Broke toe/s in hotel room...

13»

Comments

• Takmon
    Takmon Posts: 1,738 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You're absolutely right. I wanted to gather opinions. The kind of opinions I expected people to have were the same as mine. I expected people to agree with me that it was indeed not the hotel's fault and that there was no claim to be had.

I did not, however, expect people to not fully read my post and start mouthing off about how I'm apparently blaming the hotel, which is not the case.

What makes you think people didn't read your post?

To allow you to make a claim against the hotel and win then they will have to be liable. If your asking if you can make a claim then your asking if there is a way they can be made liable even if it's not their fault.

Asking if you can get money out of a business when you agree they aren't liable doesn't exactly show you have good intentions.
  • suejb2
    suejb2 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    I took more than a moment to read your full post.

I very highly doubt there's any claim as they weren't at fault! But as I say, just thought I'd gather some opinions.

You don’t like the opinions you asked for, doesn’t make them rude. Couple of options:
    You need a control, book in another hotel, different brand, see if you stub your toes there.
    Never stay in Travelodge or if you do wear steel toe caps.
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
  • Takmon wrote: »
    What makes you think people didn't read your post?

To allow you to make a claim against the hotel and win then they will have to be liable. If your asking if you can make a claim then your asking if there is a way they can be made liable even if it's not their fault.

Asking if you can get money out of a business when you agree they aren't liable doesn't exactly show you have good intentions.

Again, yes, I completely agree. At no point did I say they were liable and thought it was barbaric if you could claim for such a thing. But please do forgive me for acting on a couple of suggestions to at least enquire about it from family and friends.
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Again, yes, I completely agree. At no point did I say they were liable and thought it was barbaric if you could claim for such a thing. But please do forgive me for acting on a couple of suggestions to at least enquire about it from family and friends.

"Barbaric" ! Get a grip.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport