Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • krishna
    • By krishna 8th Apr 07, 10:27 PM
    • 817Posts
    • 210Thanks
    krishna
    Daily cash withdrawal limit over the counter? Abbey
    • 8th Apr 07, 10:27 PM
    Daily cash withdrawal limit over the counter? Abbey 8th Apr 07 at 10:27 PM
    Does anyone know what the daily cash withdrawal limit at Abbey is, for over the counter withdrawals? I know there is a 300 ATM limit, but wondered what it would be in branch.
Page 2
  • Extant
    To correct some misinformation, Abbey is a full bank (just like the Halifax) and has been for many years. The only large building society left is Nationwide.
    Originally posted by PBA
    Yeah, I'll just pop in and pay my bank giro credi--

Oh, nevermind...
    What would William Shatner do?
  • Extant
    Does anyone know the daily 'over the counter' limit with Barclays? I have a student additions account if that makes any difference. I'll need to withdraw about 1500 shortly and don't want to take my passport with me unless it's strictly necessary.
    Originally posted by spurious
    That amount should be absolutely fine, unless they're really, really run down on cash. There's no set withdrawal limit, it's based more on what's available in branch at that given time.

Do take your passport and your debit card with you, though - it'll help them do their business and meet their ID requirements.
    • rb10
    • By rb10 11th Mar 09, 10:13 PM
    • 6,304 Posts
    • 3,827 Thanks
    rb10
    Yeah, I'll just pop in and pay my bank giro credi--

Oh, nevermind...
    Originally posted by BarclaysManager
    Come off it, I really don't believe that you have any wish to do that ... you are far too well aware that there are many better methods of making payments than by BGC.

The other banks that do still offer this are just stuck in their ways, from the time when it was one of the only ways of making payments. They should move with the times.
    • Mikeyorks
    • By Mikeyorks 11th Mar 09, 10:28 PM
    • 10,287 Posts
    • 4,696 Thanks
    Mikeyorks
    Odd ....... that people are replying to posts that are 2 years old?
    If you want to test the depth of the water .........don't use both feet !
  • simon templar
    A big bump aint it!
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 12th Mar 09, 12:12 AM
    • 4,901 Posts
    • 1,609 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    A big bump aint it!
    Originally posted by simon templar
    Yes, a lot has happened since...
  • Extant
    Come off it, I really don't believe that you have any wish to do that ... you are far too well aware that there are many better methods of making payments than by BGC.
    Originally posted by rb10
    Haha, yeah. Paper's for suckers.

The other banks that do still offer this are just stuck in their ways, from the time when it was one of the only ways of making payments. They should move with the times.
    As much as I hate bulk clearing, I actually view this one as being a customer service issue: for the mean time, many businesses issue BGCs and in doing so encourage their use. Until these businesses stop issuing them, I think customers should still be able to pay them through their bank.

And with BGCs, unlike cheques, the business pays for the majority of the cost, not the bank.
    • willo65
    • By willo65 13th Mar 09, 10:20 PM
    • 1,004 Posts
    • 348 Thanks
    willo65

Originally posted by rb10
    I can see it Now - The Times Headline - "Banks stop Taking BGC's - Where can you pay your bills? - followed by a story on how the banks are reducing services to customer and yada yada yada

People still use it - hence the reason there is still queues and if people still want this service and you wanted to commit corporate suicide then pulling the service would be a great idea.
  • Ugnaught
    Up to 20k without 24 hours notice at Natwest.
    Originally posted by mclaren32
    How do you know? is there a webpage?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,755Posts Today

8,073Users online

Martin's Twitter