Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 2nd Aug 17, 1:40 PM
    • 14,133Posts
    • 43,685Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel
    • 2nd Aug 17, 1:40 PM
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel 2nd Aug 17 at 1:40 PM
    It is that time again for a new thread as the old one is about to approach its 314th page.

Thanks to 3010 for posting the last thread

Please note in post number two there is now a list of FAQ that 3010 very kindly posted on the old thread so I have copied it here. .

Happy Posting

Link to old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4742377

Link to Join (Private Households) https://rmselfrecruit.research-int.com/Questionnaire/qstIntroductionPrivate.aspx

Link to Join (Businesses with Franking Abilities) https://rmbus.research-int.com

FAQS http://rmpanelzone.research-int.com/FAQ.htm
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 131
    • SuperMoose
    • By SuperMoose 4th Oct 19, 9:06 PM
    • 198 Posts
    • 531 Thanks
    SuperMoose
    Just thought I'd pass this on.
    If you get a Love2Shop gift card make sure you activate it before trying to use it. Otherwise you may be embarrased and the young man on the till won't know what to do with it as it keeps getting declined when you've said there's 10 on it

Obviously this didn't happen to me
    Please put out food and water for the birds and hedgehogs
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 4th Oct 19, 9:16 PM
    • 67,384 Posts
    • 305,483 Thanks
    beanielou
    Just thought I'd pass this on.
    If you get a Love2Shop gift card make sure you activate it before trying to use it. Otherwise you may be embarrased and the young man on the till won't know what to do with it as it keeps getting declined when you've said there's 10 on it

Obviously this didn't happen to me
    Originally posted by SuperMoose
    Thanks for the heads up
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14. MFW. 16 months to mortgage freedom.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 7th Oct 19, 9:40 PM
    • 39,554 Posts
    • 163,705 Thanks
    silvercar
    I sometimes write on the back of an envelope "thurs 2nd" or similar. today I received a message on the app that someone had reported that I was doing this and asking me not to do so in case it identified the post as being from a survey.

I often have birthday cards ready to post and write the posting date on the back, so how could this indicate a survey?
    • custardy
    • By custardy 8th Oct 19, 4:32 AM
    • 34,960 Posts
    • 29,627 Thanks
    custardy
    I sometimes write on the back of an envelope "thurs 2nd" or similar. today I received a message on the app that someone had reported that I was doing this and asking me not to do so in case it identified the post as being from a survey.

I often have birthday cards ready to post and write the posting date on the back, so how could this indicate a survey?
    Originally posted by silvercar
    It doesnt have to.
    It only has to indicate a potential panelist.
    • need an answer
    • By need an answer 8th Oct 19, 8:27 AM
    • 2,295 Posts
    • 2,770 Thanks
    need an answer

The best thing to do going forward is to either write in pencil and rub it out before posting or use a small piece of post it note which you can discard.

The problem everyone has with "writing" on the envelopes is that it doesn't identify the sender its the receiver who gets removed from the panel.

That receiver may not have ever done anything to identify themselves or others but because someone chose to write on an item delivered to them they are the ones penalised.

Good on that person who took the time to contact the panel to report what they received...and thank you to the panel for not just blanket banning someone who feels able to report it!
    Historically if someone spoke up about receiving a "written " on envelope or packet the panel have usually just removed them from the panel without contacting the sender.They have always considered it a potential way that their panelists could be identified by postal workers(rightly or wrongly)

Please think of a way that suits you better than to potentially identify your fellow panellists
    Last edited by need an answer; 08-10-2019 at 8:31 AM.
    in S 53 T 19 F 49
    out S 48 T 16 F 64

2017 -32 2018 -33 2019
    • Primrose
    • By Primrose 8th Oct 19, 9:10 AM
    • 9,052 Posts
    • 32,842 Thanks
    Primrose
    I use the mini "Post It" notes with the posting date written on them to attach to posting items. I realise when you're busy it,s easy to lose track without some written indication.

As has been said, its the recipient who Inadvertently "gives the game away" that they're part of a monitoring panel, rather than the sender if the postman sees dates written on the envelope, especially on the front.

I doubt postmen would report the issue though. I imagine they would just try and deliver mail to that specifically household more carefully and ensure that it's never misdelivered.

I suspect it,s new panellists who are mostly likely to do this as they get used to the system.
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 8th Oct 19, 9:40 AM
    • 39,554 Posts
    • 163,705 Thanks
    silvercar
    I use the mini "Post It" notes with the posting date written on them to attach to posting items. I realise when you're busy it,s easy to lose track without some written indication.

As has been said, its the recipient who Inadvertently "gives the game away" that they're part of a monitoring panel, rather than the sender if the postman sees dates written on the envelope, especially on the front.

I doubt postmen would report the issue though. I imagine they would just try and deliver mail to that specifically household more carefully and ensure that it's never misdelivered.

I suspect it,s new panellists who are mostly likely to do this as they get used to the system.
    Originally posted by Primrose
    Guilty as charged, and I will now change my ways.

I just don't understand how marking the back of an envelope can give the game away. Does that mean any recipient of birthdays cards from is seen as a potential panelist?
    • libra10
    • By libra10 8th Oct 19, 9:56 AM
    • 12,408 Posts
    • 298,947 Thanks
    libra10
    I never mark the envelopes, just keep each envelope in order underneath the posting schedule then post on correct date.
    • need an answer
    • By need an answer 8th Oct 19, 10:01 AM
    • 2,295 Posts
    • 2,770 Thanks
    need an answer
    Guilty as charged, and I will now change my ways.

I just don't understand how marking the back of an envelope can give the game away. Does that mean any recipient of birthdays cards from is seen as a potential panelist?
    unfortunately its a way that the panel organisers have decided could identify their recipient panelists...that doesn't mean that you cant carry on marking birthday cards or whatever you choose,its just a pointer that this particular panel has chosen to use.

many things in life come with obscure rules,I'm sure MSE have a few...sometimes we arnt meant to understand,just comply or face the consequences
    Last edited by need an answer; 08-10-2019 at 10:20 AM.
    in S 53 T 19 F 49
    out S 48 T 16 F 64

2017 -32 2018 -33 2019
    • joeyjimbles
    • By joeyjimbles 8th Oct 19, 12:12 PM
    • 1,883 Posts
    • 10,351 Thanks
    joeyjimbles
    This obviously doesn't work with cubes but I have used some of the white envelopes and mark them up Mon-Sat and then put the appropriate letter in the appropriate envelope. Means that I can just check ahead the next day or so without marking the envelopes themselves.
    • ciderboy2009
    • By ciderboy2009 8th Oct 19, 12:53 PM
    • 623 Posts
    • 588 Thanks
    ciderboy2009
    I don't seal the envelopes until I take them out to post and write the posting info in pencil where it will be covered when sealed.
    • Februarycat
    • By Februarycat 8th Oct 19, 1:34 PM
    • 1,363 Posts
    • 1,845 Thanks
    Februarycat
    Not so quick on 2nd order - 2 weeks and waiting....
    Originally posted by wideband

Same here 2 weeks and no gift card yet.
    OnePoll = 25 18/10/19 25 6/7/19
    Pureprofile = 25.00 16/3/19
    PanelOpinion = 10.59 4.1.19 - 10.35 19/9/19
    • bizzie
    • By bizzie 8th Oct 19, 5:25 PM
    • 232 Posts
    • 2,856 Thanks
    bizzie
    I do the same as ciderboy2009.

I'm pretty sure that the fact all our weekly mailings have an "if undelivered please return to" address (I won't write it here but it will be known by panellists) would prove more of an identifier as regular posties must learn which addresses are for which sender for example credit card company/bank marketing department, etc.
    Groceries: Personal Spend:
    NST November #29
    Goals for 2019: Balance in
    Self: Health: Wealth :
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th Oct 19, 5:57 PM
    • 67,384 Posts
    • 305,483 Thanks
    beanielou
    I use mini post its on the envelopes which I remove before posting.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14. MFW. 16 months to mortgage freedom.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • Baileys Babe
    • By Baileys Babe 9th Oct 19, 8:56 AM
    • 2,613 Posts
    • 13,691 Thanks
    Baileys Babe
    Like ciderboy and bizzie I write on the underside of the flap as I don't seal the item until just before it is going to be posted.

I previously worked somewhere where post-it notes were band as a file had previously been sent to a client complete with our company's comments on post-it notes, these were supposed to have been removed beforehand and caused some embarrassment. Now I never use them on anything that is for someone else.
    • wideband
    • By wideband 9th Oct 19, 10:43 AM
    • 39 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    wideband
    Same here 2 weeks and no gift card yet.
    Originally posted by Februarycat
    Mine arrived in this mornings post.
    • Februarycat
    • By Februarycat 9th Oct 19, 1:34 PM
    • 1,363 Posts
    • 1,845 Thanks
    Februarycat
    Mine arrived in this mornings post.
    Originally posted by wideband

Mine did too.
    OnePoll = 25 18/10/19 25 6/7/19
    Pureprofile = 25.00 16/3/19
    PanelOpinion = 10.59 4.1.19 - 10.35 19/9/19
    • lesleyb
    • By lesleyb 9th Oct 19, 4:43 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 140 Thanks
    lesleyb
    I never mark the envelopes, just keep each envelope in order underneath the posting schedule then post on correct date.
    Originally posted by libra10
    I do that as well, it seems the easiest way to me, no extra work involved
    • girlchops
    • By girlchops 10th Oct 19, 9:40 PM
    • 229 Posts
    • 1,818 Thanks
    girlchops
    UA Survey Invite for 4/11/19
    Hi all,
    When I logged in this evening there was a pop up for unaddressed survey waiting for me . Survey starts 4 November but don't recall end dates stated.
    Oddly i received an email invite for this on Tuesday 8/10 and logged in immediately at that time but there wasn't anything there, no pop-up to accept so thought all spots had already gone!
    Similar thing happened last month but because i deleted email at the time i thought it was my mistake but i kept it this time for some reason.
    Anyway HTH
    • wideband
    • By wideband 11th Oct 19, 1:49 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    wideband
    Hi all,
    When I logged in this evening there was a pop up for unaddressed survey waiting for me . Survey starts 4 November but don't recall end dates stated.
    Originally posted by girlchops
    Received similar invite a few Days ago - End date 24 November
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

800Posts Today

7,351Users online

Martin's Twitter