Thames Water Bill

I received my water bill today which was an estimated bill like last time. I then submitted a water reading so that I could get the proper bill. In the estimated bill breakdown there is an estimated total for the bill to be paid and a breakdown of the direct debit payments. But there is no estimated meter reading. Is there a way to find this as I want to get a premptive feel for what the actual bill will be as opposed to the estimated one?

Thanks

Comments

• matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Ask them what they've estimated. Look at previous bills or even an on-line account (if you've got one) to see the last time the meter was read.

IMO you should treat your water meter like your gas and leccy meters and read them yourself regularly and keep your own records. You then dont get caught out with estimated bills coz you know yourself how much you've used and you can get your bills corrected
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • 1socrates1
    1socrates1 Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have looked at my online account and every detail is there except for theestimated meter reading. I will wait for their amended bill and go from there. It is weird that they have changed the structure of the bill and the last time it mentions the actual estimated meter reading itself was one I received a few years ago. The latest two I received just had the monetary amount and the direct debit payment scheme and since the previous estimation seemed good to me I went alongwith it, it was just that the latest one went up in estimation that I submitted my actual meter reading. I will be glad to be using correct readings in the latest formulation of the bill; just wanted to limit the onset of any shock when I receive the new bill.......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure