Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stu_the_blue
    • By stu_the_blue 11th Oct 19, 1:33 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    stu_the_blue
    0 WOW
    When to book holiday abroad for 2020?
    • 11th Oct 19, 1:33 AM
    0 WOW
    When to book holiday abroad for 2020? 11th Oct 19 at 1:33 AM
    Hi all

We're looking at booking a 7 night family holiday to Majorca in June 2020 but are not sure when is the best time to book. Since the Thomas Cook collapse prices have gone up by around 300-400. Is it best to book now in case prices continue to go up or is it best to wait until later in the year when prices may begin to settle?

We would be grateful for any advice or suggestions.
    many thanks
    Stuart
Page 1
    • stephb34
    • By stephb34 11th Oct 19, 7:52 AM
    • 2,034 Posts
    • 936 Thanks
    stephb34
    • 11th Oct 19, 7:52 AM
    • 11th Oct 19, 7:52 AM
    I'd hang fire. Hays travel are reopening all the Thomas Cook shops asap. People are rushing to rebook so the prices have risen.
    January is when travel agents have all their offers on for the summer, but you could look in December as its quiet in travel because everyone is busy with Christmas shopping.
    Have a look now so you have some idea and keep an eye on the price.
    • travellerboy
    • By travellerboy 21st Oct 19, 4:50 PM
    • 785 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    travellerboy
    • 21st Oct 19, 4:50 PM
    • 21st Oct 19, 4:50 PM
    I would book independently and get good travel insurance with End Supplier Failure included. Try www.stayforlong.co.uk their prices for Spain are normally the best. Then choose Easyjet or Ryanair to get you there, the earlier you book the better normally.
    • TELLIT01
    • By TELLIT01 21st Oct 19, 6:43 PM
    • 7,203 Posts
    • 7,818 Thanks
    TELLIT01
    • 21st Oct 19, 6:43 PM
    • 21st Oct 19, 6:43 PM
    If there was an easy answer to that question everybody would do the same thing. All I can say is that one holiday I was looking at went up about 100 per person after the TC crash and has since dropped back by about 50 per person.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,446Posts Today

8,111Users online

Martin's Twitter