Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 2
    • samal
    • By samal 15th Jul 10, 6:05 PM
    • 75 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    samal
    Family with 18+ student
    Problem with Moneysupermarket is that 18+ is not a child for family quote, where as some do allow them to be part of a family as long as they are in full time education.
    • busiscoming2
    • By busiscoming2 15th Jul 10, 6:15 PM
    • 4,337 Posts
    • 11,522 Thanks
    busiscoming2
    Problem with Moneysupermarket is that 18+ is not a child for family quote, where as some do allow them to be part of a family as long as they are in full time education.
    Originally posted by samal
    No but with Direct travel you can add 'a student 19-22 at no extra cost'
    • grainy
    • By grainy 26th Jul 10, 8:43 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    grainy
    90 day trip - europe - ski sports cover
    Help!
    I have been searching ages, cant find anything cheaper than 123.
    I would like a 90 day trip insurance, to cover europe, ski sports cover, and preferably an annual policy.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    I am 26.
    Thanks!!
  • Leigh-Anne 60
    Help!
    I have been searching ages, cant find anything cheaper than 123.
    I would like a 90 day trip insurance, to cover europe, ski sports cover, and preferably an annual policy.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    I am 26.
    Thanks!!
    Originally posted by grainy
    www.getmy.com/travel

Standard pol 55, Premier 66.01 - Both annual with winter sports & 90 day trip limit
  • Spikey
    Help!!!
    Do you need to ring the company if you have a pre existing medical condition?

This is so confusing?

Annual Cover is sometimes cheaper... eh??????????/

which company is the most reasonable? arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Use your judgement, and above all, be honest with yourself.

I walk with the world & the world walks with me!

I don't make bad choices!!! Other people just fail to see my GENIUS !!!!
  • Incapuppy
    Do you need to ring the company if you have a pre existing medical condition?

This is so confusing?

Annual Cover is sometimes cheaper... eh??????????/

which company is the most reasonable? arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Originally posted by Spikey
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/cheap-travel-insurance

PEMCs need to be declared to and accepted by insurers; I have usually always done this online, only once by telephone.

Don't forget to declare PEMCs for those travelling with you and for any close relatives not travelling for whom you would cancel/curtail the trip if they became ill from a related condition.
  • stixmcvix
    A long holiday visiting several countries
    Hi there

I'm going round Thailand, Borneo, Vietnam and Laos for 4 weeks in December, and am looking at Worldwide Single trip. The quotes I'm looking at are around the 50 mark per person; much more than I'm used to. I've booked my flights and a few hotels on the credit card, and wonder whether I should bother with the insurance at all.

Anyone have any advice?

Many thanks
    Victoria
  • Incapuppy
    .....and wonder whether I should bother with the insurance at all.
    Anyone have any advice?
    Originally posted by stixmcvix
    Is this a wind up???

Aside from being prepared to lose the entire cost of the holiday if you should fall ill or get injured before travel have you considered the issue of healthcare abroad? Or will your friends be making an appeal in the Daily Mail when you are stuck in the Far East needing healthcare/medical repatriation that you cannot afford?

Insurance should be taken out at the same time as booking your travel plans.
  • wickenwoman
    I jst wanted to thank whoever it was who suggested EHICPlus. They are the only company who have not loaded the premiums for our policy for three asthmatics travelling to the Canaries in a party of five. Our insurance came in at 69.90 for five adults.
    Last edited by wickenwoman; 01-08-2010 at 1:56 PM.
    • dacouch
    • By dacouch 1st Aug 10, 10:28 PM
    • 20,745 Posts
    • 12,854 Thanks
    dacouch
    I jst wanted to thank whoever it was who suggested EHICPlus. They are the only company who have not loaded the premiums for our policy for three asthmatics travelling to the Canaries in a party of five. Our insurance came in at 69.90 for five adults.
    Originally posted by wickenwoman
    Make sure you read and understand the policy as it has some differences to a normal policy
  • NossenBer
    Insureme4 Diamond Plus policy
    I took out an Insureme 4 Diamond Plus policy via Moneysupermarket.com having read that this policy covers such eventualities as an airline going out of business. The quote was extremely competitive.

However, on reading the policy terms I am concerned by the following:

- personal posessions (baggage) excludes "Anything which you cannot provide a receipt or proof of ownership for". Is this normal as one would not expect to be able to provide such proof for general clothing etc e.g. if the airline lost my bags?

- missed departure includes "up to 500 for extra accomodation and transport to get back home if your return transport back to the UK is delayed and you are too late to connect with your booked UK internal transport" per KeyFacts and "We will also pay you up to 500.....the cost of extra accommodation and transport which you have to pay to get back home because your inbound flight....is delayed by the time shown in your travel itinerary and you miss your connecting UK internal public transport..". This seems confusing as it suggests I am covered for the cost of delays once back in the UK which is rather useless as clearly one needs cover for being stuck overseas due to delays. For example, if there is a strike at BAA airports and my return flight is delayed surely my insurance company should pay for the extra overseas accommodation required while waiting for the flight (strike action is not excluded in the policy). Again, is this formulation normal / does it meet industry standards?

Any help appreciated.

Regards

NossenBer
    • mikee31
    • By mikee31 13th Aug 10, 2:49 PM
    • 84 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    mikee31
    Will give NossenBer's query above regarding Insureme4 a bump as I would also be interested to know the answer given everything going on at present!
  • ChrisGrahamUK
    Free Multi-trip European Travel Insurance from Nationwide Building Society
    Was disappointed when Nationwide added charges to their debit card when using it abroad but now they have written to me telling me that as a current account holder I am entitled to free European multi trip travel insurance.
    This is good but I have upgraded to worldwide cover for 20 which is very good. Still waiting for the policy documents to finally check the small print but if it is okay this will have saved me a few pounds.
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 20th Aug 10, 7:31 PM
    • 7,067 Posts
    • 19,917 Thanks
    Doc N
    Was disappointed when Nationwide added charges to their debit card when using it abroad but now they have written to me telling me that as a current account holder I am entitled to free European multi trip travel insurance.
    This is good but I have upgraded to worldwide cover for 20 which is very good. Still waiting for the policy documents to finally check the small print but if it is okay this will have saved me a few pounds.
    Originally posted by ChrisGrahamUK
    Check it very carefully if you have any pre-existing medical conditions - there are hoops to jump through.
    • luci
    • By luci 21st Aug 10, 12:23 PM
    • 5,893 Posts
    • 4,647 Thanks
    luci
    They wanted 20 to upgrade to worldwide which was fine, but another 110 for PEMC's which wasn't.

You can read the T&C's of the policy HERE
  • archived user
    I've used Benefits Alliance for several years. Online for Annual Worldwide cover costs approx 80 for a couple...

http://www.primarytravelinsurance.co.uk/goto/benefits_alliance_2010_website_scheme/

Has anyone else used them and has any feedback? Renewal is coming up soon and don't know if I should shop around..
    • Fortyfoot
    • By Fortyfoot 22nd Aug 10, 8:14 PM
    • 1,868 Posts
    • 916 Thanks
    Fortyfoot
    Check it very carefully if you have any pre-existing medical conditions - there are hoops to jump through.
    Originally posted by Doc N
    They want 40 extra from me because I am taking medication for high blood pressure. Will probably be cheaper than my existing policy with insureandgo.

Fortyfoot
    • sylviesinc
    • By sylviesinc 30th Aug 10, 1:17 PM
    • 119 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    sylviesinc
    They wanted 20 to upgrade to worldwide which was fine, but another 110 for PEMC's which wasn't.

You can read the T&C's of the policy HERE
    Originally posted by luci
    I'll be happy to pay that. I just got a quote for 778 from staysure for my husband's PEMC. They are the same as the last policy we had for our USA visit in 2009 which cost us 113 but he is 71 now so that makes a huge difference!
  • Beenie33
    Cruise Insurance
    Hi,
    Does anyone know what the difference is between single/multi trip travel insurance and Cruise insurance?
    • luci
    • By luci 8th Sep 10, 10:12 PM
    • 5,893 Posts
    • 4,647 Thanks
    luci
    Single trip is exactly that. It only cover one trip away.

Multi trip or annual insurance is exactly that. It covered multiple trips over a 12 month period, as many trip as you like.

You need insurance that specifically covers cruises, but some standard policies do such as Direct Travel.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,169Posts Today

7,297Users online

Martin's Twitter