Conveyancing cost sanity check

Options
2»

Comments

• teamgb
    teamgb Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I completed on a leasehold Flat with a Garage plus a freehold garden area on Friday. We had number of complications which made extra work for the local solicitor I used. This is the breakdown of my final bill received yesterday.

Cost of the Purchase 425.83.
    Reporting on searches 36.67.
    Bank transfer 30.00.
    Search fees 108.33.
    Official copy document 3.00.
    OS1 search 3.00.
    Total 606.83.
    VAT 120.17.
    Paid 727.00.

Plus HMLR fee 95.00.
  • zesh90x
    zesh90x Posts: 71 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 October 2019 at 12:37PM
    Options
    In a similar situation having made a purchase through purple bricks.

They initially quoted £1600 for myself too, after getting on the phone and telling them I've had a better deal they offered to reduce it to £1441.80, but even then I managed to get a conveyancer who agreed to £1139, and has provided a solid service so far and has good reviews online.

They aren't local to me but they've done a perfect job so far, happy to put you in touch if you like.

Having done some research I decided to not go with purplebricks conveyancers as the feedback didn't appear to be too positive.

Good luck! :cool:
  • disciple432
    disciple432 Posts: 22 Forumite
    edited 21 October 2019 at 1:21PM
    Options
    zesh90x wrote: »
    In a similar situation having made a purchase through purple bricks.

They initially quoted £1600 for myself too, after getting on the phone and telling them I've had a better deal they offered to reduce it to £1441.80, but even then I managed to get a conveyancer who agreed to £1139, and has provided a solid service so far and has good reviews online.

They aren't local to me but they've done a perfect job so far, happy to put you in touch if you like.

Having done some research I decided to not go with purplebricks conveyancers as the feedback didn't appear to be too positive.

Good luck! :cool:

Similar.

Phone round today, my local solicitor quoted £1190.40, fixed everything included, and very similar to your quote it seems.

I have no idea if the Purple Bricks recommendation would do a good job or not but this local one has a good reputation and it's nearly £500 cheaper. So probably going to just go with them.

Thanks for the advice all. :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport