Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Own My Own
    • By Own My Own 23rd Dec 12, 10:34 PM
    • 5,532Posts
    • 46,015Thanks
    Own My Own
    *The Holly and the Ivy* 2013 Christmas Chatter Thread.
    • 23rd Dec 12, 10:34 PM
    *The Holly and the Ivy* 2013 Christmas Chatter Thread. 23rd Dec 12 at 10:34 PM
    Well I am starting this a few days earlier than planned but I have a lot of links to add.

This thread is not just about Christmas, but our whole year. We have had many ups and downs, deaths and births but we have all made it through to the end of the last thread and Christmas 2012.

NOTE- For all new people please please don't lurk, join in. We are all a little mad, but not dangerous.

The following posts will be made up of all the links saved from last year with new ones added as we go.
    This will hopefully make it easier in October when we are all looking for them.

Please let me know if any become out of date

Before I begin a Very Special Thank You must go to Gleek who started last years thread. Where would we be without you.
    Last edited by Own My Own; 01-09-2013 at 10:59 PM.
    OMO I think we are going to have to rename you Miss Linky you are amazingly organised. Thank you
    Originally posted by Nanamia
Page 3
    • curiouscrafter
    • By curiouscrafter 24th Dec 12, 12:18 PM
    • 138 Posts
    • 667 Thanks
    curiouscrafter
    Hello everybody,

I am a lurker on the 2012 thread, I will not be a lurker here promise!

I am going to be much much much more organised in 2013, thought I was this year but I will be still be wrapping last minute gifts tonight!!

Wishing you all a safe and merry Christmas

Curious Crafter x x
    • SugarSpun
    • By SugarSpun 24th Dec 12, 1:42 PM
    • 8,504 Posts
    • 44,693 Thanks
    SugarSpun
    Present and correct for 2013

I've just ordered my cards, wrap and some stocking fillers for next year too. Awwwwwwww yeah
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: 193.75; Saved from RRP 963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
    • disabled_NCIS_fan
    • By disabled_NCIS_fan 24th Dec 12, 3:25 PM
    • 213 Posts
    • 1,574 Thanks
    disabled_NCIS_fan
    Subscribed and ready. This will certainly be fun for throughout the year.

Presents to buy for sisters feb birthday in the sales, thank god for the sales lol.

My birthday is 18th May if you wanna add it.
    I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    ― Marilyn Monroe
    • ostaragirl
    • By ostaragirl 24th Dec 12, 3:27 PM
    • 264 Posts
    • 1,446 Thanks
    ostaragirl
    Oh my this is what I call organised! I haven't posted for ages on the other one due to work commitments and family illnesses but I'm going to try and keep an eye on here for all the valuable info and links. Thanks for setting it up x
    • Crowdpleaser
    • By Crowdpleaser 24th Dec 12, 3:46 PM
    • 1,044 Posts
    • 11,274 Thanks
    Crowdpleaser
    Thanks omo!

All ready here to check out sales etc!

I'm 11th January xxx
    Save 500 for christmas 2016 161/500
    GC March 16 252.91/300
  • Linda-Lou
    Welcome Pinkdebster , glad you've joined us! Everone on here is Christmas mad - but nice with it!!!

xxx
  • daisiegg
    Present and correct for 2013

I've just ordered my cards, wrap and some stocking fillers for next year too. Awwwwwwww yeah
    Originally posted by SugarSpun
    Ooh where from?
    • nic2075
    • By nic2075 24th Dec 12, 4:31 PM
    • 2,831 Posts
    • 18,151 Thanks
    nic2075
    Thanks OMO for putting on all the links and starting the thread. Im looking forward to being more organised and have a place to chat and get bargains.

Looming forward to seeing you all in the new year x
    • SugarSpun
    • By SugarSpun 24th Dec 12, 5:43 PM
    • 8,504 Posts
    • 44,693 Thanks
    SugarSpun
    Ooh where from?
    Originally posted by daisiegg
    Marks and Spencer I was sorely tempted by the shiny printed kraft paper but was sensible and got the super huge rolls.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: 193.75; Saved from RRP 963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • Gleek
    Well I am starting this a few days earlier than planned but I have a lot of links to add.

This thread is not just about Christmas, but our whole year. We have had many ups and downs, deaths and births but we have all made it through to the end of the last thread and Christmas 2012.

NOTE- For all new people please please don't lurk, join in. We are all a little mad, but not dangerous.

The following posts will be made up of all the links saved from last year with new ones added as we go.
    This will hopefully make it easier in October when we are all looking for them.

Please let me know if any become out of date

Before I begin a Very Special Thank You must go to Gleek who started last years thread. Where would we be without you.
    Originally posted by Own My Own
    Crikey, it doesn't feel like five minutes since starting the last one.
    Princess Sparklepants
    • caitlyn22
    • By caitlyn22 24th Dec 12, 7:07 PM
    • 209 Posts
    • 2,162 Thanks
    caitlyn22
    Said I'd wait until boxing day but oooohhhh...all shiny and new!!!!

Thanks again OMO!
    • madz2802
    • By madz2802 24th Dec 12, 7:18 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 471 Thanks
    madz2802
    Can I join?
    Yayy a new thread! Can't wait to follow it throughout the year
    My birthday is the 28th feb is you want to add it Xxx
    Merry Christmas!!!!!
    Saving and buying for Christmas 2013!!
    • Peppapig
    • By Peppapig 24th Dec 12, 9:09 PM
    • 1,328 Posts
    • 17,875 Thanks
    Peppapig
    Hello everyone, I found the 2012 thread in October and have been an avid lurker since then - picked up lots of tips and ideas and shared your ups and downs. Thought it would be nice to be able to join in for 2013 so here I am.

OMO - thanks for the thread and all your hard work. My birthday is 1st November.
    • FeistyFidget
    • By FeistyFidget 24th Dec 12, 9:16 PM
    • 1,363 Posts
    • 18,200 Thanks
    FeistyFidget
    OMO thanks for starting next years! I don't feel so crazy for already planning the gifts now

This year (2013) I vow to get started January (possibly even December) and if something isn't finished by Christmas eve - sod it! Not very festive I know, but I really don't want another Christmas eve like today.

My birthday is December 14th
    Officially Debt Free (Besides Mortgage) - Since 14/09/2014

2015 Challenges
    Stop making life harder for myself. Stop aiming for perfection, it doesn't exist. Enjoy the little things
    • Betsie2010
    • By Betsie2010 24th Dec 12, 9:50 PM
    • 413 Posts
    • 4,340 Thanks
    Betsie2010
    Started on bargain hunting already. Wrap and gift bags bought today in m & s sale. And I will NOT be wrapping on Christmas Eve. I have such a back ache now.
    So looking forward to tomorrow and Boxing Day, spending it with all 4 of my kids and family. Kids go to their Dads on Boxing Day but this year they are all mine for Christmas Day
    Will be out bargain hunting on Thurs and laying down goodies for next year.
    Have a peaceful Christmas one and all xx
    2015 2 Saver #82
    SPC #323 66 (2014)

Pay All your Debt off by Xmas 2015 #104
    Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves
  • Nanamia
    Hiya welcome newbies I think you are gonna love it here. You are in at the begining of something thats going to be fab. Thank you so very much Linky You've worked so hard putting this all together. Well done you it's looking fab
    Back to let it snow xxx
    • bossymoo
    • By bossymoo 24th Dec 12, 11:34 PM
    • 6,817 Posts
    • 87,056 Thanks
    bossymoo
    Subscribing!

Oh, and I'm 30th June

Merry Christmas!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies
    • *Louise*
    • By *Louise* 24th Dec 12, 11:52 PM
    • 9,071 Posts
    • 28,153 Thanks
    *Louise*
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Thread everyone!
    Cross Stitch Cafe member No. 3
    2012 170-194 2013 195-207.Hello Kitty ballerina 208.AVA 209.OLIVIA 210.ELLA 211.CARLA 212.LOUISE 213.CHARLEY 214.Mother & Child 215.Stop Faffing Completed 2014 216.Stitchers Sampler. 217.Let Them Be Small 218.Keep Calm 219. Ups and downs 220. Annniversary piece 221. 2x Teachers gifts 222. Peacock 223. Tooth Fairy 224. Beth Birth pic 225. Circe the Sorceress Cards x 24
  • riskyb
    Merry xmas everyone
    • kingfisherblue
    • By kingfisherblue 25th Dec 12, 7:20 AM
    • 8,591 Posts
    • 18,600 Thanks
    kingfisherblue
    Morning everyone, and merry Christmas

I'm just having a few minutes peace whilst the kids decide which presents to play with. We don't usually start before 7am, but my daughter is working today and had to be in for 6.45, so we had an earlier than usual start. She has opened some presents but will open the rest after work.

The children are delighted with their presents, which is great. The rubbish is in the bin. I am on my second cup of coffee and thinking about bacon butties for breakfast

First though, I would like to join you all this coming year please. I buy through the year and look for bargains, but still ended up wrapping some last minute things last night. I definitely want to be more organised and also not just buy stuff because it is a bargain and I'm bound to find someone to give it to - yeah, right, so why have I got a cupboard full of stuff still?!!!

I am a Rainbow and Brownie guider as well, so cheap but effective crafts are always welcome. I usually buy gifts for the girls in the summer sales.

I hope I am ok to add a link. I have made the hot chocolate Rudolph from this site this year, both with the Rainbows and Brownies, and with my own children. My youngest son is colour blind, and so is one of his teachers. He decided to have a joke with his teachers and used green pompous for the noses

Rudolph is about half way down the link, and is really effective as well as being easy.

http://www.cutefoodforkids.com/2011/12/37-edible-reindeer-crafts.html?m=1

Eta, my birthday is 1st November if you want to add it to the list.
    Last edited by kingfisherblue; 25-12-2012 at 7:24 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

910Posts Today

6,529Users online

Martin's Twitter