MoneySaving Dads - get the MoneySaving help you need

Former_MSE_Andrea
Former_MSE_Andrea Posts: 9,614
Combo Breaker First Post I've helped Parliament Rampant Recycler
Forumite
edited 26 November 2012 at 9:27AM in MoneySaving dads
What's the new board for?

Have you just found out you’re going to be a father and have no idea what nappies cost?

Dad of several and don’t know how to afford all the school dinners?

If you’re a dad and a MoneySaver this is the place to discuss your MoneySaving issues.

For general questions not related to MoneySaving please post on the Marriage, Relationships & Families board.
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Good thinking. We can ask other dads what nappies cost or how they afford all the school dinners.

Mums might have the answers to these questions too, though. Shouldn't we ask them, too?
  • I can hear the barn doors clanking and the tumbleweed blowing through this board.....
    Metranil dreams of becoming a neon,
    You don't even take him seriously,
    How am I going to get to heaven?,
    When I'm just balanced so precariously..
  • freyasmum
    freyasmum Posts: 20,597
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Good thinking. We can ask other dads what nappies cost or how they afford all the school dinners.

Mums might have the answers to these questions too, though. Shouldn't we ask them, too?
    Good Lord no!

Don't you know that men and women can never be friends?! All that wanton lust and passion building over a little chat about the price of nappies/nipple chaffing? Such a hot bed of lust. No, it's much easier to segregate and keep us all apart, lest we fail to control ourselves.

Think of the children!
  • Gosh, I feel like I'm having a forum affair coming onto this thread!
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Why on earth do MS Dads need a separate area from the MS Mums? *confused*
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • jayII
    jayII Posts: 40,693 Forumite
    Seperate boards is a really silly idea! It's divisive and limits/halves the people who will see and respond to a thread.

The 1950's really are long gone, as is Victoriana! :rotfl:
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] Fighting the biggest battle of my life. :( Started 30th January 2018.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    jayII wrote: »
    Seperate boards is a really silly idea! It's divisive and limits/halves the people who will see and respond to a thread.

The 1950's really are long gone, as is Victoriana! :rotfl:

Too right :D

Doesn't seem to be too popular anyway does it ? It needs to be all on one board. It's 2012 FGS !
  • Lixi_2
    Lixi_2 Posts: 133 Forumite
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    What's the new board for?

Have you just found out you’re going to be a father and have no idea what nappies cost?

Dad of several and don’t know how to afford all the school dinners?

If you’re a dad and a MoneySaver this is the place to ask your MoneySaving questions.

For general questions not related to MoneySaving please post on the Marriage, Relationships & Families board.

How utterly ridiculous. Who pray tell is going to hang around on this board to answer? Not us moneysaving Mums as we are quite clearly not wanted.
    Mortgage at largest: £250,000 _pale_ (March 2006)
    Current mortgage (May 2014): £152,927.10 :o
  • SplanK
    SplanK Posts: 1,152
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    So the pregnancy thread is no longer suitable for expecting dads now?! Although few to be dads participate, I have found it very usefull to read "real life" stuff to back up whats been discussed in articals/books! Just spent ages looking for the longer pregnancy thread only to find its been moved into the mums section!
  • Sorry MSE, I've got to say this...

You've have well and truely messed up with regard these new forums. What a load of utter nonsense these new board titles are!

Now think about it, as a new father (I've got 3 kids so have some history!) who would you ask for advice on nappy prices etc? I certainly wouldn't post it on this board!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure