Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • FrankR
    • By FrankR 18th Oct 19, 2:40 PM
    • 110Posts
    • 2Thanks
    FrankR
    UTR number not received
    • 18th Oct 19, 2:40 PM
    UTR number not received 18th Oct 19 at 2:40 PM
    Hello,
    I registered as self employed on October 7th. I was told I would receive my UTR number in the post. Nearly 2 weeks later, I have yet to receive it. Any best guesses as to when it should arrive? I feel like phoning HMRC. Thanks.
Page 1
    • Pennywise
    • By Pennywise 18th Oct 19, 2:59 PM
    • 12,247 Posts
    • 24,293 Thanks
    Pennywise
    • 18th Oct 19, 2:59 PM
    • 18th Oct 19, 2:59 PM
    2 weeks is absolutely nothing in HMRC's "la la" land. I'd allow another couple of weeks at least, and more like another month or two. It'll get done when it reaches the top of the pile. Trying to chase up that kind of thing rarely achieves anything.
    • tebthereb
    • By tebthereb 19th Oct 19, 11:30 AM
    • 152 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    tebthereb
    • 19th Oct 19, 11:30 AM
    • 19th Oct 19, 11:30 AM
    I would call them. The UTR may have been issued but not arrived yet and they are generally more willing to give it over the phone these days to the taxpayer.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

94Posts Today

2,318Users online

Martin's Twitter