Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CBallard
    • By CBallard 10th Oct 19, 12:07 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    CBallard
    Advance in Pay
    • 10th Oct 19, 12:07 PM
    Advance in Pay 10th Oct 19 at 12:07 PM
    Hello

Iím serving in the RAF and wondering about an advance in pay. Iíve never taken one before and curious how much you can take and if you need a legit reason for doing it. And is someone able to confirm that itís interest free please?

Cheers
    Chris
Page 1
    • Silvertabby
    • By Silvertabby 10th Oct 19, 5:30 PM
    • 4,763 Posts
    • 7,593 Thanks
    Silvertabby
    • 10th Oct 19, 5:30 PM
    • 10th Oct 19, 5:30 PM
    Hello

Iím serving in the RAF and wondering about an advance in pay. Iíve never taken one before and curious how much you can take and if you need a legit reason for doing it. And is someone able to confirm that itís interest free please?

Cheers
    Chris
    Originally posted by CBallard
    It depends. Are you are asking about an advance of pay for house purchase? Or are you posted to/from overseas soon?

If not, and you are just looking to pay off your Barclaycard (seen your other post) then the answer depends on which side of the bed your WO PSF got out of. Even if sympathetic (almost certainly won't be if this is the case), any advance would be recovered in full from your next month's salary.

I've been retired for a while now (Sgt Pers Admin) but in my day advances of pay were only - exceptionally - authorised to meet an unforeseen emergency. As I remember saying many times, Christmas and/or overspending on credit cards are neither unforeseen nor emergencies.
    Last edited by Silvertabby; 10-10-2019 at 5:34 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,049Posts Today

7,811Users online

Martin's Twitter