Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 15th Jul 15, 10:56 PM
    • 1,783Posts
    • 4,069Thanks
    fredsnail
    0 WOW
    Lose Weight 37
    • 15th Jul 15, 10:56 PM
    0 WOW
    Lose Weight 37 15th Jul 15 at 10:56 PM
    Welcome to our new thread

It's Summer time so it's time to shift the lbs and get the figure you've always wanted

Welcome to the place where we encourage you not to save 's but to lose Lb's instead

So you wanna lose weight? Whether you want to lose a few pounds or several stone - you've come to the right place! Need a chat, a shoulder, encouragement and advice perhaps or even some downright silliness (even late at night or early in the morning)??

Pull up a chair and join in the chat, whatever plan you're following to lose weight, be it SW, WW, RC, or just plain old reducing what you eat and increasing the exercise, there'll be someone here that can help and advise, or offer moral support. The more you join in the chat more support you will get from the thread.

There are plenty of regulars here who follow all types of plan and will be willing and able to help you out or at least point you in the right direction.

During the course of the week, feel free to post your weekly loss, gain or no change, and see your results in a chart that's updated every Wednesday evening. To help me quickly spot the losses late at night, please post the loss as BOLD and Colourful as possible (Its helps those of us with bad eyes )

The chart is currently maintained by me, so if you can post your result before 10pm on a Wednesday you will be included on the chart.

Also you can take part in the 5lb monthly challenge - This is a fun mini motivational monthly challenge, in which the goal of losing 2lb per week, is spread out to 5lb per month. To get started so get your name down quick and post your name and start the new list. You could be Slimmer of the Week, or Slimmer of the Month!

We also currently have a monthly team challenge so if you want to join one of the teams it's never too late. This month we've a Home v Away challenge. If you want to take part send me a pm with the team you want to join and your starting weight. Then post your loss (or gain) each Wednesday

Sometimes we also have a monthly exercise challenge this month we're climbing the equivalent of the Blackpool Tower twice a week. We try to make these challenges suitable for all levels of fitness to encourage as many people to take part.

A few abbreviations:
    STS ~ Stay The Same (No change in weight)
    SOTW ~ Slimmer Of The Week
    SOTM ~ Slimmer Of The Month

We have plenty of recipes to help you in the recipes thread (link below) and there are links to useful websites below.
    There are some friendly peoples 'Before and After' Pics on Lose Weight 19 and 20

So come and join us, we're a friendly bunch! There are even one or two gentlemen hiding amongst us! You might even enjoy it
Page 53
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 12th Sep 19, 1:20 PM
    • 1,783 Posts
    • 4,069 Thanks
    fredsnail
    Here's this week's chart:

Congrats to our SoTW this week x_raphael_xx - keep going everyone

Here's this weeks chart for the exercise challenge:

This weeks quote is by Anon
    "You cannot always wait for the perfect time. Sometimes you must dare to jump."
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 12th Sep 19, 1:21 PM
    • 1,783 Posts
    • 4,069 Thanks
    fredsnail
    Apologies for the lateness of the chart this week - I was travelling and there was no WiFi.
    • dannie
    • By dannie 18th Sep 19, 6:49 AM
    • 1,923 Posts
    • 4,462 Thanks
    dannie
    STS since last Wednesday,

Had a last short walk for this year, to forage the last of the blackberries. Also, did the usual indoor and outdoor biking. A lot of gardening done yesterday and did the indoor weights every two days. Diet about the same, apart from one day eating more than usual.

Good luck.

Thanks.
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 18th Sep 19, 6:40 PM
    • 3,732 Posts
    • 19,533 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    3lbs gain this week, which seems fair considering the huge loss last week. Think my body is re-adjusting to the sudden diet & exercise change.
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!
    NSD's - 0/30 / EF Challenger #3 514.56/5000
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 18th Sep 19, 11:01 PM
    • 1,783 Posts
    • 4,069 Thanks
    fredsnail

No SoTW this week - don't give up and keep plodding

This weeks quote is by Celestine Chua
    "If you can see the positive sides of everything, you'll be able to live a much richer life than others."
    • dannie
    • By dannie 25th Sep 19, 6:30 PM
    • 1,923 Posts
    • 4,462 Thanks
    dannie
    STS since last week. Exercise and diet very similar to the week before apart from no short walks.

Thanks fredsnail.
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 25th Sep 19, 8:40 PM
    • 3,732 Posts
    • 19,533 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    Another gain this week, 3.6lbs
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 25th Sep 19, 9:08 PM
    • 1,783 Posts
    • 4,069 Thanks
    fredsnail

No SoTW this week - don't give up - tomorrow is a fresh start.

Next months challenge would be climb the Blackpool Tower once a week (563 steps) - if you want to take part please post below.

"Sometimes it takes sadness to know happiness, noise to appreciate silence and absence to value presence."
    Last edited by fredsnail; 25-09-2019 at 9:11 PM.
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 2nd Oct 19, 7:45 PM
    • 3,732 Posts
    • 19,533 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    Ugh, 1 lbs gain. At least it's small.
    My brother has visited for the weekend so lots of beer and roasts and bacon sarnies.
    Now he's gone time to get back on track!
    • dannie
    • By dannie 2nd Oct 19, 7:52 PM
    • 1,923 Posts
    • 4,462 Thanks
    dannie
    + 1lb since last Wednesday. More calories and less exercise perhaps? Not been so far on the outdoor bike but did all my other usual exercise activities, including a short walk to and from an appointment.

Thanks fredsnail.
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 2nd Oct 19, 8:55 PM
    • 1,783 Posts
    • 4,069 Thanks
    fredsnail

No SoTW this week - don't give up - tomorrow is a fresh start.

This months challenge would be climb the Blackpool Tower once a week (563 steps) - if you want to take part please post below.

"Do not let the shadows of your past darken the doorstep of your future. Forgive and forget.."
    • dannie
    • By dannie 9th Oct 19, 6:20 PM
    • 1,923 Posts
    • 4,462 Thanks
    dannie
    Usually mention outdoor bike miles per month. For September 2019, these were 26.2 miles which was less than in recent months.
    • dannie
    • By dannie 9th Oct 19, 6:36 PM
    • 1,923 Posts
    • 4,462 Thanks
    dannie
    - 1lb since last Wednesday. Had lots of local outdoor bike errands and one of them was tougher/further afield. The indoor weights have become more consistent and am getting stronger i.e. upper body. Also, did lots of indoor biking and a short walk. Not so much gardening has been done and still needs a lot of work/planning for next year. Diet same as usual.

Good luck everybody!

Thanks fredsnail.
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 9th Oct 19, 7:07 PM
    • 3,732 Posts
    • 19,533 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    0.8lb gain this week.

I ran a 10k on Sunday, but I've been feeling ill ever since. I've got chest pains, which I think is stress related, works been a bit much lately. I'm looking for something new.
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 9th Oct 19, 7:52 PM
    • 1,783 Posts
    • 4,069 Thanks
    fredsnail

Congrats to our SoTW this week Dannie - keep going everyone.

"You are not what you have done - you are what you have overcome."
    • Georg1o
    • By Georg1o 13th Oct 19, 8:14 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Georg1o
    I am the only one here that wants to gain weight? The winter is coming
    • dannie
    • By dannie 16th Oct 19, 4:50 PM
    • 1,923 Posts
    • 4,462 Thanks
    dannie
    - 2lb since last Wednesday. Did some local bike errands and one further afield again. Not as strong at the indoor weights yesterday. The indoor biking continues to be done every day. Much more gardening than the week before (i.e. weeding, composting and collecting anything edible). Diet was very similar.

Thanks fredsnail.
    Last edited by dannie; 16-10-2019 at 4:58 PM.
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 16th Oct 19, 6:51 PM
    • 3,732 Posts
    • 19,533 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    Finally a loss! Just 1 lbs, but in the right direction.
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 16th Oct 19, 9:07 PM
    • 1,783 Posts
    • 4,069 Thanks
    fredsnail

Congrats to our SoTW this week Dannie - keep going everyone.

"We all at certain times in our lives find ourselves broken. True strength is found in picking up the pieces."
    • dannie
    • By dannie 23rd Oct 19, 7:07 PM
    • 1,923 Posts
    • 4,462 Thanks
    dannie
    + 2lb since last Wednesday. Had a week of mainly just local bike trips to the shops (groceries and charity shop). Not keen to go out generally. Still did the indoor biking, weights and some gardening. Diet same as usual.

Good luck all.

Thanks fredsnail.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,670Posts Today

7,411Users online

Martin's Twitter