Disabled premium ESA

2»

Comments

• Hi do you know why you got the reference JSA rather than ESA? My WCA is Tuesday , can’t say I’m relishing that AT ALL. Then I’ve to apply for pip by 29th October as my DLA is ending. They certainly like to throw everything at people.
  • Chorlie
    Chorlie Posts: 1,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Hi do you know why you got the reference JSA rather than ESA? My WCA is Tuesday , can’t say I’m relishing that AT ALL. Then I’ve to apply for pip by 29th October as my DLA is ending. They certainly like to throw everything at people.

Don’t know why it showed as JSA, I was awaiting to see what’s on the next payment.

I thought it might be because it’s being reviewed and it was just an error, also I’ve just had a slight pension increase so they recalculate my ESA amount, so again it my of been an error when doing that....
  • pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 October 2019 at 2:01PM
    Chorlie wrote: »
    Don’t know why it showed as JSA, I was awaiting to see what’s on the next payment.

I thought it might be because it’s being reviewed and it was just an error, also I’ve just had a slight pension increase so they recalculate my ESA amount, so again it my of been an error when doing that....

ESA is 'piggy backed' to the JSA payment system so regular payments show as ESA on bank statements but any ad hoc payments show as JSA.

Your next payment should revert to ESA on bank details.

Nothing to worry about.
  • Chorlie
    edited 15 October 2019 at 4:35PM
    pmlindyloo wrote: »
    ESA is 'piggy backed' to the JSA payment system so regular payments show as ESA on bank statements but any ad hoc payments show as JSA.

Your next payment should revert to ESA on bank details.

Nothing to worry about.

Thanks for clarifying.....I think I’ve seen JSA in the past (a few years ago).

Oddly today I’ve received a letter confirming that “We have looked at your claim again following a recent change....”

And I’ve been placed in the Support Group (Contribution Based), but I’m not 100% sure if this was for the renewal claim or that my private Ill health pension increases (by RPI) in October each year, so had to informed them of this a few weeks ago....I think it’s the renewal since the amount awarded is the same, but they don’t make things very clear.

UPDATE:-

Just phoned for clarity and it was the renewal confirmation, I’ve get it for another 3yrs....

Is 3yrs the maximum length of time it can be awarded for...?
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,910 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Just phoned for clarity and it was the renewal confirmation, I’ve get it for another 3yrs....

Is 3yrs the maximum length of time it can be awarded for...?
    The timescale they give you is purely just a guide and nothing more. ESA is ongoing but you can be reassessed anytime from 3 months.
  • Chorlie
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    The timescale they give you is purely just a guide and nothing more. ESA is ongoing but you can be reassessed anytime from 3 months.

There’s no pattern to it; the first time it was after 12 months (without a WCA), the second was after 5yrs (with a WCA) and this last one started after 2.5yrs (with a WCA but had to wait 7 months for that).

Don’t you just love the DWP....
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,910 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper

Don’t you just love the DWP....
    Of course :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing