Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Itbw4
    • By Itbw4 11th Sep 18, 7:05 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Itbw4
    Morrisons More Points Theft
    • 11th Sep 18, 7:05 PM
    Morrisons More Points Theft 11th Sep 18 at 7:05 PM
    First time posting so apologies if I break any protocols...

This is mainly a warning to any users of the Morrisons More scheme.

The background is that I'm a frequent shopper and as such accumulate a fair few points. Instead of receiving the £5 voucher as soon as I hit the 5000 points I have my preferences set to save the vouchers until I request them. I do this as a way of taking care of the big Christmas shop.

Anyway I visited my usual store and noticed my points balance had dropped from 30k+ to roughly 400. I have been in touch with Morrisons and they advise me that the option to release the vouchers was actioned on 06/09/18 on my online account. The same day the vouchers were successfully printed using 'my card' in a store 80 miles from my home address (a store and town I've never been to!) to top things off the vouchers were cashed in later that same day.

Firstly I know that I didn't action the vouchers, nor did I visit the store in question. I've received mixed responses from Morrisons. First being non belief and the second being belief but with a hint of doubt.

Secondly I still have the physical card, it's usually scanned rather than swiped so any scammer could easily duplicate it at a self scan terminal. I can also prove that I wasn't at the store and have told Morrisons to check their CCTV!

They're currently investigating how it happened, but I'm without £30 worth of vouchers and with a potentially compromised card, let alone my personal details from their site. Coincidentally they sent me an email today encouraging me to change my password due to recent security breaches!

If you use the scheme in the same way that I do please check your points balance and/or change your account password!
Page 2
    • 2004nsnazir
    • By 2004nsnazir 18th Dec 18, 12:35 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    2004nsnazir
    In my local I have seen the cashier not give my £5 more voucher. from a far I saw her put it in her pocket after a few minutes when there was no customers. How do I go about reporting this. I would want to remain anonymous as its my local store and I cant shop anywhere else.
    Im not too fussed with it being £5 but someone out there may be in need of them.
    • SpanishBlue
    • By SpanishBlue 19th Dec 18, 5:17 PM
    • 268 Posts
    • 143 Thanks
    SpanishBlue
    In my local I have seen the cashier not give my £5 more voucher. from a far I saw her put it in her pocket after a few minutes when there was no customers. How do I go about reporting this. I would want to remain anonymous as its my local store and I cant shop anywhere else.
    Im not too fussed with it being £5 but someone out there may be in need of them.
    Originally posted by 2004nsnazir

I would report it to the store manager.

I've just checked my points - for several minutes it showed my balance was zero. A few minutes later it showed the correct balance of just over 6,000 but failed to display any of my many recent transactions since October.

Like the OP, I have had to chase up bonus points not being added in the past.

It sounds like their computer is having another hissy fit yet again.
    • Lkbrooks
    • By Lkbrooks 28th Jan 19, 1:09 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lkbrooks
    Morrisons more points theft
    I have notice 80,000 points had been taken from my Morrisons more card a couple of weeks ago. I contacted Morrisons via email stating the fact only to receive a reply stating that I'd purchased 2 gift cards. This I'd not done. Telephoned them and got it sorted straight away. Having to receive a new card. Changed password also. The gift cards were purchased over 100 miles away from my home town. This I was told on the telephone which should have be checked when I'd emailed them, they won't of have noticed that it wasn't me. Disappointed that I had to ring regarding this but grateful that it is sorted and that I've now got my points back which I've earned. Please check your points total every time. Keep an eye on them in case it happens to you.
    • sammysausage
    • By sammysausage 13th May 19, 6:09 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sammysausage
    This is STILL happening
    I have just had £60 worth of points stolen. Account history shows that the points were credited to a phone and cashed in for goods. My Nokia 100 cannot have received this voucher! This happened on the same day that I visited my usual local store. The offshore operator on Morrisons 1st line helpdesk said to check for my email address on youvebeenpawned.com and that I should report it to ActionFraud and that there is nothing that Morrisons can do. He also stated that they were getting alot of these calls. I insisted on speaking to a manager/supervisor and was put through to someone in the UK who investigated properly and is going to call me back. I will post an update here if I get any further useful information.
    • no1catman
    • By no1catman 13th May 19, 9:51 PM
    • 2,897 Posts
    • 2,151 Thanks
    no1catman
    I've got about £60 worth of nectar points, but with Tesco & Morrisons I save the vouchers, and keep them in date order. I think with Morrison I've got about seventeen £5.00 coupons.

I wouldn't trust using my smart-phone for it - too vulnerable to interception of wifi. I use wired PC for my internet transactions.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
    • Gary9960
    • By Gary9960 23rd Jun 19, 5:33 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Gary9960
    More points stolen
    My More account was hacked and the thieves stole £65 from my account I had been saving the points for Xmas as money is very tight. It took customer services over 3 weeks to respond to my anxious e mails and then they said yes the money was stolen, nothing to do with us and you will not be reimbursed. Warning do not use their MORE card. Appalling I will never again spend my money there
    • z1a
    • By z1a 24th Jun 19, 9:40 PM
    • 2,379 Posts
    • 2,441 Thanks
    z1a
    I've used the card since it came out with no problems. Why didn't you just collect the vouchers and save them 'til xmas?
    • no1catman
    • By no1catman 25th Jun 19, 2:20 PM
    • 2,897 Posts
    • 2,151 Thanks
    no1catman
    Gary9960 - have you got your Morrisons card on your iPhone? There's your weak link, I suspect someone else has hijacked your link.

I have a regular turnover of vouchers, probably at the moment - seventeen with conditional spend coupons for the next month.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
    • Joolsem
    • By Joolsem 1st Jul 19, 3:07 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Joolsem
    21st May 2019 I had £30 of more points stolen. My vouchers were spent in Ft.William which is round trip of over 1000 miles from where I live. I only had the app for a short while, as I didn't like it much. I also had Tesco's clubcard app which at the time had same email & passw
    • Joolsem
    • By Joolsem 1st Jul 19, 3:17 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Joolsem
    Can't seem to edit post sorry! Anyway my clubcard points had not been touched and if I had been hacked surely they would have wiped them out too? What really upset me was that fact that I still had over 5000 points not stolen on my card and they would not transfer them to a new card. I only tried the app because they keep asking you to. I saved my vouchers online because I thought they were safe and it stopped me from dipping into them when we have a tight week. I think this all stinks and as others of you have said I will never shop in Morrisons again!!
    • Gary9960
    • By Gary9960 1st Jul 19, 6:08 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Gary9960
    I had been saving up my points on the More card for over a year. My account was hacked and £65 was stolen. Morrisons took weeks to respond to anxious calls and e mails. Then they said my e mail account had been hacked so nothing to do with them and the money was lost. I pointed out even if my e mails were hacked the More card had a seperate log in password etc so how did they get into this? They just ignored me. I am disabled and this is a lot of money to me but they could not care less. The good news is the Express are going to do a feature on this to warn other people. I will never set foot in Morrisons again
    • z1a
    • By z1a 1st Jul 19, 7:19 PM
    • 2,379 Posts
    • 2,441 Thanks
    z1a
    I had been saving up my points on the More card for over a year. My account was hacked and £65 was stolen. Morrisons took weeks to respond to anxious calls and e mails. Then they said my e mail account had been hacked so nothing to do with them and the money was lost. I pointed out even if my e mails were hacked the More card had a seperate log in password etc so how did they get into this? They just ignored me. I am disabled and this is a lot of money to me but they could not care less. The good news is the Express are going to do a feature on this to warn other people. I will never set foot in Morrisons again
    Originally posted by Gary9960
    If you've only amassed £65 of points in over a year I don't think Morrisons will be too worried about you not shopping there again.
    • Rainbowgirl84
    • By Rainbowgirl84 1st Jul 19, 9:59 PM
    • 1,078 Posts
    • 1,842 Thanks
    Rainbowgirl84
    If you've only amassed £65 of points in over a year I don't think Morrisons will be too worried about you not shopping there again.
    Originally posted by z1a
    How much do you think you need to spend in Morrisons to earn £65 of points?
    • z1a
    • By z1a 1st Jul 19, 10:24 PM
    • 2,379 Posts
    • 2,441 Thanks
    z1a
    How much do you think you need to spend in Morrisons to earn £65 of points?
    Originally posted by Rainbowgirl84
    Well I spend about £100 - £120 / week, and up to now from January I've had over £200 in points.

To get £65 in normal points you need to spend £1300, but there are almost weekly promotions for extra points with a minimum spend, or double/treble points. So probably a spend of about £1000 to get £65.
    Last edited by z1a; 01-07-2019 at 10:29 PM.
    • Rainbowgirl84
    • By Rainbowgirl84 1st Jul 19, 11:24 PM
    • 1,078 Posts
    • 1,842 Thanks
    Rainbowgirl84
    Well I spend about £100 - £120 / week, and up to now from January I've had over £200 in points.

To get £65 in normal points you need to spend £1300, but there are almost weekly promotions for extra points with a minimum spend, or double/treble points. So probably a spend of about £1000 to get £65.
    Originally posted by z1a
    Normally it's 5 points for every £1 spent. 5000 points (1k spend) gets you £5. So it's a £13,000 spend for £65 is it not without any promotions?
    • Gary9960
    • By Gary9960 2nd Jul 19, 7:13 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Gary9960
    If i had known I would have collected the vouchers but how was I to know their system was vulnerable?. Anyway they gave me the same line they gave others on this site but the difference is they refuse to refund the lost money. I am taking them to the small claims court. they went out of their way to be unhelpful I suspect they are getting to many cases like this. As for you having no problems lucky you but we are all vulnerable to such crimes. I wouldn't dream of standing at a road and saying I never got knocked down!!!!
    • Gary9960
    • By Gary9960 2nd Jul 19, 7:15 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Gary9960
    £1300 is not nothing!!!!!!
    • Gary9960
    • By Gary9960 3rd Jul 19, 4:04 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Gary9960
    Hi Yes i do have the link on my iphone. Will delete it now as will never use it again Thanks for the warning
    • Gary9960
    • By Gary9960 3rd Jul 19, 4:10 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Gary9960
    Hi joolsem
    That is wierd as my points were also used in Fort William and I live in Edinburgh. I think Morissons are trying to hide something as they were very reluctant to tell me this and it only came out after numerous e mails back and forth. They still deny it is their issue and refuse to refund my points. I am so angry I have issued a citation on them from the small claims court It costs £19 but it is more about the principle of the thing now. They have been as unhelpful as possible. I suspect they are hardening their attitude due to lots of thefts and have decided not to refund people from now (Unlike some earlier cases) I wonder if anyone else has had points used in Fort William. Surely Morissons must be aware of this???
    • Gary9960
    • By Gary9960 4th Jul 19, 5:32 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Gary9960
    An update for those who have had money stolen from their More card Morrison’s are claiming our accounts were hacked so nothing to do with them As proof they send a link "have i been pwned" and when you put you e mail in it tells you you have been pwned then this site encourages you to buy a secure password. Oh no you think I have been hacked. The only trouble is put in any e mail address ( I tried 10 of my friends) and it tells me all of them have been pwned. I got suspicious so put in Morrison’s customer service e mail and guess what they have been pwned. Obviously a site trying to sell their stuff. My question to Morrison’s Do you believe this site is legit? If so then you have been hacked If you don’t then why are you using it to blame customers rather than taking responsibility? We will see what the Courts think? Get out if that one
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

193Posts Today

3,533Users online

Martin's Twitter