Free Festivals

Comments

• stphnstevey
    stphnstevey Posts: 3,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What a load of rubbish!

Shall I add my village fete as well!

Thought there would be some decent music festivals there for people under 90, but just old age pensioner ones
  • The Bermondsey Carnival
    The Bandstand
    Southwark Park
    Jamaica Road
    London
    SE16

Saturday 12th June 2010
    12.00pm - 18.00pm
    One of London's oldest free events is again back with a bang!
    This fantastic, family freindly, funday, that this year will be commemorating the 70th anniversary of the London Blitz.
    There will be a street parade by local schools and organisations through the streets of Bermondsey.

Live on Stage:
    X Factors - Stacey Solomon and Andy Abraham
    The legendary Rose- Marie
    and local artists

A traditional fun fair
    Food stalls
    Licenced Bars

And much, much more

Nearest tubes
    Bermondsey/Canada Water (Jubilee Line)
    Rotherhithe/ Surrey Quays (East London Line)

Buses.
    188, 47, 381, c10, P12, 255
  • MrsMop
    MrsMop Posts: 413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 31 May 2012 at 1:16PM
    Free Festival - North East

http://www.southtyneside.info/applications/2/whatson/default.aspx?series=388&template=summerfestival

Head to South Shields seafront this summer for three months of fantastic free entertainment!
    With live music, brass bands, parades, parties and open-air concerts there’s something for everyone to enjoy throughout June, July and August.
    Good Enough Club Member No 39

• Hi there. Please note that the Great Linford Waterside festival runs from Friday June 18th to Sunday June 20th this year, not just Friday and Saturday as in your list.

ta
  • Jinxed
    Jinxed Posts: 19 Forumite
    Working at festivals is highly recommended, I stumbled across some work at one the the Gatecrasher Summer Sound Ststem Festivals a few years back behind a bar (although i was praying I wasn't in the RnB tent) and I was happily dancing along to Tall Paul, Seb Fontaine and Mauro Picotto DJing whilst serving many bottles of water. I should have been paid for it, but for some reason i didn't - and it's the one job I didn't mind doing for free. The hours are long, but if you are very lucky like i was you will love every minute of it :) Left Stoke at around mid-day and travelled down to the site, returned the following day at about 10am!! Very tiring but a great experience!!
    There are no dates for the summer sound system this year (apparently) but there is still Creamfields and Global Gathering which you can contact to see if they need people!!

Go and do it folks, you'll have a blast!! :T
  • The Blues Festival in Colne, Lancashire. You have to pay for the main stage, but most of the venues are free and there are people performing in virtually every pub in the town. 27th - 30th August

www dot bluesfestival dot co.uk
  • snoopyhill
    snoopyhill Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 19 May 2010 at 2:51PM
    Hi,
    Below are details from the Dundee Blues Bonanza website.

The Dundee Blues Bonanza is an "All Day, All Free, All Blues" festival, taking place this year on 23rd, 24th and 25th
    July. The festival will take place across some 30 venues and will feature over 125 live performances, featuring artists and fans mainly from the UK and Europe but we have welcomed many others from all around the globe over the years.

The Bonanza comprises a Friday Night International Promotional event this year featuring Mud Morganfield and the Dirty Aces and Lil Jimmy Reed and his “Kickass” band and this will take place at Dukes Corner (formerly The Doghouse) in Brown Street.

The Saturday and Sunday Street Festival has been the foundation of the Bonanza for the last 15 years, and generates the famous "Bonanza Buzz", and regularly attracts over 12,000 visitors to Dundee.

Finally on Sunday night we hold the DBB party, and this year it will feature Mud and Lil Jimmy. The party will take place in D!jà Vu Nightclub in the Cowgate.
  • Please find attached link for Festival Too which provides free entertainment and fireworks:

Saturday June 26th
    Free fireworks with Abba Tribute Act on Kings Staithe Square

Friday 2nd July
    Kafkadiva local group
    Guns and Rose Tribute Act

Saturday 3rd July
    Under the Influence local group
    Bunny Outfit local group
    The Beat Beatles Tribute Act

Friday 9th July
    Jimmy Rocket local group
    Hayseed Dixie

Saturday 10th July
    Take That 2 Tribute Act
    Lemar

All these above acts are free, and are on the towns Tuesday Market Place.

There is also free childrens entertainment around the town centre.

This year we are celebrating 25 years of free entertainment.

There will be people in the crowd with buckets collecting donations, if you have had a good evening, please help keep all these great events free and put some coins or paper in the buckets.

Please see out webite www. festivaltoo.co.uk

Thanks
  • JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What a load of rubbish!
    Thought there would be some decent music festivals there for people under 90, but just old age pensioner ones
    You obviously haven't looked close enough or are just making assumptions based on names.
  • mcmush
    mcmush Posts: 4 Newbie
    Free entry and parking at Bromsgrove Carnival. Weekend of 10-11 July.
    Normally a main stage and a bandstand with live music both days, they say there will be 10 hours worth this year, mainly local bands but nothing seems confirmed on the website yet.

Probably be a good distraction from all the world cup stuff, although the matches are in the evenings so wont be missing anything when England make it to the final!!

Search Bromsgrove Carnival via your favourite search engine for the website and the facebook.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback