Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Page 6
    • k-hkr
    • By k-hkr 23rd Sep 19, 10:41 AM
    • 114 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    Chargeback re. Thomas Cook airways
    Hi, I am in the position, like many, of having paid for flights with TC Airways directly and using my visa debit card to pay. I have read up and the visa chargeback scheme is my only hope of getting a refund. I followed the advice in the MSE article and rang my bank using the number on the back of my debit card and asked to dispute a transaction. They went through the usual security questions and then asked which transaction so I gave them the date and amount. Once they realised it was a TC transaction the lady said that I would have to check the website later today or tomorrow for updated info on what to do. I explained that the chargeback scheme is my only course of action available and why this is the case but she repeated the mantra and, when asked which website she was referring to, said to check Thomas Cooks website! I said that their website would not tell me anything other than to use the chargeback scheme and contact my bank/card provider which I was doing. They basically would not raise a dispute case. Is this correct? I am going to now use the template letter on MSE and send that off rather than being fobbed off. I do wonder if Lloyds are maybe one of TC banks and I would be effectively trying to get them to refund me from their own coffers, hence the fob off.
    • keensaver60
    • By keensaver60 25th Sep 19, 3:13 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Chargeback re a credit card purchase
    Most posts on this thread seem to relate to debit card purchases so it is obvious you would make your claim to your bank but who do I contact when it is a less than 100 credit card purchase? I have a Barclaycard but no longer have a bank account with Barclays.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

486Posts Today

5,216Users online

Martin's Twitter