low ketly train related Christmas was perfect! :)

Hope you are all on the mend for New Year's x
    MF planning for the simple life :beer::j
  • twinklie
    Options
    Glad you feel better twinkle! Remember your diary from when I first came to MSE years ago !
    Sounds like a low ketly train related Christmas was perfect! :)

Hope you are all on the mend for New Year's x

Brilliant, you’ll be used to all the drivel I go on about then! Life got a bit in there way for me for a time...but I’m back and determined! :D
    MFiT-T6 #5
    MFW 2024 #6
  • twinklie
    Options
    So I've made a new spending diary to try and keep me on the straight and narrow and to track overspends. I've also started a new DFW diary on the DF board to try and help me get those paid off ASAP. I've updated my signature accordingly.

It's been a bit of a spendy day however, bought the kettle and toaster (pick up on Saturday), took boys for haircuts AND had to buy DS2 new shoes because his feet have grown! :eek: Whilst we were out the boys decided they were hungry so had to shell out 6 quid on snacks/drinks in a caf! which annoyed me slightly (but it was cold and I had made them walk a fair bit). Still tomorrow should be financially much quieter - taking the boys on a teddy bears picnic. :j
    MFiT-T6 #5
    MFW 2024 #6
  • twinklie
    Options
    Signature is updated with latest figures.

Daily interest is down to £16.28, so heading in the right direction.
    We've paid off 1% of the initial mortgage amount now too so that's made me feel quite positive. It's exciting watching the figures change every month.

Have kept on top of the spending spreadsheet an noticed some of our spends have got a little out of control in certain areas (food mainly). But we still ended up over 200 up for the month so I can't/won't complain too much.

Debts are coming down too, so if I can avoid adding to them then I will be a happy girl.

My sanity is about to be tested though, the eldest has discovered minecraft and is now all he talks about. :rotfl:
    MFiT-T6 #5
    MFW 2024 #6
  • twinklie
    Options
    Paid £2,390 off the actual capital of the mortgage since November which I’m impressed with. Baby steps.
    MFiT-T6 #5
    MFW 2024 #6
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills