Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • zehua
    • By zehua 22nd Oct 19, 3:04 AM
    • 35Posts
    • 3Thanks
    zehua
    Seeking suggestions for everyone's radiator brand
    • 22nd Oct 19, 3:04 AM
    Seeking suggestions for everyone's radiator brand 22nd Oct 19 at 3:04 AM
    I want to buy a few sets of home radiators recently, but I don't know which brand is better. Do you have any suggestions? thanks guys
Page 1
    • juraj.kecso
    • By juraj.kecso 22nd Oct 19, 8:16 AM
    • 38 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    juraj.kecso
    • 22nd Oct 19, 8:16 AM
    • 22nd Oct 19, 8:16 AM
    Hi, this depends on what type of radiator you want, design, colour etc.

I recently bought the plain white Kudox from Screwfix and am quite happy. Very good value for money and currently offering TRV for less than a fiver with every radiator.
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 22nd Oct 19, 9:26 AM
    • 13,715 Posts
    • 10,245 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 22nd Oct 19, 9:26 AM
    • 22nd Oct 19, 9:26 AM
    I have Myson radiators throughout when I had mine upgraded about 10 years ago, not had any issues. Stelrad are the other big, popular name.
    • zehua
    • By zehua 22nd Oct 19, 9:54 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    zehua
    • 22nd Oct 19, 9:54 AM
    • 22nd Oct 19, 9:54 AM
    Thank you, but I can't find the radiator of Stelrad in Google Shopping.
    • dunroving
    • By dunroving 22nd Oct 19, 10:04 AM
    • 1,573 Posts
    • 1,117 Thanks
    dunroving
    • 22nd Oct 19, 10:04 AM
    • 22nd Oct 19, 10:04 AM
    Originally posted by zehua
    Just type it into the address bar and type .com after the name.

They have good summary tables of sizes and BTUs of each type of radiator - and prices, so you can essentially at least see which are more expensive than others.
    (Nearly) dunroving
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 22nd Oct 19, 10:16 AM
    • 13,715 Posts
    • 10,245 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 22nd Oct 19, 10:16 AM
    • 22nd Oct 19, 10:16 AM
    I suggest you try again, or simply put it in the standard google search.
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 22nd Oct 19, 10:42 AM
    • 29,826 Posts
    • 102,949 Thanks
    Davesnave
    • 22nd Oct 19, 10:42 AM
    • 22nd Oct 19, 10:42 AM
    You pay a lot more for 'designer' radiators, but any on offer through the usual outlets should meet standards. It's more what people do with radiators that determines their lifespan, and sometimes what they don't do too.

For example, some people never top up their corrosion inhibitor, don't have or clean the filter in the system or site radiators in damp bathrooms, all of which will have some effect on longevity.

And if you can't find a brand on Google shopping, that's maybe because they only supply proper builders' and plumbers' merchants, which is not a bad thing.
    Things are more like they are right now than they've ever been.

• king132
    • By king132 22nd Oct 19, 11:35 AM
    • 77 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    king132
    • 22nd Oct 19, 11:35 AM
    • 22nd Oct 19, 11:35 AM
    Quinn Hi Lo radiators!

Low water content Radiator made by Quinn (Barlo). These radiators hold less water which means, quicker heat up times. Thinner casings so heat transfer is much quicker.

The less volume of water in a System fitted with these radiators will mean savings all round as the Boiler has less work to do. These radiators kick and cost less than Myson, Stelrad, Heatline , kudos, Delongi.
    • zehua
    • By zehua 23rd Oct 19, 2:40 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    zehua
    • 23rd Oct 19, 2:40 AM
    • 23rd Oct 19, 2:40 AM
    thank you, friend. Your evaluation is comprehensive
    • zehua
    • By zehua 23rd Oct 19, 2:50 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    zehua
    How did you respond to someone's information? I can't seem to reply to someone.
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 23rd Oct 19, 6:51 AM
    • 29,826 Posts
    • 102,949 Thanks
    Davesnave
    How did you respond to someone's information? I can't seem to reply to someone.
    You press 'quote,' under that person's comment, which opens a reply box with the comment already written. You then respond directly to it underneath.

Someone's comments in the reply box may be edited, as in any word processing program, so long as the bits in brackets at the beginning and end are retained.
    Things are more like they are right now than they've ever been.

• zehua
    • By zehua 23rd Oct 19, 7:24 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    zehua
    You press 'quote,' under that person's comment, which opens a reply box with the comment already written. You then respond directly to it underneath.

Someone's comments in the reply box may be edited, as in any word processing program, so long as the bits in brackets at the beginning and end are retained.
    Originally posted by Davesnave
    Oh, I seem to understand.
    • zehua
    • By zehua 23rd Oct 19, 7:26 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    zehua
    Quinn Hi Lo radiators!

Low water content Radiator made by Quinn (Barlo). These radiators hold less water which means, quicker heat up times. Thinner casings so heat transfer is much quicker.

The less volume of water in a System fitted with these radiators will mean savings all round as the Boiler has less work to do. These radiators kick and cost less than Myson, Stelrad, Heatline , kudos, Delongi.
    Originally posted by king132
    Thank you for your suggestion, I will consider it carefully.
    • FreeBear
    • By FreeBear 23rd Oct 19, 10:31 AM
    • 3,238 Posts
    • 4,193 Thanks
    FreeBear
    Quinn Hi Lo radiators!

These radiators hold less water which means, quicker heat up times. Thinner casings so heat transfer is much quicker.
    Originally posted by king132
    Lower water volumes may be a good thing, but thinner materials in the construction means they will rust through quicker. A thicker construction will last much longer, and heat transfer rates are not significantly lower. Smaller water volumes and thinner construction also means the system will cool down quicker.

For my money, Kudox Premium range from Screwfix when they have their special offer price reductions with "free" TRV kits. Replaced most of the 1970s radiators here with the Kudox ones and found it well worth while. A smaller radiator for the same heat output, and much better looking.

One tip - Insulate all the pipes running under the floorboards - No point in heating a space that you can't use.
    Last edited by FreeBear; 23-10-2019 at 10:34 AM.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
    • zehua
    • By zehua 25th Oct 19, 6:50 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    zehua
    Lower water volumes may be a good thing, but thinner materials in the construction means they will rust through quicker. A thicker construction will last much longer, and heat transfer rates are not significantly lower. Smaller water volumes and thinner construction also means the system will cool down quicker.

For my money, Kudox Premium range from Screwfix when they have their special offer price reductions with "free" TRV kits. Replaced most of the 1970s radiators here with the Kudox ones and found it well worth while. A smaller radiator for the same heat output, and much better looking.

One tip - Insulate all the pipes running under the floorboards - No point in heating a space that you can't use.
    Originally posted by FreeBear
    Oh! You are very professional
    You can tell a lot about somebody,looking him in the eyes.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

111Posts Today

1,973Users online

Martin's Twitter