Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JadeySams
    • By JadeySams 18th Jul 17, 3:01 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 296Thanks
    JadeySams
    When can you post links?
    • 18th Jul 17, 3:01 PM
    When can you post links? 18th Jul 17 at 3:01 PM
    Just wondering how long it takes before a new member can share links in their posts?

I am trying to contribute a little with some competitions but feel a bit of a pain not providing links for everyone.
Page 2
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 30th Aug 19, 10:28 AM
    • 14,146 Posts
    • 43,711 Thanks
    sarah1972
    I sort of understand why they block newbies from posting links but I've already commented over 20 times on other post how long will I have to wait for. Once ya posted or commented like 5 times you should be able to post links
    Originally posted by UncleFeushy

There is no specific number of posts, its how long you have been a member along with posting numbers.

By posting over 20 posts in a matter of hours doesnt help your cause.

You can post links by putting spaces in it and another member will put the click up for you,

ie. w w w . money saving expert . com
    Last edited by sarah1972; 30-08-2019 at 10:32 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • thingamaBob
    • By thingamaBob 30th Aug 19, 10:41 AM
    • 18,057 Posts
    • 1,031,365 Thanks
    thingamaBob
    I sort of understand why they block newbies from posting links but I've already commented over 20 times on other post how long will I have to wait for. Once ya posted or commented like 5 times you should be able to post links
    Originally posted by UncleFeushy
    You can't have posted "over 20 times" when your post count only shows as 10.

ETA: Your post count has now dropped to 8 so it seems some of your posts are not liked by MSE and are being removed.
    Last edited by thingamaBob; 30-08-2019 at 12:15 PM.
    Bob
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
    Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Omar Khayyam
    • JohnHenry
    • By JohnHenry 8th Oct 19, 12:43 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 234 Thanks
    JohnHenry
    Haha, tried to Google the answer and this thread was the top result.
    • Christine Bacon
    • By Christine Bacon 15th Oct 19, 4:27 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    Christine Bacon
    Ahh this makes sense now. I am also a knew user and didn't know how it worked. To be honest i think it's a good thing as it will rat out the spammers! Happy posting guys
    • _shel
    • By _shel 28th Oct 19, 7:47 AM
    • 2,417 Posts
    • 4,461 Thanks
    _shel
    I'm still trying to figure out. One of the threads I found a guy asking for something that i sell and I cant share my link with him on the forum. Tons of people on the thread want those products and I cant DM each one separately
    Originally posted by Ain
    Good because you are not allowed to buy and sell or promote your business here
    • Trainalot
    • By Trainalot 6th Nov 19, 6:19 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Trainalot
    The problem is it isn't clear how to post something - you post something with a link or just a web address that is not a link and it gets rejected. So you know you have to edit it, but how?

It would help to just automatically turn web addresses and links into plain text in newbie accounts, then the post would appear but would not have clickable links in it.
    • _shel
    • By _shel 6th Nov 19, 6:50 AM
    • 2,417 Posts
    • 4,461 Thanks
    _shel
    The problem is it isn't clear how to post something - you post something with a link or just a web address that is not a link and it gets rejected. So you know you have to edit it, but how?

It would help to just automatically turn web addresses and links into plain text in newbie accounts, then the post would appear but would not have clickable links in it.
    Originally posted by Trainalot
    Just edit the post and remove the link.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,907Posts Today

7,163Users online

Martin's Twitter