Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cottons_Girl
    • By Cottons_Girl 2nd Oct 19, 5:38 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Cottons_Girl
    Draft Defence Statement for checking please
    • 2nd Oct 19, 5:38 PM
    Draft Defence Statement for checking please 2nd Oct 19 at 5:38 PM
    PLEASE READ THE BOTTOM OF THIS THREAD for my final draft defence based on all feedback received and reading the newest guidance and NEWBIES thread. Feedback welcome and thanks for everyone who has supported and responded so far

I've tried to delete my old comments to save confusion and left out the official format (defendant/claimant) just for copy and paste ease, so my details are not included.
    Last edited by Cottons_Girl; 20-10-2019 at 4:21 PM.
Page 2
    • Cottons_Girl
    • By Cottons_Girl 20th Oct 19, 5:47 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Cottons_Girl
    That's about the right length. EVERY paragraph needs a number. Are points 1, 2 & 3 still in use on Bargepole's concise defences? I thought he had shortened it.
    Originally posted by Le_Kirk
    Thanks. Iíll number the first 2 points. I did use and reference Bargepoleís points but these are just more specific to my case as I recieved Ďdetailedí PoC after the initial claim form and I really wanted to drive home how Practice Direction hasnít been followed in hope it results in CEL withdrawing their claim as they and the judge will know they havenít adhered or followed protocol. Hence I added more detail to be specific to my case!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Oct 19, 11:34 PM
    • 78,044 Posts
    • 91,593 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I'd remove all this from #10, not needed:

(a) If the claimant wishes to take legal action on any outstanding parking charges, they must ensure that they have the written authority of the landowner (or their appointed agent) prior to legal action being taken.
    (b) The written authorisation for that time must also set out.
    (i) The definition of the land on which they operate, so that the boundaries of the land can be clearly defined.
    (ii) Any conditions or restrictions on parking control and enforcement operations, including any restrictions on hours of operation.
    (iii) Any conditions or restrictions on the types of vehicles that may, or may not, be subject to parking control and enforcement.
    (iv) Who has the responsibility for putting up and maintaining signs?
    (v) The definition of the services provided by each party to the agreement.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,732Posts Today

6,861Users online

Martin's Twitter