0% chance for any card,why??

Options
Hi,

I currently have a tesco credit card with £2k balance. As the 0% offer is now over,I'm looking to transfer the balance. When I typed in my info on MSE I have 0% chance of getting any cards and I don't understand why. I'm scared to actually apply for any incase it affects my credit rating as I'm on my own and going to get a new mortgage on my own in the next couple of months. Any ideas or suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Options
    Personally I ignore the MSE eligibility checker. I find it about as useful as knowing your credit score. ;)

I always use the eligibility checker direct with the card issuers. I know, that as long as I stay on the ER and continue to manage my credit accounts successfully, then there will be a good chance I will have a credit application accepted. :)

Edit: If you are about to apply for a mortgage, then I would not be making other credit applications.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    biomeddna wrote: »
    Any ideas or suggestions welcome.
    Check your credit files via each of the three ratings agencies, to see if there's anything unexpected on there and/or any pointers about how your current financial circumstances might not be seen as ideal. Ignore the scores they provide but review the factual data and any recommendations they make....

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/check-free-credit-report/
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    I don't understand why either and neither could anybody else from the information provided.
  • biomeddna
    Options
    I always use the eligibility checker direct with the card issuers. I know, that as long as I stay on the ER and continue to manage my credit account

What do you mean by this? What is the ER?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Electoral Roll/Register
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You really have noting to lose if yo literally have no chance of getting a card from anyone.

My advice, echoing others on here, is to use lenders soft-checking eligibility calculators and see what they have to say. Even if they aren't completely sure you won't lose much by a couple of hard checks with resultant knockbacks in a 6 month period.

Remember than not applying is a 100% chance of getting knocked back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure