Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • csnann
    • By csnann 20th Oct 19, 6:56 PM
    • 453Posts
    • 414Thanks
    csnann
    Thames Water Changed Account Number
    • 20th Oct 19, 6:56 PM
    Thames Water Changed Account Number 20th Oct 19 at 6:56 PM
    Has anyone else had an email from Thames Water telling them to re register their account because they've been given a new account number? If so, do you need to put your bank details again to st up a Direct Debit?
Page 1
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 20th Oct 19, 7:40 PM
    • 27,994 Posts
    • 13,845 Thanks
    Cardew
    • 20th Oct 19, 7:40 PM
    • 20th Oct 19, 7:40 PM
    Sounds like a scam!

Telephone Thames using the number on your bill.
    • Uxb1
    • By Uxb1 26th Oct 19, 7:21 PM
    • 303 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    Uxb1
    • 26th Oct 19, 7:21 PM
    • 26th Oct 19, 7:21 PM
    On this very rare occasion @Cardew - you are wrong..
    (Only time I'll ever catch you out methinks!)

I got the email from TW to an email address only supplied to TW maybe a few weeks ago.
    I agree the email did not address me by name so its not wonderfully done by TW.
    I double checked by going to my saved login page for TWater - and it no longer exists
    Your current login credentials also do not work on the new login page either if you choose that from the TW home page.

You need to re-register as per the email and the email gave you your new TW account No.
    As part of the registration process you are asked as I recall to supply your address, this new account No and I think something else to ID you of which I chose the last 4 digits of the account No that the DD is taken from.
    Can't remember if they asked to confirm the bill holders name.
    You can if you want use exactly the same email and password on the new site as per the old one.

Now when you have registered - do not attempt to look as your past bills page immediately - you will find they are not there and you will think they have gone missing in the transfer - not so.
    Log out - wait at least 24 hours and then log in again - and you will find all your past bills for the last X (cant' remember) years have now been correctly transferred from the old system and uploaded to the past bills page.

I can only assume all the DD details have been transferred over correctly - my next bill is due in late Nov so I'll be checking it carefully when I get the TW bill ready notification.
    I was not asked to put anything new in other than to confirm details they already had as described above.

Hope this helps....
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 26th Oct 19, 10:49 PM
    • 27,994 Posts
    • 13,845 Thanks
    Cardew
    • 26th Oct 19, 10:49 PM
    • 26th Oct 19, 10:49 PM
    On this very rare occasion @Cardew - you are wrong..
    (Only time I'll ever catch you out methinks!)

Hope this helps....
    Originally posted by Uxb1
    Wow! What a palaver.

In my defence I did say 'Sounds like a SCAM'
    Last edited by Cardew; 27-10-2019 at 12:00 PM.
    • badmemory
    • By badmemory 28th Oct 19, 5:58 AM
    • 2,768 Posts
    • 4,409 Thanks
    badmemory
    • 28th Oct 19, 5:58 AM
    • 28th Oct 19, 5:58 AM
    And still does!! I would be waiting for the letter saying why haven't you paid!
    • cajef
    • By cajef 28th Oct 19, 3:13 PM
    • 5,090 Posts
    • 4,151 Thanks
    cajef
    • 28th Oct 19, 3:13 PM
    • 28th Oct 19, 3:13 PM
    And still does!! I would be waiting for the letter saying why haven't you paid!
    Originally posted by badmemory
    It would appear to have been genuine.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/10/17/phishing_101_click_here_to_reregister/
    Last edited by cajef; 29-10-2019 at 1:21 PM.
    I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

902Posts Today

7,220Users online

Martin's Twitter