Buyer asking me to post outside of my dispatch time

124»

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,192 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    prowla wrote: »
    I can usually only post on the weekend, so ebay's postage dates are irrelevant to me.

However, I haven't sold something on ebay for ages anyway.

Ebay don't set the dates, the seller does. so as long as you set a 5 working day dispatch (or whatever you need to cover your once a week posting) the dispatch and delivery dates are estimated from that. Make sure if you do sell though that you change your times- otherwise it defaults to 2 days and you will end up with problems.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• When you put that into context, 30p PayPal fee is cheaper than actually making a choice to take a defect that you have full control over.
    I really wasn't sure how it'd work if I were to refund and ask them to pay again. It used to be that you had to cancel transaction in order to refund and if you just refunded via Paypal you'd get a defect. And I didn't know whether they'd be able to pay again so wasn't willing to risk, it wasn't because of the 30p charge of course.

Anyway, I managed to post after the last collection today and got the tracking into eBay's system. Will update if I get a defect. Buyer promised to leave the feedback and say that it arrived on time so hopefully may avoid it.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,192 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    kiwi_fruit wrote: »
    I really wasn't sure how it'd work if I were to refund and ask them to pay again. It used to be that you had to cancel transaction in order to refund and if you just refunded via Paypal you'd get a defect. And I didn't know whether they'd be able to pay again so wasn't willing to risk, it wasn't because of the 30p charge of course.

Anyway, I managed to post after the last collection today and got the tracking into eBay's system. Will update if I get a defect. Buyer promised to leave the feedback and say that it arrived on time so hopefully may avoid it.

Buyer will not be able to mark the item late or on time as it is automatic based on the courier information.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    soolin wrote: »
    Buyer will not be able to mark the item late or on time as it is automatic based on the courier information.

But when the buyer gives feedback it does ask if the item arrived in the expected time so it can effect your rating there.
  • soolin wrote: »
    but from the info above
    "We'll only consider a delivery as late if:

Tracking shows the item was delivered after the estimated delivery date, unless there's an acceptance scan within your dispatch time or there's confirmation from the buyer of on-time delivery"

it sounds as though buyer's on-time confirmation might override tracking defect. And I do also have the "acceptance scan within your dispatch time" , it's logged as posted just after 5.15 pm today according to RM tracking, I suppose I could argue with ebay this counts as being posted on time, as the deadline showed as 16th Oct 11.59pm.
    I'll come back to the thread to update on whether I got the defect. (No idea how long to wait for it though!)

• To follow up as promised-
    I never got the defect- although while it confirms the delivery on RM website, on ebay it just says "tracking number provided" (seems to be the case for all my items, they never "progress" to show the delivery status within ebay, even though they show as delivered on RM website).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure