Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Twointhebush
    • By Twointhebush 8th Oct 19, 9:55 PM
    • 92Posts
    • 8Thanks
    Twointhebush
    Shadowing a Tracker Fund?
    • 8th Oct 19, 9:55 PM
    Shadowing a Tracker Fund? 8th Oct 19 at 9:55 PM
    If I were to copy the percentages of investments in a tracker fund, would that save or cost me more money? Maybe tracker funds are constantly being modified and I wouldn't be able to keep up anyway?
Page 2
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 10th Oct 19, 2:08 PM
    • 16,217 Posts
    • 19,450 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    However:
    Its perfectly sensible to replicate the main holdings but then deciding to actively under/overweight certain holdings, and doing the same with dividend re-investments.I quite like the FTSE 100, save for the tobacco, consumer staples and oil sectors. Same for the S&P less all the frothy tech stocks.
    Originally posted by aberlyfid_2000
    What a coincidence. I've done similar with the S&P but only holding the frothy tech stocks
    Please dont criticise my spelling. It's excellent. Its my typing that's bad.
    • aberlyfid_2000
    • By aberlyfid_2000 10th Oct 19, 4:47 PM
    • 72 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    aberlyfid_2000
    haha, you must have been devastated when wework pulled its ipo
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

78Posts Today

2,005Users online

Martin's Twitter