Air guitar and I'm learning air drums.
  • Skittermanders
    Options
    I play piano.
  • Humdinger1
    Humdinger1 Posts: 1,901 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Clarinet; and I sing a bit. Sadly life has taken over so v occasional but would love to be in virtual band! Often play fairground monkeys to get back to sleep. Pick 3 characters: current, historical or fictional who ideally will never have met. Match them with an instrument. My fave so far is Einstein rapping on vocals; Virginia Woolf on bagpipes; Canute on French horn. Look forward to joining the debate! Thanks v much Humdinger
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I can play the ukulele 
  • ZoeSkinner
    ZoeSkinner Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Yes, I play the piano and guitar, I like to play movie soundtracks.

• Phil3822
    Phil3822 Posts: 604 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Trumpet in a few bands, can play any brass though. Main genre for me is swing and pop.
  • tobyandoatch
    Options
    I would like to learn to play the saxophone 
  • Saga
    Saga Posts: 302 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Currently learning piano (self-taught, working towards grade 5 and already have grade 5 theory). I use headphones with my digital piano.

I have also tried many instruments in the past: recorder, violin, clarinet, flute, viola.  But couldn't afford tutoring and living in a flat means it would be very unfair to neighbours. Many of these are 'technical' instruments that don't lend themselves to self-tutoring where picking up bad habits is easy even if you follow YouTube videos.

I really want to learn bassoon and join an amateur orchestra (partly why I took up viola as they are always needed in these outfits) but they're expensive** and also for the reasons given above. **Cheap ebay purchases are false economy for bassoons.

---
    100% debt-free!
  • hrb2306
    Options
    I had a midlife crisis last year when I turned 40 and signed up for singing and trumpet lessons. It’s been one of the greatest things I’ve ever done! 

The only problem is that lockdown has made me put the trumpet on hold as I live in a terraced house and cannot inflict my practising on the neighbours. I used to go practise at the church where my husband works so no one could hear me but that’s not possible now. 
    Music is now one of the greatest joys and biggest calming influences in my life. 
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Descant and treble recorders and piano. I'm not the world's best by any means but I do enjoy it!

But OP went away last year and didn't return to see the fruits of his/her labour! This is quite an old thread but I like it anyway.
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback