Paying in a santander cheque to the Post Office

Good day.
Has anyone any experience, guide, or advise of being able to pay a SANTANDER cheque in to the Post Office [they have envelopes] without a paying in slip.

I now have to wait for the slips to be posted to me at home or do a round trip of 20 miles and no parking outside to use a DATM. [digital ATM] I have no slips in my old cheque books.

Cheers Andy

PS On the app ONLY in the USA

Comments

• So you need to wait for the slips to be delivered.

Seems pretty simple.

From the Santander website:

To deposit cheques at a Post Office, you'll need

a personalised paying in slip and a deposit envelope along with the cheque(s) you want to deposit.

For a cheque paid into your account on a working day, as long as it isn't returned to us as unpaid, you'll get the funds by midnight two working days later, as it takes longer for us to process cheques through the Post Office.

To use this service, you'll need to pre-order paying in slips and deposit envelopes by calling 0800 9 123 123
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Not trying to be funny here but you have said that you have a Santander cheque (ie a cheque drawn on a Santander account) that you wish to pay in at the post office. Yoh have not said that you want to pay a cheque into your Santander account at the post office.
  • Thanks yes to be more specific then if it is any help. I really very sorry for the misleading text on my op thread.
    It is a Nat west, that's the bank, cheque of a higher than usual value, sent me as s refund from a travel agent I wished to pay into Santander bank account that is mine now that the local Santander bank branch has shut. I realise I could close the account and open one with another local bank branch but for the now just wanted to pay it in to my account with Santander bank via the Post office.
    Barclays have s online app where you can do it. Santander bank does to buy this facility is only available in the USA (United States of America)

I was asking if there was a safe and legal work around to do this as it was suggested via the post office. Rather than waiting for 7 to 10 days it was stated for a new order to arrive of the personalised paying in slips That is the country side of things. Obviously it seems not so I will leave the thread as it is causing me some consternation.
    Regards Andrew
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport