Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Emmaharris
    • By Emmaharris 20th Jun 17, 3:23 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Emmaharris
    Flight claims company sending threatening letters
    • 20th Jun 17, 3:23 PM
    Flight claims company sending threatening letters 20th Jun 17 at 3:23 PM
    Hi,
    Hoping I've posted this in the right place, if not, apologies.
    Bit of a complicated one. On return of a holiday to Costa Rica with Thompson we were told we were entitled to claim for a delay. Unfortunately although my stepmum was told to wait until we did it for her she went online and added all flight details to an online claims company she came across. ( Flight delay claims team. Based in Northants )
    She filled in most info then they asked her to fill in a power of attorney form and she decided not to carry on online. She received an email saying thanks for signing up with us and called them a couple of weeks later to say she didn't want to go ahead as it was being dealt with by my brother. On the phone they said that was ok and that would be the end of it. Fast forward to recent weeks and she is recieving letters saying she owes them nearly 1600 for ignored reminders, the work they did processing the claim etc. The are adding interest daily and adding charges for random stuff and I have no idea what to do next. They won't discuss over the phone and say they don't take phone calls. Have emailed and they are pretty much saying tough luck pay up.
    She hasn't heard anything from Thompson regarding the compensation but the two other people that claimed together officially with Thompson have had their money back already. ( no one knew she'd put any details in online as we all did ours with resolver )
    It's all a mess and we have no clue how to sort it!
    Any help or advice would be great.
    Thank you.
Page 31
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 25th Sep 19, 9:42 PM
    • 1,132 Posts
    • 478 Thanks
    legal magpie
    In the mean time all you must do is make sure that you reply to every letter you get from them, making it clear that you only made an enquiry and never signed up to anything. Also that you are aware that they have done this to loads of other consumers, that they have lost time and time again in Court and are actively being investigated by Trading Standards Department. Don't ignore anything.
    • THE.TRAVELLER
    • By THE.TRAVELLER 26th Sep 19, 2:46 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    THE.TRAVELLER
    Thank you. I have today replied to their invoice by recorded delivery stating that it was an initial enquiry only and I did not submit full details. I merely wanted to know if I did have a claim and maybe for how much.
    In the end I didn't get any compensation. They actually did nothing at all for me.
    I have stated that I dispute the invoice and will not under any circumstance be paying and im quite happy to let a judge decide.
    Also that they did not send me cancellation details as the law requires.
    I want to know however, can the fact that many judges are ruling against them be mentioned in the court as surely this would help.

I will let you all know how I get on...
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 26th Sep 19, 3:22 PM
    • 1,132 Posts
    • 478 Thanks
    legal magpie
    I want to know however, can the fact that many judges are ruling against them be mentioned in the court as surely this would help.

I will let you all know how I get on...
    Originally posted by THE.TRAVELLER
    Yes, you can mention it.
    • THE.TRAVELLER
    • By THE.TRAVELLER 27th Sep 19, 1:05 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    THE.TRAVELLER
    Just an update.....I have today reported this Company to Action Fraud.
    Maybe if others do the same it will help. It just takes a few minutes online....
    Thank you
    • Aneisha13
    • By Aneisha13 28th Sep 19, 2:25 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Aneisha13
    Fdct
    Look online for investigation on them, highlighting points etc and send it all to the court. I even copied reviews from others. Tell your story
    • THE.TRAVELLER
    • By THE.TRAVELLER 1st Oct 19, 4:21 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    THE.TRAVELLER
    My next move is to report to the Financial Onbudsman.
    I have zero tolerance to money extortion and will welcome a judge deciding on this case.
    Especially when i present my evidence of how this company operates.
    Ive got some great print outs from this and other forums.
    I will also be contacting the press and watchdog on television.
    • THE.TRAVELLER
    • By THE.TRAVELLER 1st Oct 19, 4:23 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    THE.TRAVELLER
    The top and bottom is this....
    Big banner on website...NO RISK....NO WIN....NO FEE...
    mine was only an enquiry to see if ii was entitled to some compensation.
    They did absolutely Zero Nothing for me...NOTHING
    The Ryan Family want closing down asap
    • rum_st
    • By rum_st 4th Oct 19, 12:43 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rum_st
    Rumyana Stoyanova
    Hi,
    I am another victim of FDCT.
    I only made an enquiry on behalf of my daughter and today I received an invoice for 532 - recorded delivery.
    I contacted Northampton Trading standards and I completed the questionnaire they sent.
    If you have an experience please give me an advice what to expect and how to fight them.
    Your help will be much appreciated!
    Thank you very much!
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 4th Oct 19, 8:28 AM
    • 1,132 Posts
    • 478 Thanks
    legal magpie
    See my post 601 and plenty of others in this thread
    • THE.TRAVELLER
    • By THE.TRAVELLER 4th Oct 19, 6:20 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    THE.TRAVELLER
    Hi, as you can see from my posts above yours, i am also a victim.
    My bill has now risen from just over 300 to in the 500's now.
    I always reply by letter telling them i dispute the charge and i am quite prepared to let a judge decide.
    Please dont give in and pay them. Plenty of people have beat them, especially when the judge knows their track record.
    I am printing out lots of posts off various threads to support my case.
    Mine was just an enquiry also, then the bills started to arruve. They didnt get me any compensation and they dont even know why my flight was delayed.
    The only times they have won cases is where the victim ignores court letters and fails to turn up.
    I have yet to hear of a case where they have won in court when the victim has turned up.
    Also, if you defend the court case it will be transfered to your local court.
    Please keep us informed. We all help each other on here. The sooner they are prosecuted themeselves the better...
    Stay strong....
    • rum_st
    • By rum_st 6th Oct 19, 10:22 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rum_st
    Hi again good people,
    My concern is that i have submitted the enquiry on behalf of my daughter and the signature at the bottom of the form is mine. All invoices are issued to her and if there is a court case it will be against her. She is not living in the UK because she is studying abroad and she will not be able to represent herself. Does anybody know if I could go to the court on her behalf if necessary? Thank you
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 6th Oct 19, 11:52 AM
    • 1,132 Posts
    • 478 Thanks
    legal magpie
    No you can't represent her. She now needs to write to the company explaining everything that you have already told them including that she did not complete anything herself and that she lives abroad.
    • Helppp
    • By Helppp 13th Oct 19, 11:58 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Helppp
    Hey guys ..

Just wanted to firstly thank evryone for their help. I wanted to let you all know that i didnt give up and WON!

I had a three hour trial which lasted two hours. The ryan family didnt turn up however they sent a legal rep. I prepared my defence and went in .. scared but confident a fair outcome would be achieved. We spent about 40mins at the start when the judge was trying to establish if this company is registered. The outcome to this was they are called e.asthampton claims team but trade as FDCT. The defence they provided was under FDCT but their offical name was e.asthampton claims team .. the judge ordered they change their name and trade as their registered name to ensure they are not misleading customers.

Secondly .. their rep began by dealing with a primiliminary issue .. the invoice. THE JUDGE WAS AMAZING! She went through each point in the i voice then matched it with their contract and long story short .. the charges they tried holding me for made zero sence and their own contract couldnt back up their costings so the case was thrown out. Also as the claimant (Joe Rayn) didnt turn up .. i Couldnt dispute and ask questions about their defence as he wasnt there whicu obviosuly didnt work in their favour.

Thank god its the end .. i won .. we won. I WILL be informing trading standards and id happily offer any assistance where possible.

All i would say is .. persist.. dont be scared ... ask us any questions .. make sure you respond to the court on time.. and tell your story .

Feel free to ask for any help where possible. The judge also said they can not contact me in reagrds to this matter going foward.. if they do.. they could be in serious trouble.
    • THE.TRAVELLER
    • By THE.TRAVELLER 14th Oct 19, 8:46 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    THE.TRAVELLER
    Well done...absolutely well done.
    I am also expecting court papers.
    Can i ask you, did you think you were just submitting an enquiry?
    What was your defence?
    Did you mention the hundreds of other people who had been misled.
    Did you mention trading standards investigation?
    If its ok i may ask you a few more questions when compiling my defence.
    Anyway, once again....well done. It guves us all hope
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 14th Oct 19, 9:28 AM
    • 1,852 Posts
    • 609 Thanks
    Justice13075
    What the hell are Northampton Trading Standards doing about this company. They have had months to deal with them.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 14th Oct 19, 9:38 AM
    • 4,813 Posts
    • 1,303 Thanks
    JPears
    The sad thing is that this scam has been going on for at least 2 years - original post was June 2017.
    And yet this company continues to take money off people by threats and bullying.
    Perhaps somebody already in touch with Northampton TS could ask them for an update?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • THE.TRAVELLER
    • By THE.TRAVELLER 14th Oct 19, 2:48 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    THE.TRAVELLER
    Its now registered as a crime
    Just an update....As you can see from my earlier posts I am also a victim.
    I registered FDCT as fraud and deception on 'ACTION FRAUD'.
    just had the police here and it has officially been recorded as a crime and I have now got a crime number.
    • Yonny
    • By Yonny 21st Oct 19, 6:18 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Yonny
    Action Fraud-Reported!
    Same here, reported to the Police. Very easy to do and It will help us if we need to go to court.

Let's help them bring those scammers down.

From their Twitter account: 'Between April & August 2019, our Disruptions team took down 124 websites linked to 668 Action Fraud reports. Every report submitted helps to build a clearer picture of fraud and cyber crime, making the UK a more hostile place for criminals to operate in.'
    Last edited by Yonny; 21-10-2019 at 6:23 PM.
    • dogforsale
    • By dogforsale 22nd Oct 19, 12:08 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dogforsale
    Currently Engaged With FDCT
    Hi All,
    I mistakenly visited the FDCT after a delayed flight in june. Initially having suspected no ill doing i answered any questions FDCT directed to me regarding my claim. After some time i had heard nothing so i decided to call FDCT who told me that they had passed my case onto a solicitor and were awaiting legal action against the airline. after another few weeks i had heard nothing and googled out of concern and found this website which straight away put me on the back foot. i am now concerned and i was wondering if anyone could advise on the best way forward at this stage as i have not received a bill and today i received an email stating the same as the phone call months ago?
    Do i ignore emails?
    Do i ask for proof of work done?
    Do i respond saying i no longer wish to proceed as i am aware of the issues in this forum?

I am really worried about what course this may take it is the stupidest thing i have done trusting this website.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 22nd Oct 19, 1:01 PM
    • 4,813 Posts
    • 1,303 Thanks
    JPears
    In response to your questions:
    1. No, to a degree.

2. Yes, probably.
    3. Yes, at some stage. But this will probably prompt a bill from them.
    From what you say, you have, for all intents and purposes, instructed them to procede. It might be tricky to extricate yourself from this.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

141Posts Today

1,535Users online

Martin's Twitter