Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ted Bloke
    • By Ted Bloke 14th Sep 19, 11:20 AM
    • 22,204Posts
    • 25,429Thanks
    Ted Bloke
    How do you link to or quote from a Closed thread?
    • 14th Sep 19, 11:20 AM
    How do you link to or quote from a Closed thread? 14th Sep 19 at 11:20 AM
    What works for live threads doesn't not work for closed ones.
    Witch hunt saboteur. Sorry my posts so long - not time write shorter ones. A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel - “The very first step we must take is the acquisition of enough self-respect and self-confidence to say that we have met an enemy and that he is not us, but someone else.” De asini callidi nauseatum sum
Page 1
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 14th Sep 19, 2:17 PM
    • 14,158 Posts
    • 43,727 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 14th Sep 19, 2:17 PM
    • 14th Sep 19, 2:17 PM
    What works for live threads doesn't not work for closed ones.
    Originally posted by Ted Bloke

If a thread has been closed by either a bg or the forum team, you won't be able to comment or quote on that thread I am afraid.

You can link to a closed thread though, ie this is a closed thread here https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4897093
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • miriamac
    • By miriamac 14th Sep 19, 8:37 PM
    • 1,216 Posts
    • 2,622 Thanks
    miriamac
    • 14th Sep 19, 8:37 PM
    • 14th Sep 19, 8:37 PM
    If a thread has been closed by either a bg or the forum team, you won't be able to comment or quote on that thread I am afraid.

You can link to a closed thread though, ie this is a closed thread here https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4897093
    Originally posted by sarah1972
    And here's a link to the first post on that closed thread:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=64700033&postcount=1

I clicked on the post number at the top right hand corner of the post, it opened in a new screen, and I copied and pasted the link from the 'address bar'(?)

It may not be the way that technical peeps would do it - or explain it - but it works
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 14th Sep 19, 9:14 PM
    • 13,648 Posts
    • 16,726 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    • 14th Sep 19, 9:14 PM
    • 14th Sep 19, 9:14 PM
    You can also construct a quote link manually.

Official MSE Fully Researched Guides & Tools
    Originally posted by Crabman
    {quote=Crabman;64690933}Official MSE Fully Researched Guides & Tools{/quote}

(where the curly braces become square braces)

The number 64690933 is the post number as described in the post above.
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 14-09-2019 at 9:25 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the The Money Savers Arms, Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there.

Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Ted Bloke
    • By Ted Bloke 20th Sep 19, 9:46 AM
    • 22,204 Posts
    • 25,429 Thanks
    Ted Bloke
    • 20th Sep 19, 9:46 AM
    • 20th Sep 19, 9:46 AM
    You can also construct a quote link manually.

{quote=Crabman;64690933}Official MSE Fully Researched Guides & Tools{/quote}

(where the curly braces become square braces)

The number 64690933 is the post number as described in the post above.
    Originally posted by Cornucopia
    Well if I am not mistaken Cornucopia is one of the guys who closes the threads in the first place which is why I am having to ask.
    Last edited by Ted Bloke; 20-09-2019 at 11:16 AM.
    Witch hunt saboteur. Sorry my posts so long - not time write shorter ones. A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel - “The very first step we must take is the acquisition of enough self-respect and self-confidence to say that we have met an enemy and that he is not us, but someone else.” De asini callidi nauseatum sum
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

765Posts Today

6,479Users online

Martin's Twitter