Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • confused-dot
    • By confused-dot 18th Oct 19, 2:00 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 5Thanks
    confused-dot
    Refused written confirmation of car insurance auto-renewal cancellation.
    • 18th Oct 19, 2:00 PM
    Refused written confirmation of car insurance auto-renewal cancellation. 18th Oct 19 at 2:00 PM
    I recently received my LV= renewal email quotation for our car insurance and found I could save 70 by moving to another mainstream insurer - and get better cover into the bargain. Nothing new there then.

The renewal email from LV= stated that they would auto-renew the policy if I did not notify them of cancellation and the only option to do that was by phone.

On phoning LV=, and finally getting to speak to a real live agent, I said I wanted to cancel the policy. After a few questions, she stated the renewal had now been cancelled. Naturally, I asked for their email confirmation of the renewal cancellation but she replied, 'we can not do that'. I objected by saying that without written confirmation of my cancellation they could, if they wished, deny that I had ever phoned them! No dice, flat out refusal of email confirmation.

This is the second time this year I have been refused email confirmation of a cancellation phone call, the previous occasion being the nigh on impossible task of cancelling my EE mobile contract.

I think customers need to be more challenging about such one-sided, highhanded treatment by major service providers. Anyone else had the same problems?
Page 1
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 18th Oct 19, 2:52 PM
    • 2,545 Posts
    • 1,266 Thanks
    soulsaver
    • 18th Oct 19, 2:52 PM
    • 18th Oct 19, 2:52 PM
    Make a contemporaneous note of the time of cancellation conversation and who you talked to.

If you're still worried email a confirmation to LV, ref the time & name of their agent.

Did you not get a communique saying you've not renewed, you're no longer insured with us, you're obliged to have cover etc.?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

480Posts Today

5,356Users online

Martin's Twitter