Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • zolablue25
    • By zolablue25 25th Apr 18, 9:28 AM
    • 1,625Posts
    • 473Thanks
    zolablue25
    Martin Lewis "advert"
    • 25th Apr 18, 9:28 AM
    Martin Lewis "advert" 25th Apr 18 at 9:28 AM
    Given Martin's recent statements about "Not doing adverts" I wondered whether this thing that I stumbled upon this morning was genuine or whether they were taking our lord and master's name in vain?
    https://finance-expert247.com/uk/mirror-martin-lewis-lends-a-hand-to-british-families
Page 1
    • davetrousers
    • By davetrousers 25th Apr 18, 9:30 AM
    • 5,639 Posts
    • 4,881 Thanks
    davetrousers
    • 25th Apr 18, 9:30 AM
    • 25th Apr 18, 9:30 AM
    What makes you question if it might be genuine after he says he doesn't do adverts?

It is clearly fraudulent. Listen to the common sense in your head!
    Last edited by davetrousers; 25-04-2018 at 9:33 AM.

• zolablue25
    • By zolablue25 25th Apr 18, 10:23 AM
    • 1,625 Posts
    • 473 Thanks
    zolablue25
    • 25th Apr 18, 10:23 AM
    • 25th Apr 18, 10:23 AM
    Well, thanks Davetrousers, that's me well and truly told.

I put it on here in the hope that someone would get word to Martin that the site should be taken down. I worded the post as a question as, funnily enough, I don't have detailed information on what interviews Martin gives on a daily basis. I did think it highly suspicious as I couldn't imaging Martin endorsing something as inherently risky as Bitcoin trading but thought it was worth actually ascertaining the facts before calling foul.

As you have now clarified that he didn't do this interview perhaps the mods can get the informaton to Martin that, indeed, his name is being used without his permission.

Whether it was genuine or not I wouldn't have followed up on the article as I'm not that mental.
    • Jenna Appleseed
    • By Jenna Appleseed 30th Apr 18, 6:53 PM
    • 2,201 Posts
    • 7,882 Thanks
    Jenna Appleseed
    • 30th Apr 18, 6:53 PM
    • 30th Apr 18, 6:53 PM
    As I understand it from everything officially posted on this site so far :

This* article is one of the fake advert sites Martin already knows about, has already written blogs on this very site complaining and campaigning against - it's got nothing to do with Martin Lewis, it's not a genuine news story from the Daily Mirror either, it's not even actually the Mirror online website - it's a fake website containing a fake article, full of fake information and stolen photos. It's not even actually about Bitcoin either (it's really, really a binary trading scam/con "scheme" but they pretend' i.e lie that it's Bitcoin to cash in on all the hype now Bitcoin's trendy).

The whole page and everything on it is created to con people out of their money by lying spammy scammers who scam.

(* finance-expert247 's fake webpage 'claiming' to be The Mirror Online publishing a news article about Martin Lewis endorsing Bitcoin - everything after the words "'claiming' to be " is their lies. ).
    Last edited by Jenna Appleseed; 30-04-2018 at 7:00 PM.
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,122Posts Today

9,843Users online

Martin's Twitter