Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bigal84
    • By Bigal84 13th Sep 19, 6:24 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Bigal84
    Childcare Vouchers
    • 13th Sep 19, 6:24 PM
    Childcare Vouchers 13th Sep 19 at 6:24 PM
    Hi. Can anyone help please? Today my employer cancelled my monthly childcare voucher allowance of 220 via salary sacrifice, without any warning because according to them, I'd taken 11 days holiday and therefore only worked 2 and a half weeks out of the last 4 week period (I am lunar pay) They state that they could not deduct this as I would have gone below national living wage. I was paid fully for my holiday yet they say my 4 week wages wouldn't afford this. Now I'm stuck for a month to pay my childcare provider. Is my company correct? Thanks.
Page 1
    • WYSPECIAL
    • By WYSPECIAL 16th Sep 19, 8:03 AM
    • 375 Posts
    • 150 Thanks
    WYSPECIAL
    • 16th Sep 19, 8:03 AM
    • 16th Sep 19, 8:03 AM
    Company I used to work for always said that holiday pay and premiums did not count towards the minimum wage and it was only what you had actually worked that counted. This used to catch people out who salary sacrificed their pension contributions.

Not sure if it was a legal thing or just a company policy but they paid on a lunar cycle too. Could even be the same company!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,845Posts Today

8,461Users online

Martin's Twitter