Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • saintscouple
    • By saintscouple 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    • 3,936Posts
    • 2,943Thanks
    saintscouple
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread -
    • 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread - 4th Aug 08 at 6:38 PM
    Quick note from MoneySavingExpert.com

If you've just come from the tip, below is a discussion by forum regulars to collate the hottest mega-bargains currently on offer at Poundland. This discussion has been going for a while, so click on the last page of the discussion to see the most up-to-date deals.

Current top deals

Current top deals include
    1 iPod speakers, Aveeno face cream (RRP 12) & Neutrogena Cleansing Cushions (4).
    Find your nearest Poundland.

More discount store bargains

Wilkinsons | B&M Bargains | Home Bargains

Huge thanks to saintscouple and all the MoneySavers who contributed to this thread for their amazing work.

Now back to the original post …

Seeing as the old thread was some 18 months old, I thought it best to start a new thread to keep the finds valid.

For reference the old thread can be found HERE.

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 07-09-2017 at 2:15 PM.
Page 377
    • Sophy
    • By Sophy 9th Oct 19, 7:20 PM
    • 484 Posts
    • 2,832 Thanks
    Sophy
    QUOTE by LouLou - I enjoy compiling posts on the Poundland and the OneBelow thread - (of course, threads are open for anyone to contribute) but a PM/comments again and again correcting me about amounts I may have got wrong via Google, or even my recent typo, are they really necessary?

This is an information thread, not a conversation or criticism thread - sometimes I make mistakes. I actually got a bit of a fright when I saw a PM waiting for me.

A mod can delete this if they wish.
    Originally posted by catswiththumbs

Keep your comments coming - they alert me to potential bargains [/QUOTE]

Yep, can only thank you for your posts, and ESPECIALLY the pictures - you've saved me a fortune at the garden centre, you find such interesting things.
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 12th Oct 19, 2:45 PM
    • 7,687 Posts
    • 11,303 Thanks
    KxMx
    Penn State Pretzels (Sour cream & onion, plain) 175g bags.
    Seabrooks new sharing bags 150g, Salted and Cheese/Onion.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 14th Oct 19, 10:26 PM
    • 1,978 Posts
    • 4,195 Thanks
    LouLou
    Trongate, Glasgow Poundland:

Daim Limited Edition Lemon 3 Pack, 1

Only saw one of these at the Car/DIY Section but these are interesting! 2 Pack Of Twist Ties (Industrial Strength/Holds Up To 50kg), 1
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 17th Oct 19, 12:05 AM
    • 1,978 Posts
    • 4,195 Thanks
    LouLou
    From Argyle Street, Glasgow:

Cadbury Dairy Milk Winter Gingerbread Edition, 1

Twin Peaks Caramel Crunch 180g, 1

A Bite To Eat Lunch Bag & Bottle Set, 5
    Hogwart's Pencil Case, 2

Harry Potter (A4, I think) Notebooks and Harry Potter Bumper Stationery Set, 5
    Think the A3? Notepads are 2, hard to tell from the display

Some 2020 Annuals appearing - The Secret Life Of Pets 2, Topps Match Attax, The Angry Birds 2 Movie, 1

Daniel Galvin Jr Detangling Lice Repel Spray, Citrus Zing 200ml, 1 (Vegan Friendly/Organic)

TRESemme Collagen Fullness Thickening Balm 125ml, 1
    • ummati
    • By ummati 17th Oct 19, 11:57 AM
    • 301 Posts
    • 917 Thanks
    ummati
    Thank you for posting the deals. They are of great help even though I never seem to find some of the bargains.
    In the Poundland in Colne the “bite to eat” lunchboxes had gone down to 3. They had other designs too.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 23rd Oct 19, 9:44 PM
    • 1,978 Posts
    • 4,195 Thanks
    LouLou
    Argyle Street Glasgow tonight:

Apex Legends 2020 Annual or Fortnite 2020 Annual, 1

Trolls 2020 Annual, 1

All Ride AdBlue 5L (this was at the 5 Auto section, 5 I assume). Says "Top purity cabamide solution for SCR exhaust aftertreatment"

Looks like those Clever Tiles have a competitor - RoomMates StickTiles, 2

Unicone Cornet (Wafer With Cocoafantasy Hazelnut Cream And Dragees) 5 Pack, 1

The Addams Family Choc Covered Marshmallows, 1

Edit: Forgot about these. Short Metal Sectioning Clips, 12 Pack, 1
    Last edited by LouLou; 24-10-2019 at 2:23 AM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 23rd Oct 19, 11:52 PM
    • 31,353 Posts
    • 65,335 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I had a very disappointing trip to Poundland today. I was after a witch's hat for my little niece, and was disappointed with the quality of what was on offer: a rim with a thin polyester cone inside which is effectively a bag of air just waiting to catch fire should a stray flame come its way . I would much prefer to see Poundland selling fireproof and better made costume hats for more than just a 1 - after all they now routinely have merchandise at 2 and 5. I'm a firm believer that all costumes should be made fireproof, in the same way as nightwear was decades ago.

In the sweetie department, I spotted the elusive orange Bournville but at 1 for 100g I decided it was too pricey to try. Twin Peaks also has a new variety in light blue packaging: popping candy. Its a "special edition" and is retailing at silly prices on eBay.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 24th Oct 19, 6:18 PM
    • 1,978 Posts
    • 4,195 Thanks
    LouLou
    From Union Street, Glasgow earlier:

Astor Skin Match Protect Concealer 003 Honey Vitamins C & E, 1

More annuals, the Minecraft 2020 Annual was in there (should have said before, but the gaming annuals all say Independent & Unofficial), 1

Various pens, pencil cases, notebooks - suspect the Fortnite one is more than 1 though

Lexibook Avengers 2000mAh Power Bank, 1 (could only see Captain America)
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 25th Oct 19, 1:29 PM
    • 1,978 Posts
    • 4,195 Thanks
    LouLou
    Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow:

Radox 12H Scent Touch Feel Free Long Lasting Fragrance (Scent Of Matcha Green Tea & Coconut Water Body Wash) 200ml, 1

Another variety of Dove Nourishing Secrets - Invigorating Ritual Body Lotion With Avocado Oil & Calendula Extract 250ml, 1

Not seen these in Poundland before:
    Cif Perfect Finish Mould Stain Remover/Oven & Grill/Stainless Steel 435ml, 2

Various Vanish Oxi-Action tubs at 5 (though I see them in Asda for 4 at the moment)
    Calgon Powerball Tabs x 15, 5 (seems to be 5 everywhere else too)
    Vanish Liquid, Vanish Spray, Ace For Whites, Ace For Colours 550ml, Astonish Oxy Action Plus 500g, 1
    Lenor Tumble Dry Sheets Spring Awakening x 34, 2, Lenor Gold Orchid 33 Wash, 2 Lenor Fresh Meadow 34 Wash, 2

Dettol Pouch (Surface Cleanser/Anti-Bacterial) 1.2L, 2
    Dettol Clean & Fresh Multipurpose Refreshing Green Apple 1L, 2
    Cillit Bang Active Foam Soapscum & Shine 600ml, 2

This store also has more of the Lexibook Avengers Powerbanks.

Edit: Forgot these...

NYC Automatic Eyeliner 003 Deep Brown 0.28g (also in Black), Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Eye Cream 22 Light Beige 1.5ml, Maybelline SuperStay 24H Color 197 Boundless Berry, 1 each
    Last edited by LouLou; 25-10-2019 at 5:46 PM.
    • monz
    • By monz 29th Oct 19, 9:42 AM
    • 3,765 Posts
    • 12,964 Thanks
    monz
    omg I am in cleaning heaven! Thank you posting this... Also realise I may need a life...
    Debt (1/9/14) 6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mum and dad 4,000/4,000
    car PCP - 3,029.82/11,848.25 mortgage - 78,820 o/s currently - paid 7,474.89 (260.30 overpayment)
    Fence fund - 1,200/1,200 holiday 2020 - 300/2000
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 29th Oct 19, 11:15 AM
    • 31,353 Posts
    • 65,335 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    The Maybelline lippie looks very tempting, but I really don't get on with liquid products.

The product (unshiftable drying liquid plus balm on top) reminds me of a L'Oreal product that was launched about 20 years ago! Colour perfection or something like that? The ad featured kiss after kiss after kiss and it didn't budge.

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    • calleyw
    • By calleyw 29th Oct 19, 10:43 PM
    • 9,224 Posts
    • 17,203 Thanks
    calleyw
    If you are in to making your own christmas decorations. Sorry No picture, but in the christmas stock was make your wreath rose gold metal hoops. I picked up one to look at and seems there was two in a pack for a 1.

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 31st Oct 19, 10:21 PM
    • 1,978 Posts
    • 4,195 Thanks
    LouLou
    Trongate, Glasgow:

Marvel Avengers Eau De Toilette 20ml, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, 1
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 2nd Nov 19, 9:53 AM
    • 31,353 Posts
    • 65,335 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I was on the hunt for dimmable light bulbs yesterday - I can save anyone else the pain of looking in Poundland for them, because although they do many varieties of bulbs, not the dimmable ones. No Maybelline lippie either but they did have small bottles of L'Oreal nail varnish, which tbh looked like they had seen much better days!

I was actually quite impressed with the range of DIY bits available for 1. They had reinforced tape (which I am guessing is a Duct tape copy), 10m rolls, some "Smart Strips" which I think are a Command me-too, and also some grips which can be used in the same way as tacking for wires etc, that don't make a mess of your wall - all good buys IMHO.

Resisted any of the Christmas"goodies" on account of the fact that they didn't actually look that good

• LouLou
    • By LouLou 2nd Nov 19, 10:44 PM
    • 1,978 Posts
    • 4,195 Thanks
    LouLou
    Argyle Street, Glasgow (some of the household items may be old news!).

Fisher Price Octonauts Figures, 1

Tear pack Octonauts, also Nickelodeon Spongeez, 1

Christmas-y stuff:

(Top to bottom)
    1 Bennett's Luxury Fragrances (Frankincense, Mulled Wine, Pine & Berries)
    Glass Candle
    Votive Gift Set
    6 Votive Candles, Room Scents
    Reed Diffuser, 30 Incense Sticks With Holder

Oreo Biscuit Tins, 3 (Edit: It's 350g)

Cards
    Xmas Boxes 1

Lily Blush Little Petal EDP 50ml, 1 (quite nice, for those who like rose fragrances)

20 (Festive) Paper Plates, 20 Paper Cups, 8 Paper Platters
    Various Xmas Mugs
    Glittery Plates of some sort - 1

1 ElfMates display at the end of an aisle:

Top-Bottom:
    Card Matching Game, Bunting, Toy Maker Sweater
    Felt Tips, Tree Decorations, Festive Tape, Night Shirt, Blanket & Pillow
    Christmas Rewards Chart
    Elves Behaving Badly Message Board, Chalkboard, Christmas Bumper Pack, Cobbler Vinyl Window Clings
    ElfMates figures, 2​

More of the StickTiles I've seen in other Poundlands - 2

Metal Money Tins, 1

My Little Pony, Friends
    Superman and Gringotts (Harry Potter)

Plastic chopping boards - Green, Grey, Blue, 1 (was looking for one!)

Various microwaveable/storage containers, 1 (the huge ones at 5L and 4.2L are a particularly good buy).
    (Micro Fresh containers say: Dishwasher Safe/Microwave Safe/Freezer Safe/Leak Resistant)
    (Store Fresh containers say: BPA Safe/Dishwasher Safe/Leak Resistant/Freezer Safe)

10 pack Food bag clips, 1
    Last edited by LouLou; 10-11-2019 at 12:12 AM.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 4th Nov 19, 12:46 AM
    • 1,978 Posts
    • 4,195 Thanks
    LouLou
    Quick one from Trongate, Glasgow on Sunday afternoon (ripped it out its pack then realised I should've taken a picture)

Rimmel Ink Me Eye & Body Liner (liquid eyeliner) Golden Gang 3.5ml, 1

Didn't see any Black, which I'd prefer, but my nieces can play around with it. Font very similar to Kat Von D's liner
    • fozziebeartoo
    • By fozziebeartoo 4th Nov 19, 8:58 AM
    • 1,568 Posts
    • 12,696 Thanks
    fozziebeartoo
    LouLou I love your posts! Please don't stop!

I used to enjoy a good mooch around Poundland, but since ending up in a wheelchair, it is so much harder to actually see what there is, I rarely make the effort.

But I can shop vicariously through your photos
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 4th Nov 19, 11:14 AM
    • 31,353 Posts
    • 65,335 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    LouLou I love your posts! Please don't stop!

I used to enjoy a good mooch around Poundland, but since ending up in a wheelchair, it is so much harder to actually see what there is, I rarely make the effort.

But I can shop vicariously through your photos
    Originally posted by fozziebeartoo
    That is such a pity. All I can say is that Poundland's aisles are DDA compliant and I have seen people in mobility scooters and wheelchair users shop instore, and staff are generally helpful. I would suggest giving it another go if you can, perhaps taking a patient and trusted person with you to pick objects that are too high or low to select yourself? Part of the fun of Poundland in person is finding new and crazy stuff, equally important is the ability to scrutinise the item before you commit your pound to it. That in no small part adds to the sense of value for money.

Your post has made me realise just how much I take for granted.

• catswiththumbs
    • By catswiththumbs 6th Nov 19, 12:58 PM
    • 341 Posts
    • 592 Thanks
    catswiththumbs

In the sweetie department, I spotted the elusive orange Bournville but at 1 for 100g I decided it was too pricey to try. Twin Peaks also has a new variety in light blue packaging: popping candy. Its a "special edition" and is retailing at silly prices on eBay.
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse

Heron are advertising Bournville Orange for 79p - I saw it on their facebook page today. I saw it and thought of you (VfM4meplse) in case you are near a Heron store.
    • Middy_Oil
    • By Middy_Oil 8th Nov 19, 10:41 PM
    • 574 Posts
    • 14,978 Thanks
    Middy_Oil
    Paul Frank vinyl art Julius figures in Crawley - there were 5 editions (Halloween Pumpkin, Valentine, Clear, Vampire, and Skate) . They were in the Christmas gift section 1 shelf, but came up at till as 50p each! (There appear to be lots of other designs in the collection so possibly other branches might have other ones) (For ages 15 and up; adult collectible. Not a toy)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

70Posts Today

2,005Users online

Martin's Twitter