Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dialdfordave
    • By dialdfordave 13th Oct 19, 7:24 PM
    • 61Posts
    • 14Thanks
    dialdfordave
    0 WOW
    Do I have to accept alternative flight?
    • 13th Oct 19, 7:24 PM
    0 WOW
    Do I have to accept alternative flight? 13th Oct 19 at 7:24 PM
    Hi all

I've spent some considerable time on Google but I have not found the answer to my specific question.

I have a package holiday booked, which originally included a return flight with Thomas Cook.The agent has (without any prior contact with us) replaced the original Thomas Cook flight with an EasyJet flight (due to Thomas Cook going bust) which does not fit in with our other arrangements, as it leaves almost 4 hours later and creates significant inconvenience for us.

My question is basically, do I have to accept this flight or do I have the right to a refund?

Cheers
    Dave
Page 5
    • mgdavid
    • By mgdavid 18th Oct 19, 5:31 PM
    • 6,311 Posts
    • 5,745 Thanks
    mgdavid
    Have I missed something here then?
    Originally posted by bradders1983

possibly another case of OP doesn't get the answers he wants so goes away....
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
    • dialdfordave
    • By dialdfordave 19th Oct 19, 2:45 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    dialdfordave
    possibly another case of OP doesn't get the answers he wants so goes away....
    Originally posted by mgdavid
    I'm sorry, I didn't realise I had a contractual obligation to maintain the conversation.
    • CardinalWolsey
    • By CardinalWolsey 21st Oct 19, 9:46 AM
    • 551 Posts
    • 553 Thanks
    CardinalWolsey
    People on this board like to get a reply in a timely manner. If they don't get a reply within 4 hours, some members think the whole thread should be locked. More reasonable members accept replies anything up to 12 hours after the previous post. Hopefully everyone accepts though delays to comments can happen, and don't plan their lives around immediate responses.
    • Manxman in exile
    • By Manxman in exile 21st Oct 19, 11:06 AM
    • 3,108 Posts
    • 2,931 Thanks
    Manxman in exile
    People on this board like to get a reply in a timely manner. If they don't get a reply within 4 hours, some members think the whole thread should be locked. More reasonable members accept replies anything up to 12 hours after the previous post. Hopefully everyone accepts though delays to comments can happen, and don't plan their lives around immediate responses.
    Originally posted by CardinalWolsey

But waiting that long for a post increases the risk of falling asleep at the keyboard...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,526Posts Today

7,223Users online

Martin's Twitter