Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • However
    • By However 21st Oct 19, 2:53 PM
    • 33Posts
    • 18Thanks
    However
    Trustcard abandons Rewards
    • 21st Oct 19, 2:53 PM
    Trustcard abandons Rewards 21st Oct 19 at 2:53 PM
    Heads up: just received notification that all Rewards points will be voided 24 Jan 2020. Since the scheme has been effectively unusable in its present form for years, it is virtually impossible, if not actually impossible, for me to redeem them in time. Thus their worth to me - approx 723 - will beome 0.

The letter came from Lloyd's Head of Customer Engagement. Well, they haven't engaged with me, and they haven't offered any compensation for their cavalier attitude. I have gone through my paperwork and there is nothing I can find that states Rewards have a finite life - the inference being that there is no limit and that they have a worth. If Lloyds unilaterally void these Rewards without any offer of compensation, can I sue for mis-selling?
Page 1
    • molerat
    • By molerat 21st Oct 19, 3:18 PM
    • 21,525 Posts
    • 15,780 Thanks
    molerat
    • 21st Oct 19, 3:18 PM
    • 21st Oct 19, 3:18 PM
    No doubt there will be a condition somewhere that they can end the promotion by giving you notice. They are not unilaterally voiding them, they are giving you notice that you need to redeem them before they end the programme. The points are not worthless, well, no more worthless than they have ever been. It has always been a bit of a con as you can easily get 10% off vouchers anyway. Can't believe there are people out there that still have a Trustcard !
    Last edited by molerat; 21-10-2019 at 3:24 PM.
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,032Posts Today

7,882Users online

Martin's Twitter