Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kimbersshells
    • By Kimbersshells 30th Jan 18, 9:51 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Kimbersshells
    Allay claims PPI
    • 30th Jan 18, 9:51 AM
    Allay claims PPI 30th Jan 18 at 9:51 AM
    My mum was contacted by phone by Allay claims about PPI. She has previously had an IVA so I am assuming they have gained her details from that. They offered to try to reclaim PPI for her on a no win no fee basis but their fee is 36%. She didn't really know what she was doing and let them go ahead. Now their fee is £4500. is there anything we can do to get this reduced. I do feel like they pushed her into something she didn't have a clue about.
Page 3
    • AndyThilo
    • By AndyThilo 20th Oct 19, 10:19 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AndyThilo
    So here's my dealings with Allay.

I filled out their website form and thought nothing of it. To my knowledge I've always avoided PPI. They hounded me via text and phone calls for months. I've never answered any or spoken to them. I've never signed anything either. I have had some letters from Lloyds saying they have received a claim and and looking into it.

However yesterday I get an email claiming i've been successful, amount of £2,300 with an invoice for their charges. I then get a letter from Lloyds confirming this and saying I'll get the money via direct debit in 28 days.

So I have won a claim, but do I have to pay Allay? having never signed a thing from them.
    • brettcta
    • By brettcta 20th Oct 19, 11:59 AM
    • 3,723 Posts
    • 3,557 Thanks
    brettcta
    More than likely, yes. Lloyd’s will have received a signed letter of authority from allay containing your scribble. Sometimes this might be from their initial contact forms giving them authorisation as they contain a clause stating that you’re also giving them permission to escalate to a complaint for you if the bank returns a ‘Yes PPI’ result.

You can complain though and escalate to FOS when they reject your complaint. They tend to take a dim view of these things, however don’t expect anything and you won’t be disappointed
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
    • AndyThilo
    • By AndyThilo 20th Oct 19, 12:36 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AndyThilo
    I've emailed them asking for them to send me a signed copy of the contract. TBH I don't paying them, I'll get £1500 I never would have had. But, if they've forged my signature then that's different. Might phone Lloyds as well to ask to see the letter of authority.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,135Posts Today

9,327Users online

Martin's Twitter