Best lottery to win £100,000

Hello. I've just been trying to find which lottery game has the best chances of winning £100,000? Going for hundreds of millions seems pointless: the odds are tiny. At least going for a smaller amount could be life changing with a remote chance of winning.

Comments

• This is a money saving site so you're not going to get glowing references for paid for lotteries.

However this does look a bit like a spam set up post (apologies if i'm wrong)

Most on here would suggest you stick to the free lotteries/comps
    e.g pickmypostcode in the hope that you win money for nothing

Ash xxx
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 8 December 2020 at 12:43AM
    As suggested free sites are best but also lotto sites usually give the worst return for the actual odds on significant prizes both because the returns are usually skewed in favour of pretty meaningless small prizes and they pay chunks of money to charity.

As to the Hotpicks advice run a mile from it and I would never trust a site that recommends it

Hotpicks odds are 834,398 to 1 which pays £350,000 (prize below that is only £13,000)
  • wdywuk
    wdywuk Posts: 5,361 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I suggest you try betting sites which give a higher return on top prizes than lotteries or matches the jackpot prizes.

In either case its still a long shot. Ur better off becoming a metal detective and finding a hoard of loot.
  • hwg3141
    hwg3141 Posts: 625 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    There are plenty of competitions in the forum that have decent prizes :-)
    Latest wins: November: Samsung A51 Phone, Blu-ray, Cocktail Kit, ACDC CD, £5 ITV Winsday, Gin Discovery Box || October: Cookbook, Blu-ray, Kombucha and Shrub Drinks || September: Nothing || August: Official Aston Villa Shirt, Romantic Poets Stamp Set, James Bond Stamp Set || July: Big Blu-ray Bundle || June: £27 Amazon, £30 Mindful Chef, Horror DVD, 2 Pens || May: Charlie Bigham Meal, £40 Virgin Experience Days Voucher, £5 x 2 (ITV Winsday) || April: Cakes & Cookbook, £40 Just Eat || March: £50 Amazon || February: T-Shirt, Pendant & Earrings || December: £25 Netflix || November: £25 Amazon || October: £50 Haribo Bundle || September: £50 Amazon
  • seb345
    seb345 Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    there are actually a lot of those but they usually are free so you don't invest anything tho I'm not sure you will find the jackpot to be quite as high
  • oliveoyl
    oliveoyl Posts: 3,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    :spam: Incoming
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure