Barclaycard Lifestyle Plan - PPI rejected

Hi wonder if someone can help.

I had Barclaycard Lifestyle Plan which was paid for by my Barclaycard ach month.

Barclays are claiming this wasn't PPI, and although the link to my card doesn't fall under the PPI claims as it was a separate product and not ppi.

This was underwritten by Monument insurance.

Barclays are very insistent this wasn't PPI

Comments

• SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Barclays are claiming this wasn't PPI,

That is because it isn't. It is life assurance.
    Barclays are very insistent this wasn't PPI

And they are correct. Much in the same way car insurance is not PPI. House insurance is not PPI and indeed any other insurance that isnt PPI will not be PPI either.
  • NX1977 wrote: »

This was underwritten by Monument insurance.
    So you went to the trouble of discovering who the underwriter was, but didn't bother to remind yourself that you purchased Life Assurance rather than PPI?

Not all insurance was PPI and not even all PPI was mis-sold.

It's not somehow wrong simply to have insurance, so how do you think this Life cover was mis-sold to you?
  • NX1977
    NX1977 Posts: 84 Forumite
    First Post
    So you went to the trouble of discovering who the underwriter was, but didn't bother to remind yourself that you purchased Life Assurance rather than PPI?

Not all insurance was PPI and not even all PPI was mis-sold.

It's not somehow wrong simply to have insurance, so how do you think this Life cover was mis-sold to you?

Barclays gave me a number to call which said it was Monument. All paperwork states its Barclaycard.

To the best of my knowledge it was sold as being PPI, not life insurance - which I already had with a mortgage endowment, so I wouldn't need further life insurance.

Interestingly Barclays closed this insurance and kicked everyone out circa 2013?
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    To the best of my knowledge it was sold as being PPI, not life insurance - which I already had with a mortgage endowment, so I wouldn't need further life insurance.

PPi and life assurance have absolutely no overlap in cover. So, Life assurance cannot be sold as PPI. It is just impossible.
    Interestingly Barclays closed this insurance and kicked everyone out circa 2013?

Quite often happens with old fashioned non-mainstream plans where they fail to get enough people with policies or the number of people with polices declines to a level that is no longer sustainable to offer it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure