Good but cheap way to have an online shop

HI, I volunteer at my kids school, and they want to take their second hand uniform shop online; it's a special school so kids live far and wide away (up to 75 mins away) and can't necessarily get into school in person. Uniform is mandatory, expensive and extensive.
I said I would try to find a way to sell online but am struggling; can someone help pls?
School not keen on Ebay; they'd ideally like a link from the school newsletter or website to a separate page where I can advertise eg "blazer size 24, one button missing but otherwise in excellent condition £35....and then the parent can see that, purchase and pay online and we can send item home via child.
I've looked at ticket tailor (used before for fireworks tickets etc and it's great but this school don't have events like that) - and on any case it is geared to events and tickets.
Other websites want £30 per month - which will likely swallow up the profit - plus the parent or school have to swallow about 70p per PayPal transaction.
Does anyone know of a better way pls?

Comments

• fenwick458
    fenwick458 Posts: 1,522 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Facebook, set up a private buying & selling group for scool pupils/parents only.
    Only charges you'd have are PayPal fees, 3.4% plus 20p I think. So just add that onto the cost of the item you're selling so the buyer pays, same as they would for postage
  • rhysadams
    rhysadams Posts: 303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Wordpress and Woocommerce, if you use a page builder such as Elementor its really easy to set up and there are lots of tutorials online including WpTuts.

Use Stripe for your payments as its cheaper than Paypal.

You could use Etsy as an option.
  • Look at one.com and wix.com both have fantastic website builders and eCommerce bolt ons.
    1st year domain and hosting is about £12 for each
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport