Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LB?
    • By LB? 3rd Sep 18, 3:11 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 8Thanks
    LB?
    Elster A100C failure - Advice & Clarification Please
    • 3rd Sep 18, 3:11 PM
    Elster A100C failure - Advice & Clarification Please 3rd Sep 18 at 3:11 PM
    Hi, My Elster generation meter is currently "frozen" - displaying a reading that is from a few weeks ago. The Inverter is working, and I've tried a full restart of the system (isolate everything, turn it all off, then on and de-isolate) but the meter is still showing the same reading. The red light is flashing periodically too (which I believe indicates power going through?).

The meter will probably need to be replaced, so I've spoken briefly to my FIT supplier (Eon) and they say I need to send a photo of the old meter then the new meter when it is replaced.

Now for some advise Please
    I've made an assumption that it would need to be fitted by an accredited solar installer, but haven't verified this (anyone know for certain) - There appears to be very few Solar PV installers in my local area now (Worcestershire) and the one I've spoken to starts off with a 100 call out charge, so would my usual electrician be acceptable. I know I can probably get this info from Eon but it can take some time to get through then get a definitive answer. Also, I'm guessing someone else on here has had a similar situation and may know other pitfalls or nuggets of info.

Many Thanks in Advance
Page 1
    • Merlin139
    • By Merlin139 3rd Sep 18, 3:32 PM
    • 5,597 Posts
    • 21,563 Thanks
    Merlin139
    • 3rd Sep 18, 3:32 PM
    • 3rd Sep 18, 3:32 PM
    Send this guy a PM.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/member.php?u=646547

He is an Eon Company Rep.

Or amend your thread to include Help needed from EON.
    3.975 kWp PV SolarEdge System South Facing 10% Shading Installed 21 May 2014 Located in Mid East Yorkshire.
    • LB?
    • By LB? 4th Sep 18, 7:13 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    LB?
    • 4th Sep 18, 7:13 AM
    • 4th Sep 18, 7:13 AM
    Thanks Merlin139 - I'm sure talking to him will remove any confusion!

Much appreciated
    • Robbo007
    • By Robbo007 2nd Apr 19, 6:12 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Robbo007
    • 2nd Apr 19, 6:12 PM
    A100C frozen then resets
    • 2nd Apr 19, 6:12 PM
    Hope this helps for a potential fix if you have some electrical knowledge in soldering and mains. I have a solar PV system with an elster A100C meter. Alas noticed my FIT quarter amount very low, then noticed my meter LED did flash, then went solid and reset (as if a diagnostic reset) - the value is frozen - producing electricity for the grid etc so not a panels / inverter fault. I also noticed when it did display the frozen kW / h value, it dimmed when the LED flashed. This led me to think its an onboard power problem (used to save the value over night) - there is a miniature battery on the PCB - my assumption was that this is not being charged. One thing with solder / PCBs / heat etc is that you get dry joints. So, I isolated my system (should be an isolator right near the meter) - tested it had no supply (0V AC), disconnect the live x2 and neutral x2 from the meter and disassembled the case (not easy so be warned). I inspected the board and noticed dry joints around the large grey resistor and IN labelled soldered wire (sense line from the main terminal) and soldered accordingly. I also resoldered some other areas. Re-assembled and now the count is increasing so assume the onboard power supply is charging up and functioning OK (no reset on low voltage). Please dont attempt unless you know what you are doing. Failing this you can get a new meter for around 35 but have the pain of paying someone to install and paper work for your FIT provider plus MID statement. Hope this helps. Robbo.
    • marchayler
    • By marchayler 20th Oct 19, 10:29 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    marchayler
    • 20th Oct 19, 10:29 AM
    How to?
    • 20th Oct 19, 10:29 AM
    Have same problem with my meter, but how on earth did you get the case apart ? Doesn't seem to be anyway in that I can see without breaking it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,013Posts Today

7,453Users online

Martin's Twitter