Bank smart trying to charge me!

Comments

• brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Good luck in not paying fees when you’ve signed a contract with them.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • " I cannot speak to anyone, there is no facility to do so"

Try this 0800 773 4344
    I work in Data Protection and spend my days dealing with CMC's. Only here trying to help!!
  • Alpine_Star
    Alpine_Star Posts: 1,354
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    IzzyH wrote: »
    Perhaps it would be worth taking them to court, or contacting a TV show to investigate as a group?
    Thank you.

Watch this space.
  • Alpine_Star
    Alpine_Star Posts: 1,354
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    ''Money Box has been hearing from disgruntled clients of a claims management company charging customers huge fees years after they thought their accounts had been settled. Ben Carter has been investigating.''

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0009z2m
  • Im afraid i have falled for the same thing i am passed myself with worry ...we can barley cover heating bills without a bill from these people ...have no idea whats going to happen now ..i sent them my personal data too
  • Can someone help us all
  • Awful ...im really worried we need help with these people ..i am truly worried
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977
    First Post
    Forumite
    Tracie g - why is the issue, if you are having a problem with Bank Smart then you first need to complain to them, if you don’t receive the desired outcome you can take the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service as Bank Smart or authorised by FCA.

If the issue is that you have enlisted them to act on your behalf with regards to a claim, then I am afraid you are liable to pay their percentage of any redress received as per the terms of your contract.
  • Yes i understand i have to pay if im payed out anything at all ...the thing is i havnt yet ...and by reading other peoples notes on hear they have been charged will no result of payment ..its suposed to be no win no fee ..what ive read is scaring me thats all ..
  • I also seem to have been snared by these scammers. Had an email regarding a claim I never even made with them but another company called Ascend finance. The claim was resolved and I received nothing this was years ago. Yet they say it was logged in July last year 2019 which is not true. I’ve never signed anything from bank smart themselves so I replied telling them to delete my details and remove me from there system. I have moved and they don’t have my current address so not sure what I’ve received in terms it letters. I have never signed anything from them but are worried they will target me with big bills. I received the email today first time I have heard from them. Help!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback