* Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas * - It's the 2019 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    I tend to do my wrapping in early December so the pressies can go round the tree. Might be different this year as I’ve recently got two very inquisitive kittens (aka the hooligans) so I don’t think anything will be safe if it’s accessible. I like to get wrapped early so I can relax but DD2 always prevents that by arriving to stay on Christmas Eve with all DGD’s pressies still to be wrapped!

Ew GTQ that sounds horrible, hope you’re well and truly on the mend.

Loving everyone’s Christmas chat, sorry I’m not joining in more but Mum has been in hospital for six weeks and has just moved to a nursing home so it’s all a bit mind numbing at the moment. Catching up with all that you’re up to is keeping me festive though.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • GTQ - Hope you feel better soon
    Peppa - Sorry to hear about your DM. A difficult time for you and the family, I'm sure.

I've drawn my Step-Bro in our secret santa. He lives in South Korea and is a nightmare to buy for at the best of times. Budgets £20, not included P&P. I'm stuck. Clothes seems too easy.
  • Hi

I think im in the wrong place!

Is there a Christmas hamper thread for 2019?
  • Peppapig
    Forumite
    Hi FRANKY, there used to be a couple of threads especially for hampers with lots of lovely pictures but they don’t seem to be available any more. I tend not to venture off this thread much so there could be some new ones that I’ve just not found. If you give us an idea of the sort of hampers you want to do, or the people you want to do them for, I’m sure you’ll get lots of ideas on this thread, I think most of us have done hampers in the past or still do them.
  • rainbow_791
    rainbow_791 Posts: 1,539
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hi, love this thread and thought it was time to join in. I've made a good start on presents this year but struggling with the men and what to buy them. I think I am going to get OH something for his computer but stuck on my dad - thinking a hamper but no idea what, I have made a start with toffee vodka but struggling after that. Any ideas for awkward men would be amazing

Hopefully going to start wrapping this weekend - the most exciting time of the year!!
  • Hi, I’ve had a quick read back but don’t have time to comment on everything I want to or do a proper post. Christmas plans steadily coming along here!

Stirchley gosh that must have been scary with the carbon monoxide alarm! I’m glad they got someone out to you quickly. We have one so it would probably be good to check on it. Thanks for the reminder!

Beshki do you think your Grandma might appreciate a gift to charity in her name? There are lots of things out there where you can buy ‘gifts’ such as a goat for a family etc or send a child to school for a month, I’m thinking of doing that this year for my husband’s Grandma as she sounds in a similar situation to yours. Last year we had a tree dedicated to her in the local forest centre which she loved.
  • aimeemum
    aimeemum Posts: 687
    Forumite
    Got my next lot of supplies to go in my stash.....A spiced apple scent candle to go in my Advent box, chocolate tree decorations, a box of stuffing mix for Christmas dinner and a box of Gingerbread flavour matchmakers.....they're all for me!! Very happy to get some more things ticked off my list :D
    Changing my Family's Future!! - Starting again!!!!
    Current Progress -
    Debt - Start date 31/8/22 = £7,252.78
    Savings 31/8/22 - £0
    plus £1000 EF - £0/£1000 = 0%
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,010
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Gtq hope your are feeling better stomach bugs are the worst and it can take a while to feel back to normal

Peppa sorry to hear about your mum must have been a worrying few weeks

Tesco express had the galaxy selection packs 1/2 price £1.50(still full price online) so picked up a few as at that price they are actually worth it as you get 6 full size items. They may not actually make it till xmas though ;)

Ds hoodie I ordered from china came and I was actually pretty impressed with the quality. I ordered a Large and its a good fit for a uk small so ds will be very happy.

Got taz a xmas minecraft jumper from primark its not overly xmas themed so he should get plenty of wear out of it. Also got him minecraft fleece pj's, dressing gown and slippers for the xmas box I usually get xmas ones but the ones I got him last year still fit.

Was browsing the dunlem site and I really like the wicker tree skirts they have also got my eye on the teddy bear bedding they do so looking out for any offers/discount codes

Hoping to get to home bargains soon as haven't been for ages anyone know if they have much xmas stock in yet?
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • Peppapig
    Forumite
    edited 24 October 2019 at 10:37PM
    MANDCO our HB has got quite a big selection of Christmas things out already although I suspect they may add more once the Halloween stuff is out of the way next week.
  • I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,290
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    Senior Ambassador
    edited 27 October 2019 at 8:54AM
    In preparation for Christmas. Today I will be making my Christmas Cake. I am making a slightly smaller one than I usually do. There are only two of us at present here over Christmas.
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure