Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Moneyfordreams
    • By Moneyfordreams 5th Nov 15, 11:32 AM
    • 1,517Posts
    • 7,153Thanks
    Moneyfordreams
    In the nick of time
    • 5th Nov 15, 11:32 AM
    In the nick of time 5th Nov 15 at 11:32 AM
    Updated summer 2019

Hello,
    I been reading debt free diaries and mortgage free diaries since the summer and I have been hugely inspired and reassured my dreams are achievable.

My husband was significantly in debt until early 2013 through a failing business during the recession. Due to having equity in our home I was able (had to) to re-mortgage and pay off the debts. that's the simple version anyway.

During the time when my husbands income was negligible we had a lodger. We moved house in 2018 to downsize and reduce the mortgage. We had a lodger and after info from here did Airbnb for a couple of years.

He gets about £200 pcm pensions plus £900 wage, of this £300 is saved this year into share schemes. I'm also saving in S&S ISA

I have a fairly good job and have always worked extra hours. After many money related traumas and battles our relationship is fantastic.

My aim is to retire at 55 if I can. I am going to go hell for leather to make this happen. We trimmed our expenses years ago. We have the occasional slip up and overspend in fact this year has been an overspend on some big items whist shopping at lld1 and Aldi.

Mortgage OPs are on hold whilst we renovate the house which needed twice as much as we anticipated.

Sold house March 2018

NEW HOME page 32 , May 2018

KEY DATES
    Can access work pension 2025 (55 years)
    Have very small £2k private pension to close 2025
    DH state pension 2025, plus current pension of £200 pcm
    DH shares can be accessed from June 2020 and 2021but aim to cash them 2025
    my state pension 2037
    Official mortgage end 2032

http://www.whatsthecost.com/snowball.aspx

Mortgage OP
    June 2018 - May 2019= £540.21

First Direct
    August 2019 9.01 = £9.01
    September £7.90 = £15.91
    Oct £26.61 + £6.61 = £49.13
    Long term savings shares/ISA (without interest/growth)
    Me
    July 2018 £100 & £143 - August 1st 2019 +£100 = £1468
    Sept £100 = £1568
    Oct £100 = 1668
    November 1st + £100 = £1800 in total

OH SM shares
    June 2018 £1200 + £200 = £1400
    July 2018 +£200 = £1600
    August +£200 = £1800
    September +£200 =£2000
    October +£200 = £2200
    November +£200= £2400
    December xmas month off

Jan 2019 £200 = £2600
    Feb 2019 £200 =£2800
    March 1st 2019 £200 = £3000
    March 28th 2019 £200 = £3200
    April 26th 2019 £200 = £3400
    May 24th 2019 £200 = £3600
    June 21st 2019 £300 - £3900
    July 19th 2019 +£300- £4200
    August 16th 2019 +£300= £4500
    September 13th + £300 =£4800
    October 11th +£300 = £5100
    November 8th + £300 = £5400
    Last edited by Moneyfordreams; 13-11-2019 at 11:02 PM. Reason: to add link
Page 1
    • dirtycredit
    • By dirtycredit 5th Nov 15, 11:38 AM
    • 169 Posts
    • 282 Thanks
    dirtycredit
    • 5th Nov 15, 11:38 AM
    • 5th Nov 15, 11:38 AM
    Love the username.
    Good Luck!

DC x
    LBM-May 2015 DFD Dec 2018 Total debt £27077/ PAID

• Moneyfordreams
    • By Moneyfordreams 6th Nov 15, 4:51 PM
    • 1,517 Posts
    • 7,153 Thanks
    Moneyfordreams
    • 6th Nov 15, 4:51 PM
    • 6th Nov 15, 4:51 PM
    Thanks dirtycredit,

I always seem to be dreaming of the future and how I'm doing to achieve it.
    My husband thinks he wants to live a little now.... I've said he needs to pull his finger out as we've "lived" enough!!! Or at least spent enough.

Hence Airbnb. We live in a tall slim house. Jimlad and ATB on the mortgage free wanabee thread wrote about Airbnb I was surprised when my OH agreed. We have given up our top floor bedroom and en-suite. It's early days and we had 4 nights booked a few weeks ago, 3 this weekend (although each are different guests), and 2 more at the end of the month. not huge sums but not to be sniffed at either.

We have moved into our eldest daughters old bedroom (pretty much so she doesn't move back in )

I've started a new job this week therefore my extra hours will be limited for a month or 2. I've worked extra hours for as long as I can remember, so only working full time should be a rest.

Our younger daughter hopes to go to university next year, but at the moment is very dependant on us. She's just 18, and not yet had a job. She seems to have missed an NI number. We have sent off the requested forms but no joy yet. next week will be 2 weeks post sending 2nd request so we need to chase that up. At least she's found her missing passport (6 months) just BEFORE we got her another , hurrah.

Yesterday I sold a spare tumble dryer. The £30 has been paid off the NW cc.
    I rarely use my tumble dryer I have a pully (?? sheilas maid??). I'm the most unlikely person to want 2. I threaten to cut the plug off every time I catch my family using it.

So £30 less debt today. Hopefully tomorrow I will get some of the loan returned to me.

xx
    • Moneyfordreams
    • By Moneyfordreams 8th Nov 15, 2:17 PM
    • 1,517 Posts
    • 7,153 Thanks
    Moneyfordreams
    • 8th Nov 15, 2:17 PM
    • 8th Nov 15, 2:17 PM
    Unfortunately loaned money not yet arrived. I had to had a little word in my daughters ear about it. It's the principle of paying your own way I'm holding out for. I'm last in her pecking order, after holidays, nights out and buying baby clothes for her daughter. She will most likely get the money back around xmas. I treated her to an outfit (from Primar£) last month and our toddler granddaughter has tons of stuff. Plus it all stems from her cars MOT in March. Next March what's the betting the same will happen again! I'm trying to persuade / nagging at her to open a monthly savings account for these things but no success yet.

Airbnb went well. They were very late. Close to midnight. I'm usually in bed by 10pm. I was off to work early the next morning so didn't see them after the initial hello. I worry about the room being warm enough, it's the only time i'll have the heating on so late
    My OH came home from his night shift to say they had both windows wide open!!!!!!!

We have another guest booked for tomorrow. The bedding is washed and dried and ready to iron.
    • Moneyfordreams
    • By Moneyfordreams 9th Nov 15, 9:42 PM
    • 1,517 Posts
    • 7,153 Thanks
    Moneyfordreams
    • 9th Nov 15, 9:42 PM
    • 9th Nov 15, 9:42 PM
    Busy day today. I've not spent any money, but my husband has spent 20 quid on the weekly shop at lid1. Mostly the fresh stuff.
    I've been to work. Used a freebee coffee card and a packed lunch. I went for a swim at a hotel on the way home. It's in the city centre and I live out of town. Since my new job is 8 hr days and not generally double shifts, I have the time. My membership is free currently as its a trail.
    Got a lovely Airbnb guest tonight. Will be paid for that tomorrow.
    Today my daughter has returned £100.
    That's £600 (without interest ) left on the credit card x
    • Moneyfordreams
    • By Moneyfordreams 11th Nov 15, 3:45 PM
    • 1,517 Posts
    • 7,153 Thanks
    Moneyfordreams
    • 11th Nov 15, 3:45 PM
    • 11th Nov 15, 3:45 PM
    I have paid our 3rd airbnb to the credit card this week leaving a balance of £570 ish on the credit card. We have 2 more nights booked at the end of the month, each night is £29 which I've rounded up to £30.

This morning was spent reading MFi25-30 thread. Yay I've joined it, but I will be OP both the mortgage and the debts simultaneously. The numbers people overpay are phenomenal. I've used the stoozing and snowballing calculators on here that have amazed me with their calculations. Basically if I put all of our debt repayments to the mortgage when our debts have completed, we can box the mortgage off in my 91/2 year time frame instead of 21years!!

I can only try.

Fancied steak for tea. It's not something we eat often but there is some 30% off frying steak in the freezer. Better get the meat hammer out. HomeBarga1n jacket spuds 4 for 45p. Our older daughter keeps forgetting she has left home. she's invited herself for tea again. She bringing our little granddaughter. TV will be Monsters inc, Toy Story or Frozen....... agaaaiiiiiiiiiinn
    • Moneyfordreams
    • By Moneyfordreams 15th Nov 15, 11:06 AM
    • 1,517 Posts
    • 7,153 Thanks
    Moneyfordreams
    • 15th Nov 15, 11:06 AM
    • 15th Nov 15, 11:06 AM
    I'm working later today, so I'm relaxing this morning. We had an extra Airbnb booking last night so I'm waiting to say "safe journey home" to them. They seem like a nice couple. With such awful weather yesterday they were visiting museums to keep dry. Good job our City has many of them .

I'll pay £30 of the CC tomorrow before I get a chance to enjoy it.

After reading smallholdingsister's diary, we have started to make wine. We've made 3 barrels so far. It's amazing. The kit is 39.99 for 30 bottles to make up. £1.33 per bottle!! I'm so proud of it I keep giving it away. not very MSE.
    We've also tried cider. w1lko's cider was ok for £8.99, but the nicer one is from the same company as the wine. It has a gentle fizz. Anyway I've just ordered the rose wine and a lager for a change (the excuse for 2 orders is I don't have to pay P&P).

We don't really go out much these days and you can see why

OH gets paid 4 weekly and his payday was 2 days ago. As I control the money it's like 2 paydays for me . I do think I'm too generous with his spending money. We started to have a mini discussion this week when I was explaining our future spends on debt and mortgage. He has £400 minus his bills leaves £270. This year he got one of those horrifically expensive CC so he can "clear his name". He maxed it out on naff all, food/drink/petrol, and now has to pay £50 pcm. He has another 3 1/2 years before that can happen. NOT my problem. (horrific argument at the time). But during this time, he still asks me for food and petrol money. He's says to be fair he does use his money on family food and stuff. PHOOEY he admits to spending £5 most nights in work on meal breaks. I kinda pointed out I spend zilch as I take packed lunch and my own L1dl coffee!!. I also get the train to work to save cost and he gets to drive my car, mmmm were did I go wrong :/

Oh well he's now chauffer, chief cook and bottle washer, and now chambermaid for Airbnb. It'll take him 15 years to repay what he's lost us without interest and his costs. If we keep the mortgage at the current time frame it'd be £235000!!!!!!!!!!! Good job I'm not counting (much )

Anyhow we are both off work tomorrow and are planning a date day. We will go to the Liverpool to see the poppies, have a mooch about followed by a meal somewhere. We might even stretch it to a few cocktails.
    • Moneyfordreams
    • By Moneyfordreams 15th Nov 15, 11:06 PM
    • 1,517 Posts
    • 7,153 Thanks
    Moneyfordreams
    • 15th Nov 15, 11:06 PM
    • 15th Nov 15, 11:06 PM
    NSD
    £29 paid from Airbnb. £30 paid to the cc
    • Moneyfordreams
    • By Moneyfordreams 17th Nov 15, 11:31 AM
    • 1,517 Posts
    • 7,153 Thanks
    Moneyfordreams
    • 17th Nov 15, 11:31 AM
    • 17th Nov 15, 11:31 AM
    Yesterday didn't quite go as planned. My OH has a sore knee and we decided to stay local. I bought myself a cheaper brand of makeup than normal but I'm not sure I've made the right choice. It seemed a bit "sticky" on my skin.

We had a lovely meal locally off the 40% reduced main meals, then our local pub text to say half price drinks just as we were on our way there. We bumped into family and friends so a lovely time was had. And my other half paid . nipped into the co-opp on our way home to buy 2 goodfellas pizzas at half price £1.24 each. That was our daughters tea sorted.

I have £44 left in my current account and didn't really want to go over that. shopping list for lid1 done plus £20 petrol in the car. Was wondering what I'd need for spends next week when an Airbnb booking has come through for 2 nights this coming weekend. That'll be £58 on Monday. I will probably keep £18 and put £40 to the CC to bring that to £500. Payday is a week on Friday.

Our youngest's NI number has arrived. She said "YAY I'm a citizen". Now all she needs is a job. We have been invited to an awards ceremony at the cathedral tomorrow as she is to receive an award. She is getting best in class in her film studies A level.

I have an impromptu week off next week. I think I'll book in a few days work just to keep Decembers pay happier.
    • Moneyfordreams
    • By Moneyfordreams 19th Nov 15, 9:47 AM
    • 1,517 Posts
    • 7,153 Thanks
    Moneyfordreams
    oh well I'm in the bad books again. Probably because I can't make a decision lately. Should we move house or should we stay put?

Financially it's better to move. I want to knock £40k to £50k off the mortgage. This will still give us the same mortgage payments for the next ten years, but it will mean I don't HAVE to overpay to reach the 10 year retirement window. My friends house will go on the market in the new year and its the right house/price/area etc. She's already moved into her new home. I have 1st refusal on her property.

We have had our house up for sale for 12 months of the last 14 months (took it off/ change of agent). I've accepted viewing tonight.

OH grumbling about not wanting to move. Airbnb in place, plans to get basement sorted in the new year and then get longer term lodger again. I have had to have the talk again about finances, no blame, just fact. I don't want to be a martyr but it's hard to work OT constantly and keep salary as high as it can be. Reducing the mortgage by the above amounts will negate some of the losses. It will make our lives more comfortable. This house has been a weight around my neck since we moved here. I only decided I liked it when I thought I was losing it.

Practically tonight's viewing is awkward as I'm in work until 7pm and OH is at a funeral. Therefore my sister has kindly offered to do the viewing. As OH works nights and is asleep now he will hoover and tidy bedroom when he wakes. I better get a move on and polish bathroom before I leave for work. Kitchen done earlier My sister will check everything later.
    • Moneyfordreams
    • By Moneyfordreams 24th Nov 15, 10:21 AM
    • 1,517 Posts
    • 7,153 Thanks
    Moneyfordreams
    House viewers came for a second view. They asked about "the dosh". I was honest. I told them I would negotiate but wasn't prepared to drop more than 10k realistically and it would be dependant on our next house price whether we could drop a bit more.

That was 2 days ago, so I doubt we'll be hearing from them again.

So better get the half done jobs complete. New radiator ordered £115 (this was £145 a few months ago). kitchen is too cold now. We need tile trims for the bathroom. I keep taking the trims back and changing my mind. We also need some paint. We stripped the wallpaper off the chimney breasts a few weeks ago in the living room. So I'm on the hunt for a gentle warm tone. The duck egg/ice blue grey of our cushions may just be too cold a colour.

All in all this should come to less that £180. I've used some of the xmas savings as I only have about £150 left to shell out other than food.

I used the weekends Airbnb pay out for new bedding as this week we have 3 separate bookings back to back. Also couple at the weekend wanted to use the printer for their boarding cards. I had to go and buy ink.

Oh well.... speculate to accumulate
    • Moneyfordreams
    • By Moneyfordreams 26th Nov 15, 9:24 PM
    • 1,517 Posts
    • 7,153 Thanks
    Moneyfordreams
    I'll focus on the positives.... PAYDAY tomorrow. The monthly budget will be worked out. hopefully it will be positive. We have Airbnb all weekend and a new booking for next weekend. We even had a call from beds for builders although we couldn't accommodate.

My husband is a fairweather friend to some (not me), ok that's harsh.... (our guest may be guilty of over sharing and being needy) and we've only just met.

my elderly mother has had a mostly positive outpatient hospital visit.
    my daughter has had an allergic reaction in work. they sent her by ambulance to hospital.. she's ok and was discharged after 2 hrs.
    my friend son in law was on his motorbike this am and was knocked off. After all day of tests and observation he's allowed home .. great stuff.
    • Moneyfordreams
    • By Moneyfordreams 27th Nov 15, 7:50 AM
    • 1,517 Posts
    • 7,153 Thanks
    Moneyfordreams
    Yay payday

A message from Airbnb guest due on Sunday woke me just before 2am. I checked my bank balance and then didn't go back to sleep.

My wage fluctuates due to enhanced weekend working or how many extra days I work overtime. I worked an (extra) extra shift last month giving me a healthy salary this month. I knew my extras would be limited for a month or 2.

The money owed in over the next week or so from the loan and Airbnb will go straight to the credit card. I have paid £300 off the credit card today, which after 6th Dec will leave £100 or so balance. Hopefully we will get a couple more bookings to cover the end of the card. I have also paid off £150 off the HSBC 0% card.

My normal financial direct debits go out next week, 1st Dec. Mortgage £1120 , car loan £208. I've already sent an extra £11 to the mortgage to bring the capital down by £800. This leaves us £300 for food and entertainment. We filled up on petrol yesterday Asd* £103 per litre £35. Not bad

Next months salary will no doubt be a lot less. I have today to decide if I will work the weekend. I've had this week off therefore I'm rested, however our daughter has asked me to babysit and I refused. Due to baby's lack of sleep impacting on me, terrible 2's tantrums at 4am plus the need to work. I have a chat with DD1 later and see if I'm still required. I honestly think she didn't think I was serious when I said no.

Christmas is pretty much sorted. I'm not working xmas day and boxing day, although I am working the new year shifts.
    • Moneyfordreams
    • By Moneyfordreams 28th Nov 15, 8:36 AM
    • 1,517 Posts
    • 7,153 Thanks
    Moneyfordreams
    best laid plans and all that,, mm

Update on pay day. DD1 has been having allergic reactions and facial swelling over the last month or so. She's a young mum and has just got on with things, taking antihistamines and delaying going to the GP. Unfortunately the day before yesterday she had a reaction at work causing facial swelling lips swelling and wheezing. The manager put her in an ambulance to the local ED. The emergency treatments were very successful and she was discharged after about 2 hours. She went to the GP yesterday who gave her an epi pen and said it was probably a nut allergy (she'd eaten a shop bought salad and juice at work). We initially thought it was a pet allergy (her dad has one) and she has sent her kitten to a new home. But no pets at work just lots of chemicals. I feel very sad that her life is now going to have so many restrictions. She's a real foody and so enthusiastic about everything. Any how the allergy testing queue is so long there is a queue for the queue!!! She is to get a phone call in 2 weeks to add her to the 4 month wait.

The money side of that tale is she has been in dispute with O2 over her phone bill. They said she phoned 21 0800 numbers, and last month wanted £240. Her contract is £40. Now the first phone in this contract had the screen broken and replaced twice by me and eventually gave up. When DD2 and I upgraded in the summer we gave her a phone. which now has a cracked screen but is functional.

Yesterday I bought her a new SIM card for me to top up so she was able to ask for help if needed rather than use I-message. Cut an even longer story short to pay off the bill and close the account was £330. I put it on the credit card. I want her to be safe and in easy contact.

I forgot I had to pay my professional registration fee. £120 (on CC also)

DD2 going through A levels. School lunch money, £25. I would usually put a bit more on but her school tend to break early for xmas and I also had to pay £42 for the AS re-mark. She will have to take a few packed lunches. She also needs to apply for uni's. She's not feeling hugely confident so is applying for ones she is more hopeful of acceptance so 4 x £23 on UCAS £92... All cash. bang goes my savings.

Not been very comfortable with our Airbnb guest this time. Very friendly and lively but oversharing personal information. His trip here hasn't gone to plan. He came in around 1am, I heard the dog bark, but then he didn't climb the stairs. I'm sure he was sat in my living room. The vestibule door squeaked about 15 mins later and he went to bed...... although I could have made it all up.

I didn't remember my train pass. That'll be £65 next week also. Even after all that I can't bring myself to work extra tomorrow.
    Last edited by Moneyfordreams; 28-11-2015 at 8:37 AM. Reason: .
    • Moneyfordreams
    • By Moneyfordreams 1st Dec 15, 5:31 PM
    • 1,517 Posts
    • 7,153 Thanks
    Moneyfordreams
    All bills have been paid so I can do a little total up.

mortgage £182460.49
    Car £5134.17
    hsbc £5120
    NW CC £400

Currant debt £193114.66

This is a lot less debt (£1800) than last month as I overestimated the HSBC card by 3 hundred pounds. unfortunately the credit card increase to the NW cc although avoidable I am helping out daughters. I could pay off with savings but would prefer a cash buffer for now. Having the rug pulled from me a few years ago I need to see the safety of cash available. I did my a new coat from next (£50) a short bubble type jacket, but I blinking deserved it as I hoof it train and foot to work.

I hope to pay it off in Decembers salary. Any BNB will go directly to it. If not, I have booked 4 extra shifts for December so January's pay will be sufficient to complete.

Cash available

Emergency fund £2000
    xmas £300 ....... List made, to be spent on presents
    Hols £200 ......... We are going to Manchester Xmas markets and will stay 1 night in Hotel. Camapamile, £46
    Car £100 .......... Service due January (extended Warrantee so a must) ((another tale GGRRR))
    CB £160 ........... Extra savings for January to cover early December pay.

DD 1 should give me at least £100 from her phone bill. She already owed me £40, so only £60 extra. I'm hoping she will cough up £100 more the following month as I only had agreed to pay off £119. But I won't hold her to that. It will be a bonus if it happens. It is from a debt she was getting paid so not affecting her budget. She had her xmas present also 2 weeks ago!!

Hopefully DD2 will get a job and I can stop giving her pocket money. She's awaiting CRB for a friends care home. She hopes to go to Uni next year and has just received £4200 from her lifelong savings we have made. We've locked it away until next November. Child benefit from January will go into a uni fund to pay for accommodation for her.

Picked up food stuffs from Heron foods £12. Iceland 2 chickens £5 and lid1 £21 for fresh food stuffs.
    I have £150 to last until payday. It is doable as fridge and freezer quite full with a list of contents stuck on the door. My only issue is keeping on top of my spendy ways. I won't have an overtime buffer in December. But hopefully there wont be too many surprises.
    • Moneyfordreams
    • By Moneyfordreams 2nd Dec 15, 9:37 PM
    • 1,517 Posts
    • 7,153 Thanks
    Moneyfordreams
    I've been putting off / lazy about cancelling my reward bank account with my bank. This morning I logged on to an increase in charge of 50%!!!!
    £15 Taken for nothing. I wasn't able to claim because years ago I claimed a mobile repair. I haven't registered a phone with them since.
    This will not happen again. I'm off tomorrow so it's on my to do list to change.
    • Moneyfordreams
    • By Moneyfordreams 4th Dec 15, 11:14 PM
    • 1,517 Posts
    • 7,153 Thanks
    Moneyfordreams
    I wasn't brave enough to change my bank today, but I did change account from an ultimate reward account to a reward account. Mind you it's going to take twice as many years of getting the fiver a month to break even. But at least no more fees. I love looking at everything in the one app.

I have spent a fair bit in the last couple of days, hopefully cheaply. Stationary in pondland ( for my uni course), and paint in Walko's. But the food stuffs and toiletries are all the better value things. Although I've decided the huge mirror (2nd hand £35) for above my fireplace is not right, after my OH has spent 2 afternoons staining it black (ebony). I will use it in the new year in our bedroom, but now have to find another mirror for over the fireplace. Did get wooden bedside cabinet for a fiver

I have made a couple of extra mortgage payments only totalling £20 or so, as well as the regular OP of £100. The credit card is staying put in my purse. I'm not keen on N@tionawide's app format. It doesn't yet have last weeks purchases, meaning my online data is incorrect. New statement next week. I really want to pay it off in December's salary.

January 2016 is the start of us pushing forward our debt/mortgage free plans and I need that NW CC money to do that.

Loosely planned is to pay at least a £1350 mortgage payment (£330 interest and overpayment) to bring the capital down by £1000 pcm. I also plan on increasing the CC 0% up to £300. It may be too tight to do that but if I keep my EF at £2000 then its only what we are paying now.

It's looking more and more likely that we will take the house off the market in the new year. We had new patio doors installed in the summer and had a re-jig of our kitchen.... We kept the units just moved them to the free wall to make room for our lovely folding doors. anyhow as this was done on the cheap, £3000 doors (not cheap proper company and not hubby's friends) £600, other kitchen and patio jobs, moving boiler upstairs (hubby's friends). But OH this week has started to finish the little jobs!!!! neaten off work top ends and fix end piece and finish tiling to walls and sink.

Now we only have hole in ceiling, replacement skirting boards, new radiator (on order), take out old radiator from behind fridge, box in pipework and new floor to complete.

Then it'll be onto the half finished bathroom

Looks like the extra shifts will be required for some time :/
    Last edited by Moneyfordreams; 04-12-2015 at 11:16 PM. Reason: omission
    • Moneyfordreams
    • By Moneyfordreams 9th Dec 15, 8:59 AM
    • 1,517 Posts
    • 7,153 Thanks
    Moneyfordreams
    Could just kick myself, radiator has arrived and I've ordered the wrong size. I wanted a vertical not horizontal. I should have researched more. I didn't want a really tall vertical, only about 800mm but I always learn by mistakes unfortunately. Not sure about sending it back, but keeping it would mean change for change sake rather than need. Its a traditional design that would fit into our sitting room, But then I would need another for the opposite end!! and then I would slowly replace all of them in the house. Meaning more cost, more overtime to pay for it and less debt/mortgage busting.

Feeling a bit aggrieved this week. bit of a spat with OH and we're not quite over it. Definitely back in the sell mode. Downsize, small mortgage no money worries. I felt unwell at work sleep has been awful 3- 4 hours per night, and I asked for a lift home rather than the train. I went to bed at 4pm. Thankfully our children are lovely young adults but I've missed their childhoods working 50 hour weeks. See martyrdom again. blurrggghhhhhhhhh. I'm on late today so by the time I get home (on the train Then repeat tomorrow.

I suppose I should add my OH has apologised and was worried that I took myself to bed as I never sleep during the day. He did apologise again yesterday morning but I'm as stubborn as a mule and at this point want to buy a house he wouldn't like!! I did said I want nothing from him again as I'm self sufficient, but even though I only see 600 quid of his wages it does help towards the increased costs of his follies. But add it to his costs I'm minus £200. :|
    Last edited by Moneyfordreams; 19-03-2016 at 10:22 AM. Reason: omission. too selfpitying
    • Moneyfordreams
    • By Moneyfordreams 11th Dec 15, 8:39 AM
    • 1,517 Posts
    • 7,153 Thanks
    Moneyfordreams
    Off to the zoo today for GD birthday. we'll be having cake and sandwiches at mums before going. Will only need entrance fee , no doubt for DD too. I'll fill up on @sdas cheap petrol on the way.

I ordered the 2nd radiator. should be here today or tomorrow. Haven't yet decided what to do with the first. OH payday today. Bill money set aside for the month. and as he's done a couple of extras it may well cover the cost and fitting of the kitchen radiator. Luckily it hasn't been too cold without one.

I tried without success weeks ago to talk DD1 out of a spendy party for a 2 year old, so tomorrow there is a party booked in a local pub with DJ and her favourite Disney characters. I'll probably be up to my eyes in cheese spread butties tomorrow morning.

Airbnb guests tomorrow night who are flying in from Singapore, last weeks guests were Aussies. Next weeks India. Worldwide. The internet just amazes me.
    • Moneyfordreams
    • By Moneyfordreams 13th Dec 15, 8:19 AM
    • 1,517 Posts
    • 7,153 Thanks
    Moneyfordreams
    After all the birthday extravagance, it's a shame our 2 year old GD won't remember any of it. Our DD did well though. I even got some of the loan repayment http://static.moneysavingexpert.com/images/forum_smilies/biggrin.gif

The trip to the zoo was late. We got there at 2:30 and were told it was closing at 4pm for the light display. £54 for 3 adults and a 2 year old for an hr and a half. They wanted £60 but I declined paying the extra for conservation this time. The weather was crisp and the little one loved it in fact we all did.

We have another house viewing today. Maybe this time. I'm sure I can talk myself into 20 viewings being considered a magic number

Our airbnb guests are packing up ready to leave by the sounds of things. We never realised just walking about would make so much noise to the floor below! £30 will go straight off the 0% CC.

I've shuffled things around this week to ensure we are ready for bigger OP to the mortgage come the 1st January 2016. With starting my new job, I didn't work any extra shifts in November, therefore Decembers pay will be a bit lean. I have 4 extras to be added to January's pay so it will balance in the long run. Thankfully my hubby's pay was healthier than usual. He was happy with an extra £100 for his spends. Think I was the lucky one this month with the rest of the balance. Although even with my positive encouragement he doesn't feel he can repeat this every month

Our freezer is full to burst with Lid1 meat bargains. That should probably last us until xmas week. only fresh foods will be needed.

Babysitting this afternoon so DD1 can go to her works xmas drinks, hopefully won't spend a penny. However tomorrow is when we go to Manchester for xmas shopping. We don't need to buy much as DD1 had hers last month, got mums, so it's DD2 (difficult), sister and BIL will be visiting. anyhow my list tells me I should have change from my £300 budget.

Here's to dreaming x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

710Posts Today

6,033Users online

Martin's Twitter