Waiting for a proposal - how did you stay sane?!

1227228229230231233»

Comments

• pinkduvetdiva
    pinkduvetdiva Posts: 405 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 24 March 2019 at 9:27AM
    We've been together just short of 5 years and bought a house together at the end of last year. On Saturday, we'll be heading into town to look at engagement rings! Once the ring is bought, it'll be hidden away for a proposal that will be coming sometime this year. (We're keeping it a secret from our families and friends until the proposal, hence me posting on here!)
  • I waited 5 years to the day from our first date. (I've been engaged for 3 weeks!)

I had so many occasions I thought he'd propose. Quite a few holidays, days away, days out etc. In March he surprised me with a night away and I thought 'This is it!' but it never happened. We spoke about it and he said he'd wait until we'd bought our house. So I was happy to settle into the idea I was probably waiting another year, as we put an offer down on a house at the start of August and I didn't think he'd go out and buy a ring while we were saving for the house or moving.

Anyway, went on holiday for our anniversary (start of Sept) as we do every year and he got down on one knee on the first night. I was absolutely flummoxed. He'd had the ring for months, my parents knew, his parents knew, my brother knew. He'd planned for years to ask me on our fifth anniversary, despite telling me otherwise!

BOY did I cry!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport