Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Spotty100
    • By Spotty100 19th Mar 19, 6:11 PM
    • 92Posts
    • 32Thanks
    Spotty100
    Caught by diet pill scam
    • 19th Mar 19, 6:11 PM
    Caught by diet pill scam 19th Mar 19 at 6:11 PM
    My wife unfortunately didn't exercise enough caution when she accepted a "Free Trial" of diet pills. Once they arrived she examined the paperwork, found it unreasonable and then tried to return the pills by phoning the number given. No answer - just a recording.

Cutting a long story short, I now know this is a scam which has been running for many years and is connected with an address in Shannon, Co Clare. Can anyone assist with contacting the company now so that we can end the contract and prevent any hassle in future?

We have already contacted the bank, Consumerline and Action Fraud and are at little risk but it pays to have a safety net.

From the information I can gather this scammer is listed in Panama and has been fined multiple times by the consumer protection agencies of several companies. This time they're trading under "Pure Cleanse Premium" and Pure Keto Premium".

I'd be grateful for any help.
Page 1
    • mar14
    • By mar14 20th Mar 19, 3:25 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mar14
    • 20th Mar 19, 3:25 PM
    • 20th Mar 19, 3:25 PM
    Hi I have been caught by this too. done all of the above but they say i have opted in so can not escape.
    Ive not recieved the pills yet.
    I have asked them not to send anything to me and they are refusing
    I never gave out any bank details but they have gained this through facebook and i never opted in in the first place.
    action fraud took a report but where not very helpful as they said that someone must have hacked my account but i needed evidence of this.
    there is no way to contact facebook and i cant see evidence of a hack

please can someone advise ,me

thank you
    • Spotty100
    • By Spotty100 20th Mar 19, 3:43 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    Spotty100
    • 20th Mar 19, 3:43 PM
    • 20th Mar 19, 3:43 PM
    Hi I have been caught by this too. done all of the above but they say i have opted in so can not escape.
    Ive not recieved the pills yet.
    I have asked them not to send anything to me and they are refusing
    I never gave out any bank details but they have gained this through facebook and i never opted in in the first place.
    action fraud took a report but where not very helpful as they said that someone must have hacked my account but i needed evidence of this.
    there is no way to contact facebook and i cant see evidence of a hack

please can someone advise ,me

thank you
    Originally posted by mar14
    Your bank is your first port of call. Speak to the disputes branch and they will advise you.

In the interim some information has been made available to me.

The contact numbers are:

0300 222 0000 (suspect - in that it's too obvious) *Edit* I have now discovered that is the number for the UK passport office.
    0203 808 7366

The return address is: Customer Returns, PO Box 455, Ruislip HA4 6HH.

According to them and other internet posts I've seen you need an RMA No (their designation) for each item you are returning and you must advise them of the tracking number for the parcel before they will close the account and stop taking payments.

Last edited by Spotty100; 20-03-2019 at 6:02 PM.
    • mar14
    • By mar14 20th Mar 19, 5:38 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mar14
    • 20th Mar 19, 5:38 PM
    • 20th Mar 19, 5:38 PM
    Thank you for the advice, have you received a package yet? Was it signed delivery? Thinking of not accepting it you see. And also is there a cost to sending it back if you have?
    Are we required to send back if we have not requested it in the first place?
    • Spotty100
    • By Spotty100 20th Mar 19, 6:01 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    Spotty100
    • 20th Mar 19, 6:01 PM
    • 20th Mar 19, 6:01 PM
    Yes we received the package. It wasn't signed for afaik. I'm in the process of returning it.
    • Snowedunder
    • By Snowedunder 23rd May 19, 1:31 PM
    • 193 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    Snowedunder
    • 23rd May 19, 1:31 PM
    • 23rd May 19, 1:31 PM
    Just jumping in here - my sister, trying to help me lose weight to help me qualify for spinal surgery, was taken in by all the hype and order 5 bottles at a cost of £150, we received the items, and then I read all the info as the name worried me being diabetic. Had to wait 3 weeks to see my GP who said I should in no way take these pills. As none had been opened I typed an explanatory letter which I enclosed within the parcel and sent to their returns address by Insured postage.

Next day my sister received a curt e -mail telling she would not be getting any of her money back as she had not requested a R M A. end of........... earlier, a few hours, she received a cancellation e-mail cancelling her order and saying no further money would be taken from her account. This was a one off order, but they were going to take money on a monthly basis!

We replied, to the effect, well I am requesting the RMA now by e mail as requested, and you can then apply to the returned items.

Today, sorry it doesn't work like that you are NOT getting your money back!!

The items were returned to Bootle, UK. paid for with a debit card, yes I know I have tried to tell her in the past to use her credit card.

So, firstly, buyer beware, and secondly is there any way short of Small Claims of getting her money back?
    • lisyloo
    • By lisyloo 23rd May 19, 2:49 PM
    • 25,520 Posts
    • 13,699 Thanks
    lisyloo
    • 23rd May 19, 2:49 PM
    • 23rd May 19, 2:49 PM
    Just jumping in here - my sister, trying to help me lose weight to help me qualify for spinal surgery, was taken in by all the hype and order 5 bottles at a cost of £150, we received the items, and then I read all the info as the name worried me being diabetic. Had to wait 3 weeks to see my GP who said I should in no way take these pills. As none had been opened I typed an explanatory letter which I enclosed within the parcel and sent to their returns address by Insured postage.

Next day my sister received a curt e -mail telling she would not be getting any of her money back as she had not requested a R M A. end of........... earlier, a few hours, she received a cancellation e-mail cancelling her order and saying no further money would be taken from her account. This was a one off order, but they were going to take money on a monthly basis!

We replied, to the effect, well I am requesting the RMA now by e mail as requested, and you can then apply to the returned items.

Today, sorry it doesn't work like that you are NOT getting your money back!!

The items were returned to Bootle, UK. paid for with a debit card, yes I know I have tried to tell her in the past to use her credit card.

So, firstly, buyer beware, and secondly is there any way short of Small Claims of getting her money back?
    Originally posted by Snowedunder
    Was is sent back within the timeframe for distance selling regulations.
    If so has she tried a chargeback with her debit card bank.
    • Snowedunder
    • By Snowedunder 23rd May 19, 2:58 PM
    • 193 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    Snowedunder
    • 23rd May 19, 2:58 PM
    • 23rd May 19, 2:58 PM
    Yes, they are not disputing that at all, just that she did not get the RMA, Not sure is this would work with a chargeback, this is usually only Credit Cards?

Tried Resolver but they do not have this company on the system, so nothing there. We do not want to go in 'too heavy' with threats etc. We are not sure where this RMA requirement is listed as we cannot see it on the order e mail, and nothing came with the tablets, like an invoice, instructions etc. I personally have never come across this before. Surely they cannot just say, we have received your returned goods, in time and in tact, but tough luck, we will just hang on to your items (and probably sell them again) and get a double profit,can it really be that easy to literally steal money from customers? Should I try Trading Standards, or just go straight for small claims.
    • Kathrync
    • By Kathrync 10th Sep 19, 9:20 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kathrync
    • 10th Sep 19, 9:20 PM
    • 10th Sep 19, 9:20 PM
    What address did you send your pills back to. My credit card company stopped them trying to take more money so I don't need to worry.
    I am never going to believe any advert on Instagram that is an advert but I don't know how to stop them coming up.
    I can't believe these companies taking the mickey out of us.
    Very annoyed.
    • Spotty100
    • By Spotty100 11th Sep 19, 2:26 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    Spotty100
    I'm so sorry but I can't remember where I returned these goods to. Somewhere innocuous in the south of England is all I remember.
    • Alison Curtis
    • By Alison Curtis 1st Oct 19, 5:52 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Alison Curtis
    Hello.
    Ive been a bit slow to the party! But I’ve also been caught by this scam.
    Paid £4.93 for 14 day trial. Company ‘Pure Keto Premium’ are claiming 14 day trial started when order was placed. Product didn’t arrive until 19 days after I placed the order. By which time my bank had been charged another £59.99!
    Bank have put a stop on the payment, and company have agreed that my subscription is cancelled. But they still state I owe them £59.99, and won’t give me an address to send them back.
    Any body got any ideas? Thanks
    • ValMM341
    • By ValMM341 2nd Oct 19, 5:14 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ValMM341
    Keto - Friendly Fraud
    Hi Alison, I’m ashamed to say that I also have been caught out. I ordered a trial sample of Pure Keto Premium agreeing to pay for P&P. Didn’t receive anything for over a week then went on holiday for 3 weeks. The emails started while away asking why my bank hadn’t processed the new payments of £59.99 and £55.80. I replied saying I hadn’t a clue what they were talking about! More emails finally agreeing to close the account if I return the 2 new bottles of Keto Premium and Cleanse (?). I returned from holiday last night and do have 2 containers of capsules but no initial trial sample! Meanwhile I asked the Royal Mail guy about the RMA number to return the products and he said he’d never seen one like that! I have an address but refuse to pay P&P for something I haven’t ordered. Meanwhile, I’ve cancelled my credit card with the bank today and they can raise a dispute on another amount of £4.91 to a Dhaircs.com(?). I have an address from them and a telephone number if you want it but I’ve simply emailed them with my queries. Good luck.
    Last edited by ValMM341; 04-10-2019 at 12:08 AM.
    • carlmeyer
    • By carlmeyer 3rd Oct 19, 10:20 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    carlmeyer
    I hope you all get this sorted! I haven't been caught by them, but I'm sure I would have at some point if I hadn't read your comments first. So thank you all for sharing your experiences!
    • ValMM341
    • By ValMM341 18th Oct 19, 6:08 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ValMM341
    HELP!
    Hi! I'm here again and after advice.

In brief: I (foolishly) paid for P&P for a 14 day trial of Keto Pure about 8 weeks ago but also ended up paying, unknowingly, for P&P for a 14 day trial of the Pure Cleanse as well.

I was sent 2 tubs of 60 Keto tablets (Pure Premium and Pure Cleanse) several weeks ago while on holiday. The company tried to debit me with the full cost of the 2 tubs of tablets £59.99 and £55.80 while still on holiday but my Bank intercepted the payments and blocked them. I cancelled my bank credit card so they couldn't send any further payments. So far so good. I'd only lost 2 lots of P&P. Several weeks on, I am receiving emails every day telling me to return the 2 tubs of tablets and they will close my account. (Note, I have paid as a free trial for 14 days of the tablets so would be returning the remaining 16 days n each tub.

I packaged the 2 tubs and took to the post office but the RMA numbers they sent me are not for free delivery. Cost would be over £7 to return. I have emailed the company several times requesting a free return slip but they say that I must return the products 'at my expense' within 7 days or I will be billed.

My question to you is- should I pay for something I did not request (ie the extra 16 days tablets) and I certainly did not request the Pure Cleanse at all. I did not agree to any terms and conditions when I placed the initial order in August.

Thank you for any advice. This is becoming stressful.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 19th Oct 19, 3:18 PM
    • 34,974 Posts
    • 29,629 Thanks
    custardy
    HELP!
    Hi! I'm here again and after advice.

In brief: I (foolishly) paid for P&P for a 14 day trial of Keto Pure about 8 weeks ago but also ended up paying, unknowingly, for P&P for a 14 day trial of the Pure Cleanse as well.

I was sent 2 tubs of 60 Keto tablets (Pure Premium and Pure Cleanse) several weeks ago while on holiday. The company tried to debit me with the full cost of the 2 tubs of tablets £59.99 and £55.80 while still on holiday but my Bank intercepted the payments and blocked them. I cancelled my bank credit card so they couldn't send any further payments. So far so good. I'd only lost 2 lots of P&P. Several weeks on, I am receiving emails every day telling me to return the 2 tubs of tablets and they will close my account. (Note, I have paid as a free trial for 14 days of the tablets so would be returning the remaining 16 days n each tub.

I packaged the 2 tubs and took to the post office but the RMA numbers they sent me are not for free delivery. Cost would be over £7 to return. I have emailed the company several times requesting a free return slip but they say that I must return the products 'at my expense' within 7 days or I will be billed.

My question to you is- should I pay for something I did not request (ie the extra 16 days tablets) and I certainly did not request the Pure Cleanse at all. I did not agree to any terms and conditions when I placed the initial order in August.

Thank you for any advice. This is becoming stressful.
    Originally posted by ValMM341
    Honestly I do wonder sometimes.
    Why would an RMA number cover postage?
    Do you really expect free returns with these types of companies?

Do you even have a link to the site you bought from?
    • ValMM341
    • By ValMM341 19th Oct 19, 11:32 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ValMM341
    Dear Custardy,
    I made a mistake. Iíve admitted that. Iíd never heard of an RMA number until it was mentioned in an email. I donít need a link to the web site. I initially paid by credit card which is now cancelled as stated. Thank you for your advice.
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 20th Oct 19, 12:54 AM
    • 3,907 Posts
    • 4,215 Thanks
    LadyDee
    Isn't it a pity that people who fall for these scams and spend their hard-earned on "goodness knows what is in them pills", don't do their googling beforehand.

These pills are rubbish, they don't work, they could be dangerous. If you lose your money then just be thankful you haven't swallowed these things. If they worked, they'd be available on prescription, given how obsessed the NHS is with getting people to eat less or more healthy food, get more exercise.

A friend of mine suffered complete kidney failure after falling for this type of scam, not only did it cost her a fortune in dangerous pills, her subsequent treatment on the NHS over some 15 years has cost a huge amount (think dialysis several times a week, multiple hospital admissions, etc. etc. etc.) and finally, her recent death.

It is an absolute disgrace that these things are even allowed to be advertised and imported into this country.
    • Boodies01
    • By Boodies01 21st Oct 19, 1:41 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Boodies01
    I got these keto tablets on a free trial, only 1 bottle and paying £3.99 for delivery. I have now been charged £89!!!! ��������
    I have the delivery note with just a phone number on and no address!! I’ve been ringing and ringing with no answer. Help!! I need this money back!
    • ValMM341
    • By ValMM341 21st Oct 19, 10:41 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ValMM341
    Hi Boodies01,
    Blimey, they’re not even consistent with the price. Pure Keto Premium debited me £59.99 (but also £55 for the Pure Cleanse I didn’t order). Did you pay by credit card? You should be able to ‘raise a dispute’ with your bank to get a refund. My bank blocked the payments. The number I’ve got is: +44 2038087366 although I haven’t rang them. I’m still communicating by email with info@pureketopremium.com.
    Good luck!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,100Posts Today

6,880Users online

Martin's Twitter