Giving up/ Cutting Down Alcohol Thread Part 16

Options

Comments

• cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,313 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all, 9/21 for me today please. :)
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    loveasale wrote: »
    Morning all, so very sorry about the dog Arkers , you certainly have had a lot on lately x
    My life has just gone from bad to worse ,,,, I really couldn’t settle re the old BF business, , call it paranoia, or woman’s intuition, but I knew something was amiss,,,,
    So I did a really naughty thing and ‘guessed’ his phone lock number ,, bingo , got in on first try ,,
    The lady he is friends with is exactly that , just mates , the work mate is that as well ,,,,,,,,
    But I have found out there is a another woman,,,,,and he is having some sort of relationship with,, it’s purely sex , they meet up at his house every now and then , she works at local pub , and they are always drunk , it’s been going on for a couple of months ,,
    There is no sentiment in there text conversation, no kisses , and she didn’t even know he was away ,
    I am gutted , but in a strang way relieved that I now know I wasn’t going mad!
    I’ve not told him I know ,,,,, think I can have a little play with this one ,,,,,,,,,,,,!

Anyway I did drink yesterday, but today I hope to be AF x

Awwww sorry to read that LoveASale. How awful. As my dear Mum used to say "Tell him to get lost". You deserve better.
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    Sorry for your loss Arkers. Sad times.
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • shaggydoo
    edited 14 October 2019 at 12:02PM
    Options
    Arsenal 1/10:)

Honey Bear /14

LoveASale 4/14:):):):)

Maggie /14

Marra /5

Shaggy 2/14:):)

Sukey 1/5:)

Anybody Else?
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    LoveASale 2/5Rim_Shot_emoticon.gifRim_Shot_emoticon.gif

Mara 2/4Rim_Shot_emoticon.gifRim_Shot_emoticon.gif

Shaggy 2/4Rim_Shot_emoticon.gifRim_Shot_emoticon.gif
  • shaggydoo
    edited 14 October 2019 at 12:03PM
    Options
    October 2019

yay.gif = 7 Days

Rim_Shot_emoticon.gif= 14 Days

smiley_emoticons_saint.gif= 21 Days

angel.gif= 28 Days

DancingGrape.gif= 31 Days

dancing-banana-homer-simpson-smiley-emoticon.gif= Target Reached
    confetti.gif= Target Beaten

Annie /18
    Arkers 7/TFyay.gif

ArsenalBarnie 5/15

Barney 6/26
    CathyBird 9/21yay.gif

Cuppa /17
    Honey Bear 9/31yay.gif

LoveASale 6/20

LupusLou 1/31

MaggieM /10

Maman 4/10

Marahouti 4/21

Polly 2/TF

Pricey 3/23

Rosy

Season of Mist /30

SlowDown /24

Shaggydoo 5/21

Sukeyboo 5/12

WannaBeeFree /10

Please let me know if I've made a mistake!

Everyone Welcome Anytime of the Month!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good to be back in the swing of things after what felt like a long weekend.

I won't join the weightloss challenge but I will be cheering from the sidelines. I've managed to stay at my preferred weight (given a few blips for holiday gains:o) for just over 8 years so now I only weigh about every 2 months and use my clothes (the clean jeans test works well ;)) to keep me on track in between. This thread helped enormously. Using the theory of not trying to change too many things at a time I cut back on booze first on here and then tackled the healthy eating. It worked for me.:D

5/10 AFDs please Shaggy.
  • loveasale
    loveasale Posts: 620 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I’ve not spoken to him about it yet , as rather funnily I’m ashamed at having gone through his phone !!
    He is still ok with me , making plans for friends coming to visit -I just can’t work it out !
    :money: I will never be rich but I'm happy :rotfl:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    loveasale wrote: »
    I’ve not spoken to him about it yet , as rather funnily I’m ashamed at having gone through his phone !!
    He is still ok with me , making plans for friends coming to visit -I just can’t work it out !

I know how you feel, I'm sure I'd feel the same. It seems he's sort of compartmentalised his life. DH worked with someone who had a complete double life including children with another woman but his wife was totally unaware. Nothing surfaced until after he died unexpectedly. I know this is an extreme case but it seems some people can do this.
  • loveasale
    loveasale Posts: 620 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Crikey mamam,,, I hope not !!
    :money: I will never be rich but I'm happy :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income